HTC Hero Car Kit

Guest DarthOps

Guest DarthOps

Hi,

I was looking at getting a car mount for my HTC hero, the thing is I already have a flexishield skin (see here) on my hero and I don't know if the small amount of extra size it adds will stop them fititng in the following kits:

DriveSafe Car Pack For The HTC Hero

or

HTC Hero Car Upgrade Kit - CU S210

Has anyone got a similar experience using their Hero with a skin and one of the above type of kits?

Thanks,

Darthy

P.S. Does anybody know if using one of these kits automatically puts it into speakerphone mode? or will I have to answer the call and turn on the speaker?

Edited by DarthOps

Guest pr70mob

I have the same skin but have a brodit incar holder and the phone doesnt fit with the skin on. Although it takes a second to remove it so no big deal.

You may want to check the brodit holders though as theyre an active holder so you just slot in your phone and it charges automatically. They are also very well made so a bit more expensive. I have heard reports of the cheap ones breaking after a few uses.

I`ll check if the phone switches to speaker, only just got it so havent tried myself.

Paul

Guest DarthOps
I have the same skin but have a brodit incar holder and the phone doesnt fit with the skin on. Although it takes a second to remove it so no big deal.

You may want to check the brodit holders though as theyre an active holder so you just slot in your phone and it charges automatically. They are also very well made so a bit more expensive. I have heard reports of the cheap ones breaking after a few uses.

I`ll check if the phone switches to speaker, only just got it so havent tried myself.

Paul

Thanks very much for the info, it looks like all of the custom made holders just do not take any type of case/skin.

The one thing that is bothering me is that I cant find a way for the phone to automatically answer using the speaker when in a holder, I have to answer the call then press menu and select speaker on, which is a pain and probably dangerous while driving!

Anybody have a solution?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest cole1434

I added a character by applying the animal skin to my htc hero. It protects my htc from scratches and

everyday wear and tear and it gives a very different look also. I just loved it.

Htc hero skins

Edited by cole1434