[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

Hi ppl this is my first time trying to flash a rom, can I just find out from you guys if after flashing is there anyway to revert back to the "default" or official samsung rom? and secondly will flashing void the warranty? thanks.

Guest B-2 Spirit of Arizona
Hi ppl this is my first time trying to flash a rom, can I just find out from you guys if after flashing is there anyway to revert back to the "default" or official samsung rom? and secondly will flashing void the warranty? thanks.

i heard for those internal guys from samsung that flashing of the rom image will void the warranty.

but anyway, i will still flash on my own i8000 because i hate the samsung thingy.. it really lagged my phone

thanks. i'll try that later.

running in win7 (64x) here. still have to downgrade my os to xp(86x). good thing i have image backup for it. can it be done with my current OS, by the way?

I guess there was a thread regarding how to flash by using Windows7 but not sure if it works for 64bit as well

another thing, wat will happen if my omnia2 crash upon flashing and screw up. can i fix it by flashing again, will that work?

Just re-flash again the PDA part, chances of bricking your phone are so low if you just perform the PDA flashing.

OK...I have flashed with the new "lite" ROM per instructions on page 1.

But...I am consistantly having the same error: if my phone is powered off

and I have it connected to my computer then turn the phone on, I get

spb mobile.exe error messages and shell32.exe error messages. If I

unplug my usb cable and power up, everything is ok.

Anyone experiencing this?

I just tested it now, everything is normal and load as usual! try to re-install your SPB MS 3.5

So uhh..

Samsung clock is gone too, meaning my phone doesn't turn on with alarm anymore.

So nobody knows which files and registry settings the samsung clock and dialer needs?

Or, is there anyway I can find out what files are required on my own...?

Guest zzzzzz54321

my SPB MS also working without any problem. no error when power up with cable connected to PC.

but the SPB MS is using like 30mb of ram after booting up for around 12hrs

when i exit the shell, the ram will increase by 30mb.

when i load the shell back, it will decrease by 30mb..

Guest rodrigofd
So uhh..

Samsung clock is gone too, meaning my phone doesn't turn on with alarm anymore.

So nobody knows which files and registry settings the samsung clock and dialer needs?

Or, is there anyway I can find out what files are required on my own...?

Hey.....

I am running a bit short on time, but promise when i can, i'll upload CABs for each component removed...

Guest rodrigofd
When will the ROM-based L1? I recommend, if you make it too light, from the possibility of including programs removed later

It'd be great, but ...

1) i don't have IL1 and not sure if it can be obtained publicly..

2) New ROM means i have to do a lot of work again .. not easy

Hey.....

I am running a bit short on time, but promise when i can, i'll upload CABs for each component removed...

Thanks RFD, I'm already thankful for your ROM, that's why I'm asking around to see if I could try to solve this issue myself first. Don't wanna add to your already busy workload! :D

Hi Rodrigo,

I'm completely new in this world, so forget me please for the following questions:

- Does your cooked version work for the omnia i900??

- If so, where should a go and read on how to start flashing that ROM ??

I don't want to brick my so far beloved device...

Gracias quite in advance,

Ph.

Guest rodrigofd
Hi Rodrigo,

I'm completely new in this world, so forget me please for the following questions:

- Does your cooked version work for the omnia i900??

- If so, where should a go and read on how to start flashing that ROM ??

I don't want to brick my so far beloved device...

Gracias quite in advance,

Ph.

Hi Phoebo, sorry to teel you but ROMs of any kind are device-specific.... never flash a ROM, either official or custom, unless it states it is specifically for your phone (i900)...

Guest Faidz Jalil

Hi!

I am relatively new to this whole smartphone field and I am really interested in trying out your version of the ROM.

Since you said that you already removed all the default Samsung apps, would you please recommend me the replacement softwares for it? e.g for sms/mms since I do MMS frequently. And also the video call since I also uses that feature.

Really grateful for any help.

Regards.

Guest rodrigofd
Hi!

I am relatively new to this whole smartphone field and I am really interested in trying out your version of the ROM.

Since you said that you already removed all the default Samsung apps, would you please recommend me the replacement softwares for it? e.g for sms/mms since I do MMS frequently. And also the video call since I also uses that feature.

Really grateful for any help.

Regards.

Hi Faidz... its a little risky to try my first rom if you are completely new to smartphone world... you might get a hard time in quickly getting all you want to do done... :( but.. for MMS you could find and try Arcsoft MMS... in the case of Video call, well such feature only works with original dialer from the OEM, in this case the Samsung original dialer... i will post a CAB for it soon.. if you really depend upon such features, i dont recommend you flash my rom yet... maybe get some experience first :D

Guest dgmorland
would you please recommend me the replacement softwares for it?

Regards.

There is an entire thread devoted to recommended apps here. Either that or try websites that sell apps (eg Handango). You can usually download trial versions.

Guest rodrigofd
@ Rodrigfd

I would really like it if you answer this and its will you make this "SENCE HTC HD2 ui" for b7610 users as well.?!?!??!?

Not sure what you meant, ... if your question is , if i'll cook for B7610 users... well, when i get everything i want done in my I8000 phone, and if i still have free time, i might (i dont have that phone) , ..

that said, i assume that Ginkage opengl wrapper works fine in B7610... it is possible that HD2 stuff doesnt work in 7610, although i am pretty sure it will (ginkage said something like that, his library being compatible with various samsung smartphones including I8000 and B7610, so hopes are high) ..

after some time (week at least) after i release first I8000 version, i might release B7610 version :D that is assuming i build a proper kitchen for it

Guest rodrigofd

Hey ! iF some I8000L user was brave enough to try my ultra lite rom in his I8000L (i dont really know if it works..) could you please post feedback and comments on results? thx

Hey ! iF some I8000L user was brave enough to try my ultra lite rom in his I8000L (i dont really know if it works..) could you please post feedback and comments on results? thx

"Touchprogeek" from Canada has done it successfully on his/her i8000L O2, check it here (2nd post)

Guest arun gupta

cheers to you.

THIS IS THE REAL OMNIA i was waiting for.. clean.. and toms of free mem., gives the requied response sand speed..

and my god. screen rotation..!! wow.

fast boot too.

disabling the default today gave more 4 mb.. taking it to 94 MB.. spb shell on my mobile now....

thanks man

arun

Guest Smille123
Not sure what you meant, ... if your question is , if i'll cook for B7610 users... well, when i get everything i want done in my I8000 phone, and if i still have free time, i might (i dont have that phone) , ..

that said, i assume that Ginkage opengl wrapper works fine in B7610... it is possible that HD2 stuff doesnt work in 7610, although i am pretty sure it will (ginkage said something like that, his library being compatible with various samsung smartphones including I8000 and B7610, so hopes are high) ..

after some time (week at least) after i release first I8000 version, i might release B7610 version :D that is assuming i build a proper kitchen for it

@rodrigofd: I know you personaly are not interested, but many others, so: could we make a deal with b7610 users to share the opro-workmode-files?

Guest Faidz Jalil

Thanks a lot for the reply!

I don't consider myself really dependent on the Video Call feature but I am a frequent user of MMS.

Anyways, I will keep track of the thread and will definitely look out for the optional cabs that you are going to release.

And btw, some screenshots of comparison over the official ROM could be useful.

Thanks!

Guest willowfarru

Thanks rodrigo,secany, and the rest of cookers - modders for your hard work.

It is posible to release a 6.5.3 - 6.5.1 lite rom ?, for me it,s the best wm rom, much more frienly, stable , and as fast or more than 6.5.

Thanks