New graphics driver patch from xda-devs speeds up TG01!

Guest columbo

Guest columbo

I thought I should let you all know that I have tried a patch for the graphics driver designed for the HTC HD2 and it seems to work on my TG01.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=592663

After installing the cab, I was able to enable the hardware acceleration for SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 which gives the carousel a lovely reflection.

HKLM/Software/Spb Software House 2/Spb Mobile Shell/Gl

There is a key called GlEnabled and you should change the value from 0 to 1.

Before I installed this cab, I could enable it, but it would be really slow and would not work properly. I have no issues now.

Furthermore, I seem to have more program memory available.

Let me know if this works for you. I have WM6.5. I would strongly recommend doing a full backup before installing the cab.

Guest Medved77
I thought I should let you all know that I have tried a patch for the graphics driver designed for the HTC HD2 and it seems to work on my TG01.

After installing the cab, I was able to enable the hardware acceleration for SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 which gives the carousel a lovely reflection.

Before I installed this cab, I could enable it, but it would be really slow and would not work properly. I have no issues now.

Let me know if this works for you. I have WM6.5. I would strongly recommend doing a full backup before installing the cab.

WOW! It works great, thanks for the heads up. Spent the last 10 minutes flicking my carousel in all different directions, it's so smooth now.

I really hope that TG01 users will benefit with the future development of software at xda developers for the HD2, this is a good start anyway.

Guest xdalover
WOW! It works great, thanks for the heads up. Spent the last 10 minutes flicking my carousel in all different directions, it's so smooth now.

I really hope that TG01 users will benefit with the future development of software at xda developers for the HD2, this is a good start anyway.

Didn´t work on mine :D . After modifying the register Key

carousel does a lot of lovely effects (but a bit slow). When installed the cab, Carousel button doesn´t work. I'm still on WM6.1, what about you?

Edited by xdalover

Guest die_Leuchte
Didn´t work on mine :D . After modifying the register Key

carousel does a lot of lovely effects (but a bit slow). When installed the cab, Carousel button doesn´t work. I'm still on WM6.1, what about you?

Must Upgrade to 6.5 before.

Guest nectons
Works great on some applications !

greatest !

nice to see dev interest for this Plateform.. HD2/TG01 same Snapdragon...

Hello modaco hello guys. :D

Works great on my orange 6,5 TG01. Everething is working faster now (feeling). I am wondering is the G-sensor feauture in carouzel works to anyone. I enable it and it is not working. Maybe i have to do something extra ?

Guest useyourfist
Hello modaco hello guys. :D

Works great on my orange 6,5 TG01. Everething is working faster now (feeling). I am wondering is the G-sensor feauture in carouzel works to anyone. I enable it and it is not working. Maybe i have to do something extra ?

in games for tg01 topic regarding g-sensor

On the Iphone there are racing games that require you to tilt the screen from right to left to turn ect.. Are there any games for the TG01 like this?

Short answer is No.

Slightly longer answer, No because the TG01 has a specific type of g sensor that most game don't yet support, if they ever will.

maybe why carosel is not working with g-sensor

Guest leeston2379

The plug in seems to work really well, i don't use mobile shell but it works a treat in androkkid. When i test before installation the menus were very laggy, now it is smooth and flowing.

I cant find HKLM/Software/Spb Software House 2/Spb Mobile Shell/Gl where is it?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xdalover

I've just installed WM6.5 and the first think that I've done has been testing this cab. Amazing!!!

Thank you!! Up to now, the only effect is the SPB carrousel, (useless but perfect to show to friends and ask them about...) I wonder which other apps can be improved with this graphic driver! Any idea?

Guest useyourfist
All I need now is for the keyboard to be more responsive ;)

get wvga swype keyboard its an amazing keyboard

has anyone got the gsensor working in any games experiment 13 ect by using this patch ?

• 4 weeks later...

hi all

im maybe been stupid but I cannot find

in my registry

i have enabled the software but cant find this part of registry even after doing a registry search

Any Ideas??

Guest xdalover
hi all

im maybe been stupid but I cannot find

in my registry

i have enabled the software but cant find this part of registry even after doing a registry search

Any Ideas??

DId you really update to 3.5? WM6.5 comes with former SPB Shell 3

Best Regards

Guest SteveYorks

The address starts with HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE, (HKLM is just an abbreviation)). The rest of the address is the same.

P.S. I now know what people mean when they mention the improvement to the carousel :)

Guest adzman808

i think forum rules prevent you getting help on this....

but 2 words my friend...

bit & lord :)

or just 1 word = torrent B)

got mine cracked version on the 3rd hit...

cheers

NB @Moderators, my apologies if my post is unacceptable - i haven't provided any links or access to illegal software, i've just shared the facts of the internet.

sorry in advance

Guest pocketpcfreak

Hiya ..

.just tried to install Chainfire's 3D cab on my Tg01 ..no joy despite several attempts

I always get this error messages "installation of Chainfire-HD2-3DDriver-Patch-1.1.cab was unsuccessful.."

I have been searching /trying to find a workaround but no luck

..any advice very welcome

cheers

Guest primitive_man

Odd - I have the latest Version of WM6.5 and SPB Mobile shell - the GI setting is already enabled and the Carousel effect worked perfectly when I installed SPB Mobile shell. I haven't had to mess with the Registry.

Odd - I have the latest Version of WM6.5 and SPB Mobile shell - the GI setting is already enabled and the Carousel effect worked perfectly when I installed SPB Mobile shell. I haven't had to mess with the Registry.

Is this with or without the Graphics Driver Patch installed on your TG01 ?

Is this with or without the Graphics Driver Patch installed on your TG01 ?

With the latest 6.5 Rom 3D Graphics works with MS 3.5.3 without any aditional drivers. Great look and feel!