ReFlash a Stock ROM after going to a custom one?

Guest dragonriot

Guest dragonriot

Ok, so I've been switching from ROM to ROM trying to find one that I actually like, and I'm about to give my Omnia to my mom and get her Droid instead... Every custom ROM I've used so far has been unstable, and while that's ok for me, because I'm a tech wizard and I love to fix things, unstable will not work for my mom.

I need a way to revert back to the original Samsung/Verizon released Windows Mobile 6.5.1, I hope someone can help me out here.

Guest rubadub234
Ok, so I've been switching from ROM to ROM trying to find one that I actually like, and I'm about to give my Omnia to my mom and get her Droid instead... Every custom ROM I've used so far has been unstable, and while that's ok for me, because I'm a tech wizard and I love to fix things, unstable will not work for my mom.

I need a way to revert back to the original Samsung/Verizon released Windows Mobile 6.5.1, I hope someone can help me out here.

Sorry, there was never an official 6.5 release for the Omnia let alone 6.5.1. The only official update was the GPS unlocked CF03 ROM that replaces the entire phone back to 6.1. All of the cooked ROMs have been taken from test builds, so none of them are completely stable.

Guest Grassguy
Sorry, there was never an official 6.5 release for the Omnia let alone 6.5.1. The only official update was the GPS unlocked CF03 ROM that replaces the entire phone back to 6.1. All of the cooked ROMs have been taken from test builds, so none of them are completely stable.

Why do you think that none of them are stable? I'm on Evidence's v10 and it's as stable as the ROM that came outta the box, only it's WAY better and faster and cutting edge. I just showed a guy the other day my omnia who had a tilt2 and he was like...i want that! I laughed and said sorry yer stuck with an older version of 6.5 until someone cracks yer phone! I love doing that to people who think they have the latest and greatest, plus our omnia's are clocked faster!