Expired: T-Mobile site showing Pulse for £91.34 until 18.00 tonight

Guest hecatae

Guest David Mc0

I got the five day email too, but that's cool as my I-smartsim (Which cost under £3 delivered!) won't arrive for 5 days either & I want to use it with Vodafone for now. Also I'll have some time to learn about all this Android rooting tootin' malarkey before it arrives, as I'm used to windows mobile!

Looking forward to it arriving though - can't believe the bargain this was at £91 + £10 for top-up!

Oh, and this is off topic, but didn't want to start a thread; does anyone know the chances of getting HTC Sense to work on this device?

Got him today from my UK co-worker (he did got him last Friday). Looks good. also found out they did not put the £10 on it so it cost me only £91,33! So a phone call was in this case better then order online...

The only issue is my Dutch T-Mobile SIM card does not work (so it is realy UK T-Mobile lock)

If I put a other ROM in would that not get it work with my Dutch SIM Card? Or need to still unlock it? But ok for that is a nice discount form this forum..

Guest andymac007

Just rang T-mobile on 08454122412.

They said that they had just go a shipment of Pulses an hour ago. He put my order through immedately and got my delivery conformation email through. He said there were a back log orders for this phone but could allocate me one immediately.

Ordered my pulse after 6pm last thursday but still got it at £91.

Hope this helps someone!

I've had confirmation mine has shipped! :D

P

Snap. Mine is still going under the tree though! Hopefully by the time I open it the ROM developments will have advanced apace.

I've not got the dispatch email yet :( But don't despair if you too are sans email, gave them a ring and was told that it should be processed by tomorrow lunch time and delivered by Thursday :D Probably best for me as i have a report to do for Thursday so the urge to Pulsemod might have got in the way of that effort!

Guest wimpydragon

After being absent from these forums for a while (moved to Symbian for a while), I'm dropping back in with my new Pulse that's just turned up. Nice to see this place is still as friendly and helpful as always :-)

I'll no doubt be popping back on for advice on rooting and upgrading soon but for now I just thought I'd say hello :-)

Guest le_lutin
After being absent from these forums for a while (moved to Symbian for a while), I'm dropping back in with my new Pulse that's just turned up. Nice to see this place is still as friendly and helpful as always :-)

I'll no doubt be popping back on for advice on rooting and upgrading soon but for now I just thought I'd say hello :-)

What symbian device did you have as a matter of interest and how does it compare to the Pulse?

What symbian device did you have as a matter of interest and how does it compare to the Pulse?

I too decided to try Symbian for a bit after owning a stream of Windows phones from the E100 (remember that?!?!) through to the Vario II. I thought that since I only really use my phone to phone 2 people then trying a more 'consumer' oriented phone would be a good idea. Wrong. The N82 I had, a premium Symbian phone when released, was slow, buggy and increasingly crash prone despite me not installing anything on it. Even dialling numbers was a pain - no T9 when dialling contacts (see separate thread). Don't have my hands on the Pulse yet but I hope it is better than the terrible arse that was the N82. The ONLY good thing about it was the ease with which I could connect it to my laptop via Bluetooth for syncing - miles ahead of any Activesync/Mobile Device Centre faff that I have had to do.

Guest kristijan_mk
I too decided to try Symbian for a bit after owning a stream of Windows phones from the E100 (remember that?!?!) through to the Vario II. I thought that since I only really use my phone to phone 2 people then trying a more 'consumer' oriented phone would be a good idea. Wrong. The N82 I had, a premium Symbian phone when released, was slow, buggy and increasingly crash prone despite me not installing anything on it. Even dialling numbers was a pain - no T9 when dialling contacts (see separate thread). Don't have my hands on the Pulse yet but I hope it is better than the terrible arse that was the N82. The ONLY good thing about it was the ease with which I could connect it to my laptop via Bluetooth for syncing - miles ahead of any Activesync/Mobile Device Centre faff that I have had to do.

If you use your phone only for calling other people, than N82 is way better than Pulse. As an owner of both devices I can tell you that the advantages of Pulse are Android (and all its possibility) and fancy touchscreen. But if calls and especially camera quality matters to you, then N82 is much better phone.

I hated the fact you can't do anything on Symbian without seemingly having to pay about $20 for it (although joikuspot was cool), no T9 for dialling, the painfully slow OS and the fact that when I did want to write a message, either text or email, I had to rely on a keypad - having had QWERTY on my Vario II I need it back so I am looking forward to a software keyboard on the Pulse! Call quality wasn't that spectacular either and I had loads of instances of the phone doing weird things when trying to answer phones or moving between radio stacks. And personally I have never understood cameras on phones; when I want to make a phone call I use a phone and when I want to take a picture I use a camera - I think perhaps I missed the boat on this one. See what happens I guess - the Pulse would probably need to be shockingly poor to make me go back to the N82.

Had to do a bit more phone pestering to finally get my Pulse dispatched but hopefully i'll still get it tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me! Hope all you lucky souls who got theirs today are enjoying.

Guest kristijan_mk
I hated the fact you can't do anything on Symbian without seemingly having to pay about $20 for it (although joikuspot was cool), no T9 for dialling, the painfully slow OS and the fact that when I did want to write a message, either text or email, I had to rely on a keypad - having had QWERTY on my Vario II I need it back so I am looking forward to a software keyboard on the Pulse! Call quality wasn't that spectacular either and I had loads of instances of the phone doing weird things when trying to answer phones or moving between radio stacks. And personally I have never understood cameras on phones; when I want to make a phone call I use a phone and when I want to take a picture I use a camera - I think perhaps I missed the boat on this one. See what happens I guess - the Pulse would probably need to be shockingly poor to make me go back to the N82.

you wont go back for sure ;) I agree with most of the your statements, except the call quality... N82 has really good call quality (much better than the Pulse, anyway). Cameras can't be even compared, but still even the N82 camera (one of the best in phones) is worse than any average digital camera.

But one if for sure, N82 is still the best of the ugliest phones on the market ;)

Guest le_lutin
Anyone got their Pulse yet when ordering it the other day for £91. I'm still waiting.

Plenty of people on the hotukdeals site did. 

I did too, but I wasn't there to sign for the parcel when it arrived.

Guest le_lutin
Still waiting here... and no email to say it's been dispatched.

You should ring them up if you haven't done so already. They can force the order through if there are some in stock.

Guest Alien*46*UK

To those who bought the pulse then later ordered a second phone in their offer, it's worth a phone call.

I rang them today and apparently even though I got confirmation E-Mail and the wait 5 days E-Mail, my order had somehow cancelled itself thereafter. The bloke on the phone possibly said it was down to ordering another phone (tocco lite) but wasn't sure, even started trying to blame the bank.

But never mind, few hours later after he failed to ring back I rang them again and got one ordered.

Might be worth most people just giving them a 30 second call and asking the check the order using the reference number.

Not once have I sat waiting either, oddly got through nye on instantly on both occassions.

Yup, just phoned up now and they have pushed my order through so i'll get it on friday.

I spoke to the women about the delay and she told me that they're trying to get paperwork organised for some kind of quickstart/topup instructions, so I will receive this separately now.

Basically if you want your phone ring up now and ask for it.