[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

Guest mercury99

Dear RFD:

Thanks again for the great effort.

I would like to report the following (please pardon me if I report wrongly due to my ignorance):

1) No MMS features for this Ultra Lite?

2) The built-in IE cannot to Internet via GRPS (WiFi Ok). It says "The connection has been ended...". Tried Opera 10 Beta Ok for both GPRS & WiFi.

3) I got "ObjectDisposedException" when I quit an app.

4) Tab on the "pictures" text link of the Windows default Today item, I got "The file cannot be opened..." error alert.

Edited by mercury99

Hmm, I assume it was me who suggested you to un-install it but I guess you forgot to install/upgrade to latest SKTools version afterward!

Simply try to installing the latest SKTools and see how it goes!?

By the way, I'm using this very RDF's Ultra-Lite ROM and have all those applications that you have installed BUT "MSkip Ultimate Elegance"

Question: You said even after hardrest you can't get WiFi to work? When? Right after "Hard Reset" or after "Hard Reset+aforementioned apps installation"?

upgrading to latest sktools still made my wifi missing.

sorry for confusion, hard reset can solve the wifi problem

but, the custom icons still made the phone freezed @startup even after hard reset.

I'm also curious here : is there a safe mode or such for WM? it could be very helpful to be able to undo changes made for the OS without having to hard reset and lose all our data and settings.

Guest mottikeren
For your own sake and getting a faster response, provide more info such as stock ROM version, the last used official ROM version (probably Secany's ROM/s) for flashing, phone operator lock status!

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000ATOIJ8

PHONE: I8000XXIJ4

it happened after flashing Secany's rom L2 , phone operartor is Cellcom IL , and the phone is cim free so there is not any lock

Motti

upgrading to latest sktools still made my wifi missing.

I'm using this very same ROM & "SKTools v.4.4.7.14", I don't see why should you get WiFi issue!?

sorry for confusion, hard reset can solve the wifi problem

but, the custom icons still made the phone freezed @startup even after hard reset.

Which set/s of custom icon are you referring to? The "MSkip Ultimate Elegance" one? If yes, I'll suspect that's the one which is causing you the problem since we have the same settings and applications, ASAIK, but that SPB shell adds-on

I'm also curious here : is there a safe mode or such for WM? it could be very helpful to be able to undo changes made for the OS without having to hard reset and lose all our data and settings.

You may want to start using the "back-up" option of your SKTools more often, it could be every single time, right before installing any new application, specially those which has some sort of history in causing problem and conflicts.

I'm using this very same ROM & "SKTools v.4.4.7.14", I don't see why should you get WiFi issue!?

Which set/s of custom icon are you referring to? The "MSkip Ultimate Elegance" one? If yes, I'll suspect that's the one which is causing you the problem since we have the same settings and applications, ASAIK, but that SPB shell adds-on

You may want to start using the "back-up" option of your SKTools more often, it could be every single time, right before installing any new application, specially those which has some sort of history in causing problem and conflicts.

7.14 gave me no wifi

and the notification icons are not from MSkip, that's for SPB shell which I currently don't use.

arrrgh I figured out what made my phone freezed @startup :

it's the orientation detection auto start that made it freezed...

don't know whether this is because of the ROM or the program itself...but I'll report on that thread too...

arrrgh I figured out what made my phone freezed @startup :

it's the orientation detection auto start that made it freezed...

don't know whether this is because of the ROM or the program itself...but I'll report on that thread too...

I'd say that's the one since I had the same problem when I installed it, few weeks ago, however it has its own exclusion application list that let you to add those applications which you don't like to use the "orientation detection" function. If you had mentioned the complete list of your installed apps earlier, I/we could come up with an answer, a bit faster!

Guest mercury99
Excelent!. If it's possible in the near future ROM's, you can change the bundled Adobe Reader LE (with NO Search option), with the version I use.

Adobe_Reader_2.5_LE_with_SEARCH.cab (2.12 MB)

Install in My Storage, for Main Storage saving. ;)

Question RodrifoFD. Please tell me if you consider a Spanish release in your plans.

Thanks for sharing the cab. It is a better version compared to the one that comes with this ROM. It has the "Reflow" option.

Guest mercury99
I fail to see why we should overclock this phone

a suggestion for the ultra lite 2

1. remove live messenger

2. remove windows live

3. bring back large indicator

4. bring back samsung qwerty keyboard, or will be better if you can provide a keyboard with d-pad

5. perhaps bring back samsung picture browser -perhaps too big though-

Remove Adobe LE. This built in version has not search and reflow functions.

Guest ZeroXtreme

@RODRIGOFD: Thank you for making this rom, exactly what I was looking for, clean, fast, light and stable.

This ROM just plain ROCKS!!!

I just wanted to inquire if you know which settings or program makes the large buttons come out when you tap the taskbar on top, the one where all the wireless, bluetooth and other option buttons come out. Thats maybe one of the useful things I miss from the official ROMs and would want to put it back.

Again, thanbk you for your hard work, it is greatly appreciated.

I'd say that's the one since I had the same problem when I installed it, few weeks ago, however it has its own exclusion application list that let you to add those applications which you don't like to use the "orientation detection" function. If you had mentioned the complete list of your installed apps earlier, I/we could come up with an answer, a bit faster!

;) seems like even mortscript freezes my phone! did u also have trouble with mortscript?

;) seems like even mortscript freezes my phone! did u also have trouble with mortscript?

I prefer SKTools to mortscript, I haven't tried it lately or with current setting to see possible conflicts

Guest eduuuuu

this is just amazing.

best rom so far!

all the other roms to i8000 are not so great as this... contents included and limitations to universal user... sorry rest of the folks, but rodrigo has the credits!

I had i900, and Roms, always full of major bugs and unnecessary contents...

this rom is perfect. thank you so much. I won't change this soon.

the bugs in this one, are so minor, that unnoticeable... and perfectly possible to live with it.

I have installes some samsung cabs from IL2 (the ROm I 've flashed) - and it's perfect!!!

Just one thing... I missed, Samsung Messaging Thread Software (I liked that) - and still could not find it's cab.... anyone?

I will definitely donate for this one. and I think user should do the same, if liked it so much as I did.

We (newbies downloaders) have to recognize this kind of work

Thank you again.

Edu from Brazil.

Guest rodrigofd
Hey, is there a chance that the language-switching feature will ever work with your ROM?

Tanks for the answer

Sorry but no.. Custom ROMs must be cooked in a very complex and different way, which i won't, simply because it is too costly and not worh it.. sorry

Guest rodrigofd
could you list what has changed?

Basically , it is a re-done of my original Ultra Lite ROM... It uses LATEST stock ROM as base (i can't specify because of poster request), i fixed all bugs related to previous version..

It has about 88MB of free ram on boot, it's fast and stable :)

Guest redzone321
Basically , it is a re-done of my original Ultra Lite ROM... It uses LATEST stock ROM as base (i can't specify because of poster request), i fixed all bugs related to previous version..

It has about 88MB of free ram on boot, it's fast and stable :)

thanks!

Yes, my first ROM done. The trick for me was to leave to phone on, click on detect, (nothing happens), power off phone...

ps.

I can still remove this pda? correct? by hard-resetting the device ....