09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest h3dshot
There is a bug in this rom:

When listening to music though your headset, if you get a notification the music will begin to play out of the speaker with the notification. Both music + notification should be routed to the headset.

yea i get this too. also i get raped by my teachers when in lesson and i forget to turn off my music then all of a sudden a big outburst rofl

to add, this happens wen u got ur headphones in and then u get a notification while ur listening to music, it might just be with head phones in all the time but im not sure, and the sound comes through the phones speaker instead of through the headphone:D

also was wondering if any1 knows a way to make the phone louder? maxed out volume is still quiet!;) thanks

hello,

first of all sorry for my english :-)

i've loaded this awesome rom to my pulse, reinstalled the apps to the sd, it worked fine. after a few hours i wanted to install an ebook reader (from the market) but it told me "installation unsuccesfull".

I read a couple of solutions here (wipe sd, partition rules, reinstall rom, repair ext2, upgrade ext2 to ext3, etc), i've always done everything, but the problem is still standing. the installation works for a few hours, but after i have to go to the recovery menu and make a repair again.

is there any other solution for this problem?

s

Guest Nikki Locke
hello,

first of all sorry for my english :-)

i've loaded this awesome rom to my pulse, reinstalled the apps to the sd, it worked fine. after a few hours i wanted to install an ebook reader (from the market) but it told me "installation unsuccesfull".

I read a couple of solutions here (wipe sd, partition rules, reinstall rom, repair ext2, upgrade ext2 to ext3, etc), i've always done everything, but the problem is still standing. the installation works for a few hours, but after i have to go to the recovery menu and make a repair again.

is there any other solution for this problem?

s

I had similar problems, and some crashes. I wiped and reinstalled, but with no ext partition on the sd card. Although i now have less space for applications, I have enough for my needs, and the phone is more reliable.

I had similar problems, and some crashes. I wiped and reinstalled, but with no ext partition on the sd card. Although i now have less space for applications, I have enough for my needs, and the phone is more reliable.

but the point would be to install without storage problems...

i hope, the eclair will solve this problem :-)

s

Guest Nikki Locke
but the point would be to install without storage problems...

i hope, the eclair will solve this problem :-)

s

As far as I can see the whole concept of storing your applications on a filesystem you intend to unmount while those applications are running is fatally flawed. Unless applications are all completely loaded into RAM on startup, they are going to need access to the filesystem all the time. Putting the dalvik cache (which is written to) just makes it worse, as unmounting while there is an open modified file will usually mark the filesystem as corrupt.

Guest lankyfatrick

the problem i have been getting ever since the switch from 1.7 t-mobile to 1.7 vanilla is that when i receive an sms (notification for chompSMS) is that it is the same alert as my ringtone and it will continue indefinitely until i open the text.

anyone encountered this bug?

any ideas?

Paul, can i send you the system.img from my Huawei U8230 / RBM2? Then you can see if the superboot or the custom rom is also working on it?

Why not just backup with the recovery image / nandroid then try yourself? ;)

P

Can i also try superboot? Without breaking my phone?

Glycerin

As long as you have an ADB connection then you can reflash, as far as I understand.

All of your data's at risk, but the phone itself is quite resistant to being really unrecoverably badword up. (again, as far as I know ;) )

Can i also try superboot? Without breaking my phone?

Glycerin

the stock phones don't have a recovery image installed...so you can't break much by adding one...from the recovery image you can do a nandroid backup to restore in the future...and you can even erase the recovery image after doing a nandroid restore to make your phone 'stock' again.

Guest Glycerin
the stock phones don't have a recovery image installed...so you can't break much by adding one...from the recovery image you can do a nandroid backup to restore in the future...and you can even erase the recovery image after doing a nandroid restore to make your phone 'stock' again.

The recovery image was installed on my phone... and i've done a nandroid backup! How can i erase the recovery image from my phone? And can i boot into the recovery image by pressing different buttons or only by adb?

pls help me gusy:( i've tried to install this rom.. it was okey till "writing BOOT..." then "Install aborted" was written. What should i do now?

Edited by 1458

The recovery image was installed on my phone... and i've done a nandroid backup! How can i erase the recovery image from my phone? And can i boot into the recovery image by pressing different buttons or only by adb?

if you have the dec. update then the menu+red keys will get you into recovery.

to erase the recovery img boot into fastboot and:

$ fastboot erase recovery

Guest bounty123
Did anybody try to install the HTC Keyboard on the 1.7MCR?

Why does it not work on my device?!

I'm using it with 1.7 vanilla. Maybe you're trying to install the donut version.

The online kitchen is now included in the main topic, and the wavesecure and titanium mobile components of the kitchen have been updated to the latest versions.

P

Guest robot1000
The online kitchen is now included in the main topic, and the wavesecure and titanium mobile components of the kitchen have been updated to the latest versions.

P

kl

btw. How you getting along with that new ROM that was released last week. Are you going to be able to use that as base for the custom ROM?

Guest lankyfatrick
the problem i have been getting ever since the switch from 1.7 t-mobile to 1.7 vanilla is that when i receive an sms (notification for chompSMS) is that it is the same alert as my ringtone and it will continue indefinitely until i open the text.

any ideas?

just to let you know, the wipe just made chomp sms act up a little but it's all sorted now!

thanks for the roms paul. they're top notch.

Guest lankyfatrick

any ideas?

just to let you know, the wipe just made chomp sms act up a little but it's all sorted now!

Guest lankyfatrick

any ideas?

Guest lankyfatrick

now can anyone tell me how I can delete these multiple posts.

one of the things that I don't like about mobile browsing, dodgy connections and multiple posts.

Edited by lankyfatrick

Guest Glycerin

Ok, i tested... when i install the customrom the phone depends at the android writing. :D

when i install superboot the touch have no function. the keys have function... :(

Thank goodness the nandroid-backup is working!

Any ideas to get a customrom working on my device? is it possible to make a u8230 custom rom with root access without adapting the pulse settings?

Sorry for my bad english ;)