Did anyone with vodafone branding flash to 6.5?

Guest Sera

Hi guys,

Since I'm reading more and more bad news about vodafone branded phones possibly never getting the update to wm 6.5, I'm considering to flash my phone with one of the ROMs floating around here.

Now, I'm a total n00b when it comes to flashing and the omnia qwerty is my first wm device, so I'm kinda scared to destroy my 200 euro phone :D

did anyone already flash a vodafone branded qwerty? did you have any problems because I'm really wondering what's so special about my phone that makes it impossible to get the standard update. some people go on about the connection settings for vodafone possibly being the issue, did you get everything set up and working again without issues?

Oh and do I understand correctly that the csc doesn't get updated when flashing? that would then still stay the "vodafone-csc", right? :/

Meh, it all sounds kinda chinese to me, I'm not sure I'm making sense of all the flash-talk :(

well, hope someone who got the "device not supported" error has already done this and can share their experience ;)

Thx

I have a vodafone device and I flashed mine succesfully to 6.5. Yes your csc will stay vodafone, you'll only flash your eboot and pda files. Your device will work just fine, csc isn't that important.

Guest Klaas Roelofs

Hi Sera,

I have a Vodafone-branded Omnia Qwerty and I flashed Secany's WM6.5 rom (B7610NXXIJ3). Works excellent.

You're right about the CSC: it doesn't get flashed, so that's still Vodafone. Only PDA is changed.

The official WM6.5 rom (B7610NXXIK2) has been dumped today, so I think I will upgrade to that one tomorrow.

Still hoping that someone will dump a unbranded CSC (if possible at all) one of these day, then I will have a totally unbranded phone.

My current versions:

PDA: B7610NXXIJ3

CSC: B7610VDFIH5

PHONE: B7610BUIH1

Edited by Klaas Roelofs

thanks a lot for your answers guys, that helped.

got thrown out of bed early and decided to flash the phone now.

looks good so far, the phone started up hehe, so good thing.

only thing that annoyed me was that i couldn't select the language, went straight to dutch while i prefer english.

now I gotta set up everything again, let's see how that goes but yay, got wm 6.5 :D