[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

For people who were asking about the auto-closing in IK5-Lite, I can confirm that's happening as soon as you've reached to "40MB>", tried many time with many different applications, in my case, on all tests, without any exeption, application got closed every time I had 40MB of Free RAM or less.

So you know now!

Guest tacchan23
For people who were asking about the auto-closing in IK5-Lite, I can confirm that's happening as soon as you've reached to "40MB>", tried many time with many different applications, in my case, on all tests, without any exeption, application got closed every time I had 40MB of Free RAM or less.

So you know now!

My experience is a bit different... I can go as low as 20mb free ram without closing application.

The applications start to close themself when I open 10 or 11 of them. The same happens if I have 50mb free ram or 20mb free ram.

The applications start to close themself when I open 10 or 11 of them. The same happens if I have 50mb free ram or 20mb free ram.

That might be the case, after reaching 10 or more, they started to close automatically but most of the time, I was around 37MB to 41MB of FREE RAM when they started, MediaPlayer alone used 15.3 MB!

Guest tacchan23
That might be the case, after reaching 10 or more, they started to close automatically but most of the time, I was around 37MB to 41MB of FREE RAM when they started, MediaPlayer alone used 15.3 MB!

If you want to test further, you could try to install some UI and today plugin (SPB mobile shell, Point UI, etc) to bring down your "free ram after boot". So it's then easier to make a test as I did:

1) open 10 very light applications (file explorers, spb screenshot, calculator, cbalendar, etc) so your free ram will be at least 50mb+

2) open 10 more heavy apps which will bring your free ram to 20m+

In both cases apps start to close themself regardless of the actual free ram.

If more people can confirm this (and I'm not doing something wrong myself) maybe we could start to understand better the autoclosing problem

Hi

will you be so kind to see howmany active processes you have before apps started to close automaticly

Regards

Excellent ROM! So fast and light, now I can feel it really has 800MHz CPU on board :D

My remarks (in order to improve the next release):

* please cook automatic configuration of connections - it was the issue #1 for me

Please provide cabs at least for Samsung Scheduler (really value added from Samsung) and Samsung Clock/Alarm

Edited by Rdy2Go

uhm i think it's been mentioned before that windows mobile "auto closes" programs that are in the background when too much memory is consumed. It's part of the OS design to do this.

Part of the reason is also because "X" doesn't close programs (it's on purpose) but bring them to the background. When there's too much programs, the oldest one will close automatically.

If you want to test further, you could try to install some UI and today plugin (SPB mobile shell, Point UI, etc) to bring down your "free ram after boot". So it's then easier to make a test as I did:

1) open 10 very light applications (file explorers, spb screenshot, calculator, cbalendar, etc) so your free ram will be at least 50mb+

2) open 10 more heavy apps which will bring your free ram to 20m+

In both cases apps start to close themself regardless of the actual free ram.

If more people can confirm this (and I'm not doing something wrong myself) maybe we could start to understand better the autoclosing problem

Yes, I do have some UI and other 3rd party apps, I tried SPB, Resco products plus some native (i.e. Media player) apps, but mixed all together

I just tried again right now, here is my screen-shots,

1: RAM after soft-reset

2: Maximum of 14 applications running

3: My free RAM after 14 running application simultaneously

post-595541-1260107965_thumb.png

post-595541-1260108001_thumb.png

post-595541-1260108130_thumb.png

Hi

will you be so kind to see howmany active processes you have before apps started to close automaticly

Regards

As you can see, I couldn't run 15 applications simultaneously, 14 was fine, regardless of their RAM consumption

As you can see, I couldn't run 15 applications simultaneously, 14 was fine, regardless of their RAM consumption

Hi

thank you

Regards

P.S.

will you be so kind to check processes not applications, tasks.

Thank you

Edited by pajaa

Guest hangman11

hey man! thanks alot for your hardwork and dedicated effort into making customized ROMS for i8000 coming true.

flashing right now and looking forward to see drastic speed improvements :D

thanks again !

EDIT: some bugs with the background changing in Samsung setttings.

any idea how to remove getting started? repeated attempt on "add/remove" doesn't works

prefer samsung threaded sms and keyboard, maybe you can upload the cab file? :(

Edited by hangman11

Hi Rod, first of all, thanks for your great work.

And before bug report, I'd praise somehow you're able to solved the "wifi disappearing" issue (http://www.modaco.com/content-page/296137/pagination/page/0/)

Here's what everyone concerns most

"x button"

"getting started" on today

cab for samsung's app. such as calendar, clock and comm mgr (I think u keep some of those, just need the registry to call them out)

You get us all a nice silver plate, time for us to choose our own diet :D

Guest hangman11

for those of u having prob with getting started, a quick fix would be using the chome editor to remove it.

cheers ;>

Edited by hangman11

Guest tony5745
First of all THANKS for your work!

