Need HTC Hero ROM from three.co.uk

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest jnwhiteh

I'm a three subscriber who bought my Hero off Amazon before three made it available on their network. I'm looking for an upload of the ROM so I can get Skype working on my device. Please contact me on the boards, or via this username at gmail or google talk. Thanks in advance!

I'm a three subscriber who bought my Hero off Amazon before three made it available on their network. I'm looking for an upload of the ROM so I can get Skype working on my device. Please contact me on the boards, or via this username at gmail or google talk. Thanks in advance!

3 doesn't have specific ROM. To get 3 Skype and to make Free calls just go to Market and download "Skype on 3 Beta". It's still a bit laggy and you are not able to use it with WiFi(only Mobile Network).

Regards,

afonja

• 1 month later...
3 doesn't have specific ROM. To get 3 Skype and to make Free calls just go to Market and download "Skype on 3 Beta". It's still a bit laggy and you are not able to use it with WiFi(only Mobile Network).

Regards,

afonja

See my post "skype on hero" as i was in the same position as you Three customer who bought a hero just before they brought it out on the network.

Guest pillock

Regards,

afonja

Three does have a specific RUU, same as Orange and T-Mobile.

This appears to be it...?

http://www.filestube.com/6b4beeac7d8a65de0...d-NoDriver.html

Right version number anyway.

Also remember there's the rooted version right on Modaco :)

Also remember there's the rooted version right on Modaco :)

Aye. It's at http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...t-for-gsm-hero/ and it's the top of the rooted ROMs list.

HTH, but I'd just use modaco and the app mentioned above :)

EDIT: Oh, and being a free country, should mention there's the official RUU at http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportDownload.aspx...2&dl_id=840, but your CID won't match, so a goldcard would be needed to use this...

Edited by pulser

Any reason you guys necro'd this thread? It was a request from months ago =)

:) Didn't even notice that xD. The 'new' OP (hereafter known as NOP, lol for assembler programmers!) must have done an über search :)

Guest pillock
B) Didn't even notice that xD. The 'new' OP (hereafter known as NOP, lol for assembler programmers!) must have done an über search :D

Yeah, I didn't notice either. It was just uncanny you asking for it a week or so after the H3GUK update dropped onto HTC I guess, but as I typed I had a nagging doubt that you, of all people, would know where to find that!

In my defence, Paul didn't notice either :)

Yeah, I didn't notice either. It was just uncanny you asking for it a week or so after the H3GUK update dropped onto HTC I guess, but as I typed I had a nagging doubt that you, of all people, would know where to find that!

In my defence, Paul didn't notice either :)

And, in my further defense (:D), it wasn't me that asked for it, but I can't honestly remember who it was, and I really can't be bothered to scroll ALL the way up the page, and then all the way back down to write the name in here. Yet I can still be bothered to type this xD

And yeah, the timing must have just made me presume it was new, leading to the initial reply.

And, later on I looked at the date of the OP, and thought 'November', oh that's quite recent! I think I'm losing sense of time!!! Aargh B)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest one-life

Hi,

Instead of creating a new topic i think i will ask here (if that was a bad idea ...then sorry)

I bought a second hand HTC Hero, it was locked on T-Mobile. I did unlock it and signed up for a Three rolling contract (free internet etc).

Ofc, the first problem was to download Skype, i couldn't do it from Three website, coz my i have T-Mobile ROM so, quote :" Your device is not supported."

Ok, i found Skype on the market, and there was no problem, till i checked my data usage.

See, on this contract, i should have a free skype + Internet allowance. That means, whenever I'm using skype, i am not using my Internet allowance. But in my case, i am using it. After calling Three, "tech" guy told my that i NEED Three handset, and if i am using not Three branded one, i will not have free skype.

So, i think that if i get an original Three Rom, i could use Skype for free etc. Will this work or there is no other way than getting a new three handset?

If yes, where could i find three ROM?

Edited by one-life