How much RAM

Guest giabbe1

Guest giabbe1

I know it may sound silly but I found very different information about this. Can anybody in this forum tell me how much RAM the pulse has?

I was considering about buying one but to me it feels like buying a device that is already "old" in the sense that it has more or less the same processor and ram that the iphone 1st gen had 2 years ago.

On the other hand I can see that the price is amazing!!!

What do you owners think?

I know it may sound silly but I found very different information about this. Can anybody in this forum tell me how much RAM the pulse has?

I was considering about buying one but to me it feels like buying a device that is already "old" in the sense that it has more or less the same processor and ram that the iphone 1st gen had 2 years ago.

On the other hand I can see that the price is amazing!!!

What do you owners think?

I believe that it has 256Mb ROM, and 192Mb RAM.

Its not too much of an issue as with custom roms you can store apps on an SD card giving you something that the iphone doesnt have, expandable storage!

Guest giabbe1

Well, that is not true: in the iPhone there is the possibility to install the application in the data partition as well.

But is there anybody who can give me a precise figure for the amount of RAM in the Pulse?

Even in this forum I have seen posts saying 256mb and others saying 196mb.

And what about the upgradeability of the phone to newer versions of Android? Aren't the specs a little bit too low to support the future versions of Android?

Guest niko1986
Well, that is not true: in the iPhone there is the possibility to install the application in the data partition as well.

But is there anybody who can give me a precise figure for the amount of RAM in the Pulse?

Even in this forum I have seen posts saying 256mb and others saying 196mb.

And what about the upgradeability of the phone to newer versions of Android? Aren't the specs a little bit too low to support the future versions of Android?

Its a cheap phone, even an older IPhone probably costs more than this on a PAYG deal

It does have 256Mb ROM, and 192Mb RAM.

nope there fine for 2.0 however it's just a waiting game how... either MoDaCo will get a 2.0 rom out before huawei or huawei will make one for a newer phone which is easy to move on the pulse :( well if the devs have time.

Its a cheap phone, even an older IPhone probably costs more than this on a PAYG deal

I had the iphone 2 years ago when it was "£169" on contract but back in the day, they would let u buy the phone in store and then it would need to be activated when you sign up to the contract in itunes :D

hmmmm but hacking meant = activated with no contract.

Now the cheapest pay-and-go iphone is £340 compared to the pulse's £137, I would defo go for the pulse..

btw got tooo bored with iphone even with jailbreak :D :D

and I don't think it's out of date , it has A-GPS and a compass like the 3GS remember ...... ;)

Edited by phucte

Well, that is not true: in the iPhone there is the possibility to install the application in the data partition as well. - True, but a MicroSD card is easy to expand the storage out.

Even in this forum I have seen posts saying 256mb and others saying 196mb. - Yup, see my post above.

And what about the upgradeability of the phone to newer versions of Android? - Yup, the G1 which is similar (in some ways lower) can run 1.6 and 2.0 (currently a work in progress).

Aren't the specs a little bit too low to support the future versions of Android? - Well the CPU and rest of the specs arent far off the Hero, and that has a Android 2.1 ROM coming soon.

True its a budget phone, but it packs a big punch for very very little money.