[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

Not bad at all. So far SPB Time did not wake me up this mortning, OK with Opera 10. :-) :-)

Just a real quick question how did you download it I try the link and it donwnloads the news page. What to do?

Guest johnny773

Using this ROM was great, performance was excellent, installed TF3D 1.3 & all patches (which also happened to include the Samsung clock & calander http://www.modaco.com/content-page/295162/...lo3d/page/240/) Thanks to tom131274.

Just some additional info incase anyone else tries this...

I went & applied the albumsearch fix from whiskeybro, thought I'd try & install Samsung album from KSTAN's thread ( http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ia-ii-apps-cab/ ), unfortunatly this did not work, I went & copied original photo album files from http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...act-i8000xxig1/ which fixed the problem.

But after a reboot it was stuck on startup & couldn't get into the phone anymore... Also it displays an error about Samsung download status unable to load when flashing with OCTANS again, so need to flash CSC to get download status when flashing phone...

Just a real quick question how did you download it I try the link and it donwnloads the news page. What to do?

Just got it to download finally. But thank You verry much can´t wait to try it out

Guest monyozt
But after a reboot it was stuck on startup & couldn't get into the phone anymore... Also it displays an error about Samsung download status unable to load when flashing with OCTANS again, so need to flash CSC to get download status when flashing phone...

just hardreset your phone....

Guest johnny773
just hardreset your phone....

Yep, thanks I got around this issue yesterday by tracking down the hardware keys to press for hard resetting the phone. All is working now.

Guest B-2 Spirit of Arizona
been using the rom for a day and i think its pretty close to wat i really want. just a suggestion.. maybe can remove msn live msn weather msn money .. streaming player.. and all the gamesi am using titaium with the extra plugins installed and i still have 78mb ram.. usually with offiical k5 rom .. will have 60mb of ram only. it does make a significant difference with extra 10mb to 20mb of extra ram.thanks a lot for your hard work!

may i know how to flash the rom for Omnia 2?

may i know how to flash the rom for Omnia 2?

Please read through the whole FAQs before asking such questions. It has been answered many times. Why wont people listen

Guest monyozt

anyone have problem with time in message(see my screenshoot) it has 3hours earlier that present time

2nd, anyone try enable "home" in titanium?? im trying using Chome editor but no luck.. try to manual edit from CHome editor, but i got this error message

post-497070-1259984729_thumb.jpg

post-497070-1259984756_thumb.png

Edited by monyozt

Finally I had the chance to touch your sexy, naked ROM and so far it seems and acts faster and much smoother than original IK5, my FREE RAM is about 91.67MB, without single application installed, exactly right after flash., monitored it for 15 hours, it just lost/leaked ~1MB of memory (without touching the device) while in original, at the same state, I was loosing about 3MB or so.

Then started navigating around settings and windows and after 20 minutes and right after closing all running applications, my lost was about 2MB of RAM in total while in original it was about 8MB to 12MB.

Battery life is as good and long lasting as the original IK5 but since in the ULTRA-LITE version, the CPU performance was set to high by default, I lost 2% battery after 15 hours while on original IK5, CPU was set on Auto mode, I had my 100% battery after 12 hours.

Booting time, consumed time from the moment you touch the power button till Today page is done with loading, in Original IK5 was about 55 seconds or more while in this NAKED ROM you just have to wait about 27seconds or so.

More report/s to come plus your BEERs :D

Thanks a lot

While ActiveSync (using 1.02MB) and SPB Screenshot (using 572KB) are running, this is my FREE RAM status for interested people who were asking how's the FREE RAM status in this ROM?

post-595541-1259987812_thumb.png

Guest markuslagan06

hi, curious here and just want to make sure.

which file/s should i use for flashing Rodrigofd o2lite?

i'm currently using secany's ik5 rom. successfuly flahsed with files "eboot, csc, movinand & phone" provided.

should i follow the same steps in secany's flashing, with all those files

and adding the "pda" file of Rodrigofd?

or just the RFD_O2LITE.nb0 by rogifold, nothing else.

please help. thanks.

RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.091203

-------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY!!!! ( while waiting the download :D )

-------------------------------------------------------

This is my first contribution to custom ROM world.

I designed an Ultra-Lite Omnia 2 I8000 custom ROM for free use.

First of all, acknowledgements and thanks.

---------

Weisun/Acwan @ PDAClan for his tools and tech info about unpacking & packing I8000 ROMs

Secany for his great Offical ROMs contribution which are the base of my work

Bepe, Pako777 for his handy cooking tools

Lancez,Kstan,Wilson @ China, Tacchan23 for his translation and experimenting contribution

Khuanchai for his talent, contribution and effort in cooking ROMs

Ginkage for his great OpenGL v1 wrapper

Sorg for his handy ROM dumping tool

And myself for my time and perseverance :D

A HUGE THANKS to all the friends that already donated me even before receiving anything:

[ Lance Zhang, Charles Edgar, Albert Chng, Roger Meijer, Alan Smith,

Clarel Savournaden, Michal Vogl, Monyozt, Gertitombo, Rick Collins, auras76, Gary Crutcher ]

Very grateful to you for supporting my work!

NOTES ( PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ)

1) I release this beta version ROM release 'as-is', there is NONE garantee that any, or none, of phone functions will work after flashing this ROM.

It is only the PDA part of ROM to be flashed, so no risks of bricking phone should exist. Even so, i won't be responsible for any loss of data or phone damage.

I tested it and worked fine up to where i reached, but i am not sure 100% functions work correctly

1) ;) In theory it MIGHT work in american I8000L, as it have been written that secanys roms work fine with such phones. Sorg reported it too. But again, i don't guarantee it at all.. Try it at your own risk.

