[CUSTOM ROM][LE-O2 FUSION] HD2 in Omnia2

Guest rodrigofd

Guest bobobird
I doubt it.

TouchWiz/WidgetPlus is pure crap, nobody will want to port it over to any other phone :D

(that said, I personally don't like nor I will ever use TouchFlo but at least that depends on my personal preferences/tastes/usage and not on the software being crap itself)

Agreed.

I dont dislike widgetplus per se but do not like the fact that visible widgets cannot be "pinned". Even a slight touch on the widgets and the bar can lead to all sort of icons on the desktop.

As for touchwiz, it is only a launcher app, not any worse or better then any other.

Guest rodrigofd

I could cook for B7610 if kitchen gets compatible, though 'd be really hard to do so, since i dont own such phone...

For the one asking for spanish, if i have time i might cook in spanish yes (since its my lang)

For who said 'why the fuss' with leo rom... hmm i guarantee it is worthy to flash 'just to try it' for a while :D :( i cant keep my hands off my o2 touching and trying everywhere... hehe htc stuff is very eye candy for me... i really feel like an 'iphone dumb' among WM power-users..

i am tempted to releasing ROM, but i dont want to rush, there are many bugs to be fixed, or else ROM will be something just to touch here and there, but nothing usable in the street. Besides, leaving 25-30 mb of ram is a huge issue... do you think a rom with 25-30 free ram is practical for your daily baisis? what do you think? ... sadly i dont know how to increase ram ;)

I tried compressing manila images, but it actually got buggier than better... and there is pretty room in storage memory anyway, so i wont' rush into it...

Guest myglowinghalo
I could cook for B7610 if kitchen gets compatible, though 'd be really hard to do so, since i dont own such phone...

For the one asking for spanish, if i have time i might cook in spanish yes (since its my lang)

For who said 'why the fuss' with leo rom... hmm i guarantee it is worthy to flash 'just to try it' for a while :D :( i cant keep my hands off my o2 touching and trying everywhere... hehe htc stuff is very eye candy for me... i really feel like an 'iphone dumb' among WM power-users..

i am tempted to releasing ROM, but i dont want to rush, there are many bugs to be fixed, or else ROM will be something just to touch here and there, but nothing usable in the street. Besides, leaving 25-30 mb of ram is a huge issue... do you think a rom with 25-30 free ram is practical for your daily baisis? what do you think? ... sadly i dont know how to increase ram :D

I tried compressing manila images, but it actually got buggier than better... and there is pretty room in storage memory anyway, so i wont' rush into it...

Hey man, thanks for your hard work..

I think you're the only one that this point in time, who will put so much effort.

I think I speak for everyone, we greatly appreciate what you're doing and

we'll patiently wait for your grand product. ;)

Cheers,

Al

Besides, leaving 25-30 mb of ram is a huge issue... do you think a rom with 25-30 free ram is practical for your daily baisis? what do you think? ... sadly i dont know how to increase ram

Get same value of free ram or even less after few days without restarting O2 ( using IK5 or IJC rom - close all apps and cleanRAM before measurement - clear example of memory leak...). So the answer is yes, I can handle with this :(

But the real question is - what happend if I have "HD2 Leo" sweets AND memory leak... Hope future IL1 /IL2 rom will not have any memory leak but without Secany help I need to wait a while :D

Guest Basil Daniel

i am tempted to releasing ROM, but i dont want to rush, there are many bugs to be fixed, or else ROM will be something just to touch here and there, but nothing usable in the street. Besides, leaving 25-30 mb of ram is a huge issue... do you think a rom with 25-30 free ram is practical for your daily baisis? what do you think? ... sadly i dont know how to increase ram ;)

Hello there

Obviously I took your advice of following your posts, or topic of cooked roms. I have to state that you have our full attention and gratitude for the hard work done so far. Your youtube vid is also very promissing. I believe that it is an act of profetionalisim for someone not to release a Rom until most of the bugs are resolved.

we are all looking into your progress with great interest here in Crete.

