HTC HD2 - Bugs / issues

Guest surfnsnack

Guest surfnsnack

hummmm,

Well I have a nice shiny HD2 to replace my 3GS.

here are the issues / comments that I have encountered over the last 3 weeks.

1. Using HTC Sense you cannot set activesync Data Sync schedule for Off peak' to manual

You have every other option, ' As item arrives' up to ' Every 4 hours'

the option for 'Manual' does not exist.

you have to do this via WM original Activesync

2. Every time - without fail, if I change the DataSync schedule for ' Peak hours' to or from 'As item arrives'

then on the next Sync Active Sync will error. The only resolution was to delete all exchange partnerships, reboot device and start over...

3. When editing contacts using HTC Sense GUI and assigning the contact to an outlook group, this does not persist. The only way for the group membership to

persist is eiither

a) edit the group membership directly in HTC Sense, or

:( use the WM6.5 original contact GUI interface

4) Volume control when in a call does not always operate correctly, until the call has conected, and you have turned the voume up before setting a lower

volume setting. Otherwise a lower volume cannot be set.

5) Great music player - though custom equalizer settings drop off all the time, or fail to get applied without opening up th emenu option again.

6) Poor battery life - unless you disable 3G, then I get nearly two days :D

7) Media Player on stutters badly when a SMS or email is received.

8) No integrated Search application that searched the device and NOT the net. A must given the size of the SD cards this phone will accept.

I installed smartphonefind - old, limited functionality but works.

8) WiFI router, and wireless printing work fantastic!!

9) Windows Marketplace is a JOKE - TOOOO expensive, limited applications available, but functionally good. Handango is far better

10) Facebook app is very poor - it needs more functionality, and a better interface. The mobile web version is much quicker.

SPBMobile Shell does not integrate at all with HTC messages ( threaded ) , you have to view in the old fashioned single message view.

SPBMobile Shell 3d Accelerator does not work, so dont enable it. The GUI might look better but you will loose functionality

SPBMobile Shell & 3rd party switching tools to swap between the Shell and 'Today' Screen donot operate correctly

SPBMobile Shell (3.6) & HTC Sense will co-exist to some degree, though post install of SPB Shell you will have to add HTC Sense to the Today item list, and

the hardware keeys will allways be mapped to HTC.

I Swap between SPB Shell and HTC Sense using the 'SPB Home' shortcut and the Home hardware key. Not ideal but functional.

humm, thats all I have time for now.

Its is a fantastic device, and I cannot wait for the next incarnation of HTC's Sense ROM.

Guest FutureDirt

1. works fine on mine?!!? the first thing i did with my device is setup activesync with my exchange server and schedule it to manual.

2. never had this either.

3. dont use groups so havent tried this.

4. ive never experienced this either.

5. there is a fix for this... check xda forums.

6. battery life isnt poor... just not as good as other devices such as the i900 from samsung which had the best battery life ive ever seen in any pda.

Agreed that switching off 3G does give you much more juice. I Use WMLongLife to control the switching on my Leo.

7. havent experienced this.

8. file explorer does this. thats about as integrated as it gets!

9. lol... yeah marketplace isnt that great. i think access to it is region specific also so different apps depending on which region you belong to... not good.

10. its ok. i only use facebook for linking pictures to my contacts though so i dont use the app much.

"SPBMobile Shell does not integrate at all with HTC messages ( threaded ) , you have to view in the old fashioned single message view."

Agreed that SPBSHELL or HTC Sense or something else Needs Fixing.

This is a real issue with messaging. Within SPB Shell I cant open received messages using htc messages if there is a picture attached to the contact.

"SPBMobile Shell 3d Accelerator does not work, so dont enable it. The GUI might look better but you will loose functionality"

Agreed ... The 3D Shell looks great but doesnt function correctly.

"SPBMobile Shell & 3rd party switching tools to swap between the Shell and 'Today' Screen donot operate correctly"

I was actually trying to find a third party tool to switch between today and Spb Shell. I guess i wont bother now. What i would really like to do is switch between Spb and Today using the home key.

Unfortunately i cant find any tools, third party or otherwise that will allow me to map hardware key functionality. The built in button mapper only has lond press send key listed due to reg key fix i found.

"SPBMobile Shell (3.6) & HTC Sense will co-exist to some degree, though post install of SPB Shell you will have to add HTC Sense to the Today item list, and

the hardware keeys will allways be mapped to HTC."

I have Spb Shell Mobile 3.5.1. i exit spb shell from launcher->settings->Spb mobile shell->menu->exit shell....then start sense from settings->today.

This enables me to switch between the two.

"I Swap between SPB Shell and HTC Sense using the 'SPB Home' shortcut and the Home hardware key. Not ideal but functional."

nice one... cant believe this works!

Edited by FutureDirt

Guest FutureDirt
1. Using HTC Sense you cannot set activesync Data Sync schedule for Off peak' to manual

You have every other option, ' As item arrives' up to ' Every 4 hours'

the option for 'Manual' does not exist.

you have to do this via WM original Activesync

I said this works fine on mine but you are correct... you have to do this via original WM activesync... within sense there is no manual option... bit of a cock up there by HTC if you ask me! (although it doesnt matter too much...)

One other thing i have noticed that after setting up activesync via WM, HTC sense doesnt recognise that a relationship has been setup already...

After configuring activesync via winmo you go to start->settings data services->activesync and the process of setting up an activesync connection is still available.

This makes me wonder what would happen if i tried to setup another account this way.... i may try it in future.

Edited by FutureDirt

Where exactly could I find this bugfix? I searched for hours, but there's no solution. Got the same problem with the eq.

Guest FutureDirt

Where exactly could I find this bugfix? I searched for hours, but there's no solution. Got the same problem with the eq.

Its in the first post of the first sticky of XDA forums for Leo:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583638

Tip number 25... Allow Audio Booster to stay on.

Has anyone else had an issue with the HTC Media Player?

On my HD2 the player gets stuck at the end of tracks (i..e doesn't move onto the next), I have to go into the device and skip.

Seems to be predominantly when the device is "screen off" and in my pocket.

Doesn't happen in Windows Media Player

Guest FutureDirt
I said this works fine on mine but you are correct... you have to do this via original WM activesync... within sense there is no manual option... bit of a cock up there by HTC if you ask me! (although it doesnt matter too much...)

lol... just discovered that the manual option IS vailable in the sense gui... you just have to untick the box that says sync automatically... doh!

Guest FutureDirt
Has anyone else had an issue with the HTC Media Player?

On my HD2 the player gets stuck at the end of tracks (i..e doesn't move onto the next), I have to go into the device and skip.

Seems to be predominantly when the device is "screen off" and in my pocket.

Doesn't happen in Windows Media Player

havent seen this myself... but i dont play alot of music with this device so it could just be that i havent noticed.

If it occurs for me i will post back in here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have the HD2 and I set it with 2 differents email accounts settings.

1st Account : my company settings in POP

2nd Account : my company settings in IMAP

From my computer, I send email to these accounts with attached a pdf file and on the email body, 3 inserted pictures (2photos and 1 pic into the signature)

In the POP account, I could access to the attached PDF file but I could not see the inserted pics.

In the IMAP account, I could see the inserted pics but not the attached pdf file.

This is very annoying as I will use the HD2 for business purpose, I have very often emails with photos inserted + word or pdf files attached...frown.gif

I sent the same email to IPHONE and I could get the email with all attached files and inserted pics perfectlymad.gif

On the IMAP settings, I have set download full mail and all attachments.

On the POP, download the full email.

I realized as well that if I remove the inserted pics, I can see the attached pdf file on the IMAP account.confused.gif