[CUSTOM ROM][LE-O2 FUSION] HD2 in Omnia2

Guest rodrigofd

Touchflo 2.1 doesn't work with Omnia2.. at least not for now... but i managed to make 2.5 work instead..

You're right at least for now. I which i kneww how 2 cook roms for the O2. It must be very time consuming. Just flashing the rom is a pain. htc customs roms are much easier 2 flash and you can flash on sd card. Not complaining. Keep up the good work. We need people like u.

Guest diverdude
Touchflo 2.1 doesn't work with Omnia2.. at least not for now... but i managed to make 2.5 work instead..

any up-date on how your progress is going? ;)

Guest rodrigofd
any up-date on how your progress is going? ;)

I am really worried of available memory .. it is becoming a very serious issue.. think about it, HD2 has 448 MB ! of RAM and we, not only have a tiny 256 MB, but even samsung messed up so strangely in this Omnia2 that is reserves half that number for 'misterious' reasons... i have been fighting for a week to reveal such reservation, but i failed... I played with pagepool in the kernel partition, but it doesnt seem to affect much ...

im lost here

I am really worried of available memory .. it is becoming a very serious issue.. think about it, HD2 has 448 MB ! of RAM and we, not only have a tiny 256 MB, but even samsung messed up so strangely in this Omnia2 that is reserves half that number for 'misterious' reasons... i have been fighting for a week to reveal such reservation, but i failed... I played with pagepool in the kernel partition, but it doesnt seem to affect much ...

im lost here

First thing excellent work, sin duda. I think that more of us should be worried about the memory issue if we all work together we should be able to figure it out. Maybe our friends that invented the cooking tools can help their closer to Singapore. But for us to release the full potential of our devices we have to figure it out. Maybe someone will leak a tech manual or something like that.

Guest rodrigofd
First thing excellent work, sin duda. I think that more of us should be worried about the memory issue if we all work together we should be able to figure it out. Maybe our friends that invented the cooking tools can help their closer to Singapore. But for us to release the full potential of our devices we have to figure it out. Maybe someone will leak a tech manual or something like that.

Yes, but actually, the only real tool that chinese guys provided for us is OSNBTOOL by Weisun/Acwan (grabbed from PDAClan forum).

And according to chinese-speaking pals in this forum, either he is not supporting anymore, might be busy in other stuff, and he doesn't reply messages.

True rom-cooking cannot yet be achieved publicly, like module rellocation, xip manipulation, true os image building, etc.. mainly because the Samsung OS-IMAGE has a strange format. The only one english-speaking expert that has all this knowledge if sorg from this forum.

We can either hope that another english-genius figure all this out, or that sorg decides to release his knowledge, or else stick to what we have, that lets us play a little, but not really build a truly-flawless rom for our devices...

Guest John Peers

I have the secany IK5 rom with the widgets actives, and my free ram is arround 49mb, I only use the mobile for multimedia and gps, and work fine for me with this free ram. I think that there are a lot of people as me, that would be happy to test your rom with 50 free mb of ram while you still working for fix this "little issue" (for any people like me) and the people that who need more ram can wait to the second review. Is just my opinion and I don't want to demand nothing. Thanks for your great work and considerations.

Guest rodrigofd
I have the secany IK5 rom with the widgets actives, and my free ram is arround 49mb, I only use the mobile for multimedia and gps, and work fine for me with this free ram. I think that there are a lot of people as me, that would be happy to test your rom with 50 free mb of ram while you still working for fix this "little issue" (for any people like me) and the people that who need more ram can wait to the second review. Is just my opinion and I don't want to demand nothing. Thanks for your great work and considerations.

I know... in any case, don't worry because i'll release first version in a couple hours ;)

If i keep on looking to fix ram , i'll never release it.

You all know very well already, that this is just a 'toy' for us to play while using our phones... it is not the 'best' and most 'functional' way to use your phone... but sometimes it's good to refresh this matter to many people that might be thinking 'i cant do this on an everyday basis'... then you shouldn't be wasting time in this thread ;)...

Guest John Peers
I know... in any case, don't worry because i'll release first version in a couple hours ;)

If i keep on looking to fix ram , i'll never release it.

OMG!! Thanks, thanks and thanks again.. I'm so happy to hear this ;)

Guest diverdude

RFD Quote............ "i have been fighting for a week to reveal such reservation, but i failed..."

YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!..............You are the only one on this planet that has accomplished what you have!