Your fans from Crete

@RFD :

Is titanium still included inside Leo ROM ? If it is removing it gives it more memory. And also removing some of the microsoft included applications might help too. But leave office thanks (:

Guest 00gundam

looks very VERY promising. I just wish my omnia II had signal, I think my friend broke the antenna thinking it was the soft reset... oh well, ROM testing is always a pleasure :D

Guest rodrigofd

Wow im famous hehe !!! ;) anyway some user commented on that link 'i cant believe you call that smooth' :D quoting the reporter that wrote '...running smoothly on omnia2...' .... not happy with that...

because , even considering not only its a non-htc device, but that it doesnt have native OpenGL 1 hardware, it ACTUALLY RUNS SMOOTH, or the most smooth you could expect considering circunstances... :(

Trust me... today i ran off for work during the whole day in my customers offices, in the car, and in the street.. and it was actually USABLE...

OK .. its certainly not the fastest cell-phone software you can get your hands on... but it is, for example, PRETTY FASTER than my Manila 2.5 running on my old HTC TOUCH PRO... ..take that HTC ! haha...

i am 100% sure that if the opengl library gets optimized, then this rom will run very near to the actual HD2...my video demo doesnt make justice to reality. one thing i dont like A LITTLE is that some manila pictures look 'blurrier' and some gradients not with much colors... (tried already with chainfire compression) .. maybe all this will get better in the future with better libraries

Guest rodrigofd

BTW what i now need to make first release is the following:

* working HTC album

* fix opengl missing things or bugs (SIP displaying, landscape mode)

Guest diverdude
Wow im famous hehe !!! ;) anyway some user commented on that link 'i cant believe you call that smooth' :D quoting the reporter that wrote '...running smoothly on omnia2...' .... not happy with that...

because , even considering not only its a non-htc device, but that it doesnt have native OpenGL 1 hardware, it ACTUALLY RUNS SMOOTH, or the most smooth you could expect considering circunstances... :(

Trust me... today i ran off for work during the whole day in my customers offices, in the car, and in the street.. and it was actually USABLE...

OK .. its certainly not the fastest cell-phone software you can get your hands on... but it is, for example, PRETTY FASTER than my Manila 2.5 running on my old HTC TOUCH PRO... ..take that HTC ! haha...

i am 100% sure that if the opengl library gets optimized, then this rom will run very near to the actual HD2...my video demo doesnt make justice to reality. one thing i dont like A LITTLE is that some manila pictures look 'blurrier' and some gradients not with much colors... (tried already with chainfire compression) .. maybe all this will get better in the future with better libraries

Can we have it please, please!

@RFD

u have no idea how famous u r right now. saw those posts in the last few pages with " i support u" or "i love it"? :( ppl r gathering together from every corner of the world :D

edit: see the guy below me? he's from kingmoile and he was the first one who posted khuanchai's ROM over there, if im not mistaken, lol

Edited by Lancez

I want this ROM so badly but at the same time OmniaII vital hardware related features that HD2 lacks must not just forgotten

1. Video Call

2. TV Out

3. 480p Video Recording

I hope this fusion ROM includes them all.

Guest rodrigofd

Hi ...

as i wrote earlier, first release will be when i figure out pending bugs i found so far....

HTC menu enhancement works sometimes yes , sometimes no...

album doesnt work yet...

and one or two other things..

BTW, TV OUT and original camera app are working fine....

Video call 'd only work with original samsung dialer... maybe i could cook in some kind of switch to choose betweeen HTC dialer and samsung dialer.. or a cab...

Hi ...

as i wrote earlier, first release will be when i figure out pending bugs i found so far....

HTC menu enhancement works sometimes yes , sometimes no...

album doesnt work yet...

and one or two other things..

BTW, TV OUT and original camera app are working fine....

Video call 'd only work with original samsung dialer... maybe i could cook in some kind of switch to choose betweeen HTC dialer and samsung dialer.. or a cab...

Actually album does not matter to me. I personally do not use it on a regular basis like maybe once every fortnight ?