My Youtube app has stopped working

Guest dnw6

Anyone else had this issue? Whenever I start the pre-installed youtube app, I just get a message that says:

"Sorry!

The application YouTube (process com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have tried again, and switched off and on again, and taken the battery out, but to no avail.

Because it's one of the pre-installed apps, I can't uninstall it to reinstall it. Any suggestions? I guess a factory reset might help...?

Edited by dnw6

Guest Sengadog
Anyone else had this issue? Whenever I start the pre-installed youtube app, I just get a message that says:

"Sorry!

The application YouTube (process com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have tried again, and switched off and on again, and taken the battery out, but to no avail.

Because it's one of the pre-installed apps, I can't uninstall it to reinstall it. Any suggestions? I guess a factory reset might help...?

No, mine has been ok, running with no problems.

Guest mikeyxb

Have you got a custom rom installed ?

if so uninstall with adb, but first see if you can find youtube.apk on the net to re install, if you cant find it then do a nandrestore and then reinstall your custom rom, i had this issue with alot of apps and reinstalled and all ok now, even fixed the issue wit keep having to repair ext2 partition when mounting

Guest HunteronX

Hi, here's a copy of my 'Youtube.apk' (remove the .zip) from paul's 1.3 custom rom, but you can only copy it to the '/system/app' directory with root permissions, so you'll have to have a custom rom installed, or have the 'superboot' flashed.

If you do have either of these, copy the files to the bold directory, using Estrongs file explorer which is available on the market (enable root in the settings), or use adb (there are tutorials around to help you; just search through the sub-forum pages).

If you already know about this, then just take anything from it that could be helpful to you - good luck!

P.S. If sharing of the Youtube.apk isn't allowed, please delete the attachment Paul. (I'm not so knowledgeable in all of these closed-source and open-source parts of android.)

YouTube.apk.zip