You are the only one willing to work your ass off to get this community the

first custom Rom.

You are the only one willing to stick your neck out and take on the challenge of

making a M3D Rom, what seemed impossible just a few weeks ago.

You are the pioneer of the first O-2 custom Rom!! You are the MAN!!!

No RFD, you have not failed, you have succeeded in every way possible!! This is only the beginning of greater things to come!! This is a great day! Be proud of what you have done, because we are very proud of you!

To our community.......please use only positive constructive criticism when posting about this M3D Rom, this is the First Beta Rom and will be updated later if we offer constructive help and feedback. Also, I have already donated but as soon as the Rom is released I plan on buying Mr. RFD another case of beer. If you will be using his Rom then tell this man by way of your first donation or a second that you appreciate his work! There is nothing better then being appreciated for your hard work and accomplishments!

Member of the RFD Fan Club, Diverdude

Guest superdarkyaya

Alleluhia my friends !!!! Our Messie has done it !!!

Thanks Master R !

The World is yours now....... ;)

Edited by superdarkyaya

Guest Michael Pang

@rodrigofd

Don't you think the little memory available on startup is deal to the memory is reserved for graphic chips of our phone?

If applying this theory, like pc, the amount of memory availavle for graphics chips is set in bios. Would this something do in the eboot part? Or even, don't you think there is such similar settings in engineer mode of our phone?

Just my guess and try to bringstorm any possibility.

Edited by Michael Pang

RFD Quote............ "i have been fighting for a week to reveal such reservation, but i failed..."

YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!..............You are the only one on this planet that has accomplished what you have!

You are the only one willing to work your ass off to get this community the

first custom Rom.

You are the only one willing to stick your neck out and take on the challenge of

making a M3D Rom, what seemed impossible just a few weeks ago.

You are the pioneer of the first O-2 custom Rom!! You are the MAN!!!

No RFD, you have not failed, you have succeeded in every way possible!! This is only the beginning of greater things to come!! This is a great day! Be proud of what you have done, because we are very proud of you!

To our community.......please use only positive constructive criticism when posting about this M3D Rom, this is the First Beta Rom and will be updated later if we offer constructive help and feedback. Also, I have already donated but as soon as the Rom is released I plan on buying Mr. RFD another case of beer. If you will be using his Rom then tell this man by way of your first donation or a second that you appreciate his work! There is nothing better then being appreciated for your hard work and accomplishments!

Member of the RFD Fan Club, Diverdude

Hi there RFD , i am a chinese - english speaking person, but i have no knowledge of cooking, i am sorry ;)

But i will donate a small gesture to show my gratitude .. *paypal has landed*

There is a saying ; alot of small bits create a big pile of bits

I am waiting to be surprised by your efforts!

so people, don't just talk the talk, but walk the walk, give this great guy some to buy a beer or 2.

jorem

Edited by jorem

Guest superdarkyaya

Flash this afternoon and 8 hours later, nothing to déclare !!!!!!!

No lags, sensitivity is fantastic, reactivity very fast !! ;)

I've set my internet operator connection and every things are working !!

No bugs for me Rodriguo !!!! ;) I love you Gringo !!!!

I've just put your link on my forum (without mirror !) and if my members detect another problems, i'll put them here immediatly........ (sorry for my poor english guys !!!!!)

Thanks Master R

EDIT : I've found a little bug : I had assigned a fonction (file explorer) to the lateral button but, when i make a soft reset, this fonction vanished !! And this is the same for the "favorite" photos albums.. This is a bug or normal ?

I've a question for all : Why my gprs connection start automaticly when i soft reset ????

Edited by superdarkyaya

Guest Ram Kumar Rao

Hey mate... Awesome job u are doing... Im really interested in this... Im very confused about buying either omnia 2 or HD2... I like the UI of HD and its Processor... And i prefer omnia overall coz its better... But i dont like tat ui of omnia.. So if this ROM really works well then i will go for omnia...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SelfCreation
Free RAM is a big issue right now... samsung already leave us with the little '89mb' free, with a clean, pure WM rom... imagine how memory hungry this HD2 monster is... normally goes around 25 - 30 max free ram :) ... eye candy has it huge cost seems...

Hmm , If ur making this a Instaling Cooked ROM, then wont flashing the Samsong ROm clear up all that RAM?

Also , is there a way to "clear up" some of that "reserved RAM" on the Omnia 2 ? , cause like haff the ram is "reserverd" F**** annoying.