09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest deadphill

I reckon the bake icon should be replaced for a picture of Delia for a laugh! Or the android logo with a rolling pin in its hand!!

Nice work though Paul. Cant wait to get to the stage extra stuff can be included.

Cheers

Phill

Google Maps can be downloaded here, which then needs to be transfered to your phone to be installed.

The Titanium Backup, as mentioned in the previous post, can be downloaded straight from the market

Thank you very much, just made my day! Just to be sure do I just copy this google maps apk file straight to the sd card or to a specific folder within the sd card?

Th

Guest llaszlo

I create new calendar event on my Pulse. If I sync with gmail account, this event not syncing to gmail calendar.

Why not?

If I try sync my contacts this process go to FORCE CLOSE.

MCR 1.7.

Edited by llaszlo

Guest robot1000
Thank you very much, just made my day! Just to be sure do I just copy this google maps apk file straight to the sd card or to a specific folder within the sd card?

Th

You can copy it to anywhere on the SD Card. Best place would be to put it in the root so you can find it easily and I think once it's installed you can remove that file from the phone.

Edited by robot1000

Guest stevesamuel

Excellent, just flashed custom rom and its all working fine so far. Thanks for all the work, took me a couple of attempts to get it working but reading through every ones post really helped.

:) Steve

Guest Simon Brown

Just became an ad-free member to thank you for your hard work chap. Just baking an MCCR without RoadSync now :)

Edited by Simon Brown

Guest robot1000
Im new to this but if I install this and I want to revert to the old Tmobile version how can I do this?

Just go to Settings and update the December firmware

Guest Blake Loring

Is there any way to make sure the EXT partition unmounts properly before mounting for file transfers to your SD card? Its driving me crazy, every time I copy files over to my SD card I have to restart, repeat SD:EXT and restart again.

Just 'upgraded' my Pulse to the vanilla ROM and have to say a big well done to Paul. Great ROM and significantly faster than the stock experience.

Couple of small glitches to report - when using the dialler you get what I assume is the default Android dialler with circular buttons but when using the dial pad incall you get the previous square-buttoned one which came with stock T-Mobile. Also "Data Counter Widget" does not collect Wifi data with this ROM but I can live without that.

Edited by Daz555

Guest niko1986

A number of people are using Launcher 17 or something from XDA, wonder if the original developer and if you could paul allow the default launcher to be replaced as an option. Generally you have to replace the launcher file yourself in adb ... just an idea :)

Considering signing up for this. Is there an option to have an uncustomised kernel version like, the bare minimum it would run on with it all still functioning? It would be useful for developers instead of me having to download the whole source and compile from scratch.

Guest demusss

Is anyone else experiencing random reboots with the 1.7 rom?

Was running co pilot the ther other day and the phone just rebooted itself.

Today I exited out of the browser and it rebooted.

I've had other reboots aswell whilst exiting out of other programs.

I've did a wipe and format before installing 1.7 so there's nothing there from a previous rom.

I have had only one random reboot. I wasn't even doing anything, the phone was locked and I saw the screen change from the screen unlock to the t-mobile loading animation one.

Is there any way to make sure the EXT partition unmounts properly before mounting for file transfers to your SD card? Its driving me crazy, every time I copy files over to my SD card I have to restart, repeat SD:EXT and restart again.

Same problem here... Please give some advice, how to get around this!

Thanks!

I have to give a vote for Launcher17 too. Its not just a HTC style, it has folders, easy uninstall, etc.

I would also like to request that the HTC IME keyboard be added if at all possible, the best keyboard out for those of us with bigger fingers.

Guest david_dawkins

I would also like to request that the HTC IME keyboard be added if at all possible, the best keyboard out for those of us with bigger fingers.

Another vote for "HTC IME TouchInput" please, and the "Clicker" app that accompanies it for calibration.

I also use:

- chompSMS

- Advanced Task Killer

- Weather Widgets

- WiFi OnOff

A number of people are using Launcher 17 or something from XDA, wonder if the original developer and if you could paul allow the default launcher to be replaced as an option. Generally you have to replace the launcher file yourself in adb ... just an idea :)

I would like this tooooooo pls ... :)

Could you make it a tick box or something :)

I have also had one random reboot using 1.7. I was just checking SMS when the phone rebooted. I then had to reboot the phone again to fix the SD partitions.