Expired: T-Mobile site showing Pulse for £91.34 until 18.00 tonight

Guest hecatae

Guest Mysterious Stranger

As I ordered two online in 1 transaction for pressies, I went over their "£200 fraud" indicator and had to go through some equifax sourced questions regarding my mortgage and credit history! For a PAYG phone I paid for using the 'verified by visa' system online! Still had to prove I was the cardholder verbally!

Pah! ;)

If they weren't so cheap I wouldn't have bothered. Shame I had to chase them though.

They had removed my card details from the order ( eh?) and are calling me back later as their processing systems were down at 5pm...

Other 1 on it's own turned up last week no problems.

M.S

As I ordered two online in 1 transaction for pressies, I went over their "£200 fraud" indicator and had to go through some equifax sourced questions regarding my mortgage and credit history! For a PAYG phone I paid for using the 'verified by visa' system online! Still had to prove I was the cardholder verbally!

Pah! ;)

If they weren't so cheap I wouldn't have bothered. Shame I had to chase them though.

They had removed my card details from the order ( eh?) and are calling me back later as their processing systems were down at 5pm...

Other 1 on it's own turned up last week no problems.

M.S

I had the same found my order had been canceled then after trying 2 cards they could not process the order and wanted a credit check for a payg mobile, what a farce.

After all that the T-mobile lady put the phone down on me ;)

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I had the same found my order had been canceled then after trying 2 cards they could not process the order and wanted a credit check for a payg mobile, what a farce.

After all that the T-mobile lady put the phone down on me ;)

Yeah does seem a bit odd considering I passed the verified by visa section of the payment process. The 'credit check' isn't really a credit check as such, it just proves you are the cardholder and live at that address by confirming you know your own credit details...

M.S

Guest Downloaderz
Yeah does seem a bit odd considering I passed the verified by visa section of the payment process. The 'credit check' isn't really a credit check as such, it just proves you are the cardholder and live at that address by confirming you know your own credit details...

M.S

I got the same thing, but the credit check didnt pass on the phone since im an overseas student. Guy told me to go down the store to verify my details, but when I went to the store they said they couldnt do anything since they operate differently, and I have to wait for another 7 days in order to try again with the webteam. the worse part is another order with tmobile went through which was places days after this =s

Guest flash2004
Orderd mine on Tue this week for £147 Including top up (gutted I missed the cheap offer).

But phoned in yesterday lunch to get bumped up the queue, told out of stock.

Tried this morning this time stating that a friend had ordered at the same time and had item despatched, the girl said they had a backlog of orders but they are in stock and proccessed it straight away.

So get mine tommorow too ;)

Already update my Gmail contacts to include phone numbers, have been playing the the SDK to get to grips with the UI.

If you want to get the SDK (1.5 & 1.6) to work with Marketplace then follow the instructions here http://j.mp/6Js3Gw

Cheers

J

Are you using the interface of Tmobile pulse ?

Because the SDK I downloaded only offers the standard Android 1.5 emulator.

Guest flash2004

Got the pulse today finally !

Downloaded the barcode app and it doesn't work !! (Can see a red line flashing on the screen)

Looks like I got a defective phone ;)

Guest jcsbanks

Just received mine, but with average sized fingers, the on screen keyboard is very insensitive, especially with keys at the edges like backspace and enter! There is a plastic film over the screen with cutouts that are not well centered, not sure if it should be removed as unlike most films like this there is no tab and I don't want to remove the top layer of the screen. I wondered if this is making it insensitive.

Also the 1MONTHWEB to 443 says 443 is an invalid number. And it won't accept the password for either my google or yahoo accounts.

Any hints?

Guest englishpunk
Just received mine, but with average sized fingers, the on screen keyboard is very insensitive, especially with keys at the edges like backspace and enter! There is a plastic film over the screen with cutouts that are not well centered, not sure if it should be removed as unlike most films like this there is no tab and I don't want to remove the top layer of the screen. I wondered if this is making it insensitive.

Also the 1MONTHWEB to 443 says 443 is an invalid number. And it won't accept the password for either my google or yahoo accounts.