2) Though is only PDA part, i 'recommend' using it in conjunction with phone part IK3 (comes with IK5 official ROM)

FOR BETTER RESULTS, check 'ERASE CSC DATA' in OCTANS FLASHER. (i believe SORG's version Octans Mini doesn't have the option).

If you don't, some stuff won't apply correctly (e.g. wallpaper, connections)

2) ROM is based on official WM 6.5 I8000XXIK5 ROM. WM build didn't change for now, so it is the same as original ROM, build 5.2.21872.

3) I ripped almost ALL SAMSUNG SOFTWARE. So i'll just note what i actually left:

Samsung Camera App

Samsung FM Radio App

Samsung Touch Player

Arcsoft Streaming Player (includes video and audio codecs)

The rest is gone :(

I cooked in:

Windows Live latest version (the one from windows marketplace)... including Messenger

Removed CAB setup security check

Microsoft SDK Certs

Ginkage's OPENGL WRAPPER version 0.258 (hope you don't mind!)

NET Compact Framework 3.5

HTC LEO WM 6.5 theme with wallpaper (this can be easily replaced with the one you like)

SRS WOW HD

This is the first release so expect some bugs. All bug reports are welcome, but remind 'report' is not the same as 'complain' ;) .

RodrigoFD LEO-2 Fusion alpha version coming tomorrow ! :D

----> DOWNLOAD NOW RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.091203 <----

PD ROM is hosted in Modaco servers, and mirrors won't ever work. Do not paste the link outside Modaco (it wont work anyway)...

NOTE: do NOT use LANGUAGE CHANGE feature of the 'Samsung Settings' applet... if you do so, you'll make a mess, probably restore your previous flashed rom, in that language, and my rom will get ripped off.. Language change is not supported in my roms, you are stuck with english language for now..

While ActiveSync (using 1.02MB) and SPB Screenshot (using 572KB) are running, this is my FREE RAM status for interested people who were asking how's the FREE RAM status in this ROM?

is it still auto closing apps on low RAM?

and can anybody comment on why it's still only 140MB total available for windows? we must sue samsung or something if it's really like that.

Guest Gary Crutcher

What's going to happen with the CSC if I check erase CSC Data in Octans?

What if I re-flash the CSC file at the same time as the 'lite" PDA?

hi, curious here and just want to make sure.

which file/s should i use for flashing Rodrigofd o2lite?

i'm currently using secany's ik5 rom. successfuly flahsed with files "eboot, csc, movinand & phone" provided.

should i follow the same steps in secany's flashing, with all those files

and adding the "pda" file of Rodrigofd?

or just the RFD_O2LITE.nb0 by rogifold, nothing else.

please help. thanks.

That's sounds right already, simply open the Octan, select the provided "pda.new.nb0" as your PDA file and have the "Erase CSC" box checked and the rest are the same, the rest are just the same as any other flashinf but you wont need hard-rest anymore

Guest tacchan23
What's going to happen with the CSC if I check erase CSC Data in Octans? Your CSC will be erased (for example the hard reset screen will look different as missing the nice graphic)

What if I re-flash the CSC file at the same time as the 'lite" PDA? No point in erasing the CSC in the first place if you flash it again

I am currently using this ultralite rom along with the original IK5 CSC, no problem at all (just some small differences as I posted before in this thread)

Still I haven't encountered that old issue since haven't loaded up my phone by applications to run them simultaneously, yet!

and can anybody comment on why it's still only 140MB total available for windows? we must sue samsung or something if it's really like that.

Good luck with that

Guest monyozt

auto closing apps happen if you have limited RAM(low ram). i think its enough to have 90Mb free ram. why you dont just try by your self?

Guest bluhound

@rodrigofd

Excellent ROM you have there. However, I think there is one default Samsung app which to my opinion should be left in as it is a crucial part of the phone's functionality. Samsung Dialer.

Without it, I am no longer able to send MMS as well as have video calls especially video calls.

I am able to find a third party app for MMS but none for video calls which forced me to revert back to Kuanchai's test ROM.

Will there be any plans to either insert the dialer back in or maybe a cab file for it? :D

RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.091203

A HUGE THANKS to all the friends that already donated me even before receiving anything:

[ Lance Zhang, Charles Edgar, Albert Chng, Roger Meijer, Alan Smith,

Clarel Savournaden, Michal Vogl, Monyozt, Gertitombo, Rick Collins, auras76, Gary Crutcher ]

Very grateful to you for supporting my work!

As I promised, here are few more beers for you to make you drunk enough so you might STOP touching these ROMs, haha…Thanks to you and whoever else who have been involved in this project, I hope still you are holding your mug! Here you go, just present this at information desk ---> 9WN73567CX428432D

By the way, beers for your HD2-LO2 ROM is on the way too :( :D

Guest markuslagan06

thanks. i'll try that later.

running in win7 (64x) here. still have to downgrade my os to xp(86x). good thing i have image backup for it. can it be done with my current OS, by the way?

another thing, wat will happen if my omnia2 crash upon flashing and screw up. can i fix it by flashing again, will that work?

That's sounds right already, simply open the Octan, select the provided "pda.new.nb0" as your PDA file and have the "Erase CSC" box checked and the rest are the same, the rest are just the same as any other flashinf but you wont need hard-rest anymore

Guest Gary Crutcher

OK...I have flashed with the new "lite" ROM per instructions on page 1.

But...I am consistantly having the same error: if my phone is powered off

and I have it connected to my computer then turn the phone on, I get

spb mobile.exe error messages and shell32.exe error messages. If I

unplug my usb cable and power up, everything is ok.

Anyone experiencing this?

BTW: this rom is very fast! Thanks RDG

Edited by Gary Crutcher