Bug report (or advice request^^):

- Pictures on Today (try to open a non existing file I think)

- Samsung Setting: error msg when accessing "Items on Today" (problem has occurred with setting_t.exe)

- Operator Settings: before everything was automatically configured (wap, mms, gprs) while recognising the SIM card, any way to get it back? does it depend on CSC being erased? (I had the UK csc with a Thai SIM btw)

- After every soft reset I'm asked every time to start a newer GarminXT version installed in the Storage Card (usually this happened only the first time after flash a new rom)

- when I installed SPB mobile shell. I got it in Dutch°_°

Very nice idea:

- Renamed buttons; lateral button already assigned to Rotate Screen and Hexagon botton to launch WM start menu

- the new startup screen is a lot better

I would also take out:

Windows Live (weather, money, messanger)

Bing Search Widget

Office Mobile

i got the same problems on Operator Settings, i am a Hong Kong User, after i flash with CSC ik5, phone ik3, PDA with cooked rom. when i boot in the first time the operator setting cannot detected automatically, it works in Rom IK5.

i got the same problems on Operator Settings, i am a Hong Kong User, after i flash with CSC ik5, phone ik3, PDA with cooked rom. when i boot in the first time the operator setting cannot detected automatically, it works in Rom IK5.
folk, i experienced the same and can only manual input things to get it work. u should try the same maybe

a supplementary bug report

whenever I turn down a call (for call divert), it pops to phonebook, but not back to my last application or today (if i was doing nth)

Guest Chivas610
Sorry michal, but only english for the moment. My cooked ROMs aren't like the official ones that have the 'language change' option... you are stuck with english... which is ironic since i speak spanish, i should have cooked in spanish :( but i am so used to english that is the same to me by now, besides english would serve a much larger group of people worldwide . it amazes the diversity of people that i can reach to with my work (canadians, chinese, taiwaneses, spanish, russians, cretens even ! haha) ...

Where are u from ? which language do you want?

I don't mind using english language, but I'm wondering is there other xt9 languages? I'm using Norwegian :D

i have a big problem, i flashed my omnia and check 'ERASE CSC DATA' in OCTANS FLASHER.

when i connect my omnia (turn off) on usb then swich this error:

"No charging image. Download CSC binary."

what is this? anybody help? i can't flash diffrent ROM!

Guest rodrigofd
i have a big problem, i flashed my omnia and check 'ERASE CSC DATA' in OCTANS FLASHER.

when i connect my omnia (turn off) on usb then swich this error:

"No charging image. Download CSC binary."

what is this? anybody help? i can't flash diffrent ROM!

Don't panic, it is normal.. when you erase CSC data, you also loose the 'phone charging' animation that displays when phone is plugged but off... those are stored on CSC... it is not an error message...

you can perfectly flash any rom , but i repeat it is not an error... and you can recover it by flashing any CSC file around.

Don't panic, it is normal.. when you erase CSC data, you also loose the 'phone charging' animation that displays when phone is plugged but off... those are stored on CSC... it is not an error message...

you can perfectly flash any rom , but i repeat it is not an error... and you can recover it by flashing any CSC file around.

no I can't flashing becouse after this message nothing happened.. so i can't flashing :(

sorry it's OK :D

Edited by kozart

Guest Gary Crutcher
no I can't flashing becouse after this message nothing happened.. so i can't flashing :D

Mine does the same thing. Your phone is charging but there is not charging image

which normally shows the charging process.

You should still be able to flash your ROM if that is what you want to do. Been using

this custom ROM for a few days now with no problem.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest rodrigofd
no I can't flashing becouse after this message nothing happened.. so i can't flashing :(

sorry it's OK :D

charging image is stored in CSC part... so if you erase CSC, the main boot program doesnt find image and just displays that ugly text.. but its safe...

To flash a rom with Octans flasher, you first have to select ROM, click 'DETECT' button in Octans, and HERE you have to make your PC detect the phone as OFF by usb... so you can either: plug it to usb, when already OFF..., or turn it off, while it was already plugged...

If it was plugged AND off, and you click DETECT, the flasher won't let you update ROM... the flasher needs to get the 'notification' of a new device attached ( but, omnia2 has 'two' usb devices for the pc: one when it is on (> activesync) and another when it is off.. thats the device whose driver octans uses to flash a ROM image...

The fact of erasing CSC has nothing to do to the flashing process.