Any hints?

It should be MONTHWEB and goto 441 for 30 days unlimited internet for £5, if you want 6 months worth, it's 6MONTHWEB to 441, this is only £20, hope that helps.

not sure if it should be removed as unlike most films like this there is no tab and I don't want to remove the top layer of the screen. I wondered if this is making it insensitive.

A

Any hints?

Yeap remove the film , makes it a bit better ;)

Guest Alien*46*UK

I've just tried MONTHWEB but got no response ... How'd I know if it's worked? I want to check my balance but it seems to charge me around 25p each time I check my credit, which I've done twice justtesting the phone before realising it was eating my credit.

Just want to test everything out before I switch it to O2 ...

Guest jcsbanks

Got yahoo working by manually choosing SSL and the correct POP and SMTP. Googlemail worked after resetting the password from a PC even though the password was the same.

monthweb shows as unlimited internet when I send BA to 150 which does not incur a charge from what I can tell.

So getting there and getting better with the keypad. Browsing is quite acceptable when 3G is available (rare in Fife) or on Wifi.

Guest Alien*46*UK

Monthweb worked straight away after I signed up online to the T-Mob site ... Not sure if it was coinsidence or not, but did the trick for me.

As to balance will giveit a go. See if I get charged for that or not. Cant beleive T-Mob charge for you to ring and listen to your balance. It's has however been a looooong time since I used a PAYG card.

So long as the phone is fine, I'll stick wimme O2 contract me thinks.

Only downer so far is I have the useual barcode scanner issue having the use a light to activate it. Still on out the box Software atm though.

Like the kayboard and the screen is nice to. Seems to work better if you use it like you have thumbs the size of jupiter. Just sort of dab close and works first time on the outer edges.

Got a decent proper screen protector to from the useual manufacturer so will swap em soon and see if it makes a difference.

Guest bencoder
I've just tried MONTHWEB but got no response ... How'd I know if it's worked? I want to check my balance but it seems to charge me around 25p each time I check my credit, which I've done twice justtesting the phone before realising it was eating my credit.

Just want to test everything out before I switch it to O2 ...

How strange... how are you checking credit? "ba" to 150 ? it's free for me. and my "monthweb" to 441 got a response (but not from 441 so it didn't thread) and now on the ba text it says "unlimited internet".

Guest Jason Patel
Are you using the interface of Tmobile pulse ?

Because the SDK I downloaded only offers the standard Android 1.5 emulator.

Just the standard Android. But usefull to get the android exprience before purchase of a phone. I have flashed my Pulse now to the more standard OS, I did preffer the pulse version as more polished, but wanted to fix the barcode scanner and also the Pulse did not allow you to only sync with certain contact groups from google.

Guest flash2004
Got the pulse today finally !

Downloaded the barcode app and it doesn't work !! (Can see a red line flashing on the screen)

Looks like I got a defective phone ;)

Got it replaced today..

Cant believe that the barcode app still doesn't work on the 2nd pulse !!

I heard that this can be fixed if the libcamera.so file is replaced ? Can somebody guide me how to ? ( I somehow prefer the tmobile ROM, so would like to continue using it ;))

Edited by flash2004

Guest boradev
Got it replaced today..

Cant believe that the barcode app still doesn't work on the 2nd pulse !!

I heard that this can be fixed if the libcamera.so file is replaced ? Can somebody guide me how to ? ( I somehow prefer the tmobile ROM, so would like to continue using it ;))

The new software update from t-mobile fixed the camera issue for me. I had the same red line on a blank screen that started working with a bright light. The update has sorted it out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alien*46*UK
Does anyone think it will go back down below £100 again? I'm thinking of getting one.

Not for a while I doubt. Worth watching over January sales though ... Never know.

Guest Alibasher
Not for a while I doubt. Worth watching over January sales though ... Never know.

Thanks. I will wait untill February and if it is still £139.99 I will get it at normal price.

Guest dginuk
Holy crap! ;)

P

Hi

I think i read right, you have a Liquid, Pulse and the moto one....out of the three which one do you like? also the pulse, you thinking of selling? if so let me know

DG :)