Resetting Verizon Programing From Cricket i910 Omnia

Guest xkid

I flashed my Omnia from Verizon to Cricket 4 months ago. After playing with it for the few months that i have i am not happy with cricket service and would love to go back to verizon,.. But cant seem to get the phone to stop pointing at Cricket.

I have reflashed the phone to the recent updated rom on the verizon site. Done a hard reset

and when i press *228 it programs from cricket not verizon. Any One know how this might be done?

I flashed my Omnia from Verizon to Cricket 4 months ago. After playing with it for the few months that i have i am not happy with cricket service and would love to go back to verizon,.. But cant seem to get the phone to stop pointing at Cricket.

I have reflashed the phone to the recent updated rom on the verizon site. Done a hard reset

and when i press *228 it programs from cricket not verizon. Any One know how this might be done?

You could try to reinstall cfo3 from the verizon site ,link below.

This may help or brick you but its the officual update that verizon issued to get the i910 updated last July.

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=157996

:D :(

You could try to reinstall cfo3 from the verizon site ,link below.

This may help or brick you but its the officual update that verizon issued to get the i910 updated last July.

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=157996

:D :(

Thanks for the reply.

... didn't brick the phone, phone works great still... but still on cricket service.

Thanks for the reply.

... didn't brick the phone, phone works great still... but still on cricket service.

Let me try another guess ;)

I the past months of reading I've read where some phones have to re identified to Verizon via the phone id code .

I guess you call verizon and ask for a phone reboot (diffrent from a rom reboot)they may need the phone id number under the battery ( IME somthing)

I thought crickets were bait??? :D :(

:D :D

Let me try another guess ;)

I the past months of reading I've read where some phones have to re identified to Verizon via the phone id code .

I guess you call verizon and ask for a phone reboot (diffrent from a rom reboot)they may need the phone id number under the battery ( IME somthing)

I thought crickets were bait??? :D :(

:D :D

Well i spent an hour with verizon. we manually reprogrammed the phone updated... all went back to cricket....

is there something i must do? I mean... pull the esn from my inactive cricket account possibly?

even if that is the case my phone after all the reprogramming was still calling cricket when we *228 reprogram

• 4 months later...
Guest iiebill
Well i spent an hour with verizon. we manually reprogrammed the phone updated... all went back to cricket....

is there something i must do? I mean... pull the esn from my inactive cricket account possibly?

even if that is the case my phone after all the reprogramming was still calling cricket when we *228 reprogram

You have to use samsung pst or cdma workshop or whatever, but the point is...you need to install the VERIZON .prl file.

If you can then hit *228 and hear^**^VERIZON ...then you can activate.

Look online for a esn/meid converter.\Use the hex# under battery...A1000???? to get the long decimal number to use as a esn or pESN to give to verizon...ONLY after you can dial *228 and hear verizon programming

Edited by iiebill