[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

I should have clarified that on original post, i'll update now thanks....

BTW did you managed to alter files inside CSC binary ? Are those images/animations in a propietary or standard format?

i didn't touch graphics in CSC, but it looks like simple RAW format suitable for O2 screen.

You may find simpliest CSC with only few additional files not related to config and use together with your ROM.

Guest gmarcoux
gmarcoux did you flash just PDA or everything? I really want to put this rom on my I8000L but really dont want an expensive paper weight.

just pda. works great that way

I still can't get the samsung clock to work..

wake when device off works, vibration works, notification works, but JUST NO ALARM SOUND!

I've looked thru untouched registries and tried eveyrthign i could find.. but still I can't find any solution. ARGH

Hi RFD,

glad to hear a lite L2 is coming soon, hope you can keep bugs of

"x button"

"get started" in today

dailer

away from it.

PS, I think you've kept "calendar" and "clock" there but just the registry divert all touches to MS one. If not to waste them, maybe a registry update can do?

PS 2, I have the threaded SMS working perfectly without any adjustment, though it's easily to mix up the thread and standard SMS UI (as plain as, but this is a LITE rom, what're you expecting?)

L2 performs good in battery,hope your lite version could make it more liter in memory(ram) usage...

keep the good job and thank you~

Edited by darkxz

Gave up sense UI,way too many problem with it,waiting for this Ultra-Lite version....

It's all matter of personal choices, what seems to be ugly for some, could be cute and interesting for others! I remember that Rodrigo was seeking for constructive report/s rather than complain, specially when it's addressed in general!

;)

It's all matter of personal choices, what seems to be ugly for some, could be cute and interesting for others! I remember that Rodrigo was seeking for constructive report/s rather than complain, specially when it's addressed in general!

;)

Yeah, I'm totally agree with you, but I didn't complain, just found out what I really need.

I do very appreciate for Rodrigo's great work! ;)

Edited by darkxz

Guest arun gupta

buddies.. cheers to this great person out there.. increasing the true value of our good phone.

i have made this page as my home page.. :-)

so i could be updated

cheers

just curious, it possible to remove all samsung settings and use the default windows instead? very curious here, wm6.1 default settings already covered all settings adequately (although not thumb friendly), so why we can't use wm6.5 default then? is it not cannot be separate from samsung settings?

just curious, it possible to remove all samsung settings and use the default windows instead? very curious here, wm6.1 default settings already covered all settings adequately (although not thumb friendly), so why we can't use wm6.5 default then? is it not cannot be separate from samsung settings?

the wm settings is not enough to cover all the phone aspects.

things like GPS xtra server, etiquette, g sensor calibration, mobile tracker and many many many things not covered in wm settings. they are IMPORTANT for the phone..

PS RFD: waiting for ultralite il2 ;)

just tried this ROM with SPB 3.5.1 and MSkip Ultimate Elegance

question

how do I make Orientation Detection works? how do I disable threaded sms in this ROM?

and where can I download the original samsung keyboard, or better, htc's keyboard + directional arrows?

I thought the CPU set to normal? but when I first open the setting it said : high???

Edited by nap_rz

Guest rodrigofd
the wm settings is not enough to cover all the phone aspects.

things like GPS xtra server, etiquette, g sensor calibration, mobile tracker and many many many things not covered in wm settings. they are IMPORTANT for the phone..

PS RFD: waiting for ultralite il2 ;)

Hi powuser... I paused HD2 ROM development for a while, and had to do my 'real world' job for a while ;)

But my current 'cooking' task is developing the ultra lite IL2... however i am having strange, serious issues now, that i didn't when i cooked first ultra lite version..

I have my serious suspects to 2 things: the overclock tool posted in this forum, i have my serious doubts about real impact of this tool... i feel like since i messed badly my phone when i overclocked it, despite some people arguing that when it goes to off, it 'resets' its change (again, i am suspicious about all this) ..

my other theory is about this new IL2 release.... maybe they messed with some drivers.. or maybe it was just me.. we'll see

Guest hangman11
Hi powuser... I paused HD2 ROM development for a while, and had to do my 'real world' job for a while ;)

But my current 'cooking' task is developing the ultra lite IL2... however i am having strange, serious issues now, that i didn't when i cooked first ultra lite version..

I have my serious suspects to 2 things: the overclock tool posted in this forum, i have my serious doubts about real impact of this tool... i feel like since i messed badly my phone when i overclocked it, despite some people arguing that when it goes to off, it 'resets' its change (again, i am suspicious about all this) ..

my other theory is about this new IL2 release.... maybe they messed with some drivers.. or maybe it was just me.. we'll see

Oww.. its tough on you, anyway we will all support you,you dont need to rush anything,you dont owe us a thing, your just doing us a favour ;)

hope this little words from the dummy me can give you a slight smile ;)

Edited by hangman11

I fail to see why we should overclock this phone

a suggestion for the ultra lite 2

1. remove live messenger

2. remove windows live

3. bring back large indicator

4. bring back samsung qwerty keyboard, or will be better if you can provide a keyboard with d-pad

5. perhaps bring back samsung picture browser -perhaps too big though-

Edited by nap_rz

Guest hangman11

If overclocking it brings us speed increment with reasonable battery consumption and IF it is safe, then why not?

Edited by hangman11

;) after using this ROM for about 8 hours, it seems that the battery is unbelievably drained away faster than my stock ROM.....even when I set the performance to normal.

will flashing my phone + eboot to newer version fix this? is it worth the risk?

Edited by nap_rz

Guest Gary Crutcher

I am wondering about the IL2 release also. I flashed it and it seemed sluggish

and used a lot of memory.

I re-flashed using your IK5 Lite - much faster and uses a lot less memory.

Thanks for all your hard work. Maybe wait for the next release before cooking a new ultra lite.

Edited by Gary Crutcher