Why cant I download attachments ?

Guest lycrawearer

Guest lycrawearer

As per the title really ... I'm running the latest MCR (flashed to my phone last night) - but if I click on an email attachment (eg a jpg) then after 4 or 5 seconds I get an error message pop-up stating network error :D

It's the same whether I use Wifi, GPRS, 3G or even HSDPA ... it's like the hero attempts to download the attachment, and then fails somewhere !

The Hero is set to save attachments to the memory card, and I've downloaded/installed Download Crutch in case that helped - it didn't.

I was getting the same error on my previous WWE rom ... I'm on TMobile - anyone else getting this problem ?

• 2 months later...

I'm having same error when downloading attachments.

using stock rom 2.73.405.5, and getting this error on exchange mail account.

I've not tried gmail app..

with touchdown app, I can download attachments and see html images.

but with htc hero mail app, I cant download attachemnts and images.

can it be a certificate problem with the exchange server? sync of mail, contacs and calendar works fine but I know that my firms ssl certificate, the server address is diffrent.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lycrawearer

Still gettinng this problem - funnily enough it seems to be present on all MoDaCo roms .... I've tried other Roms by authors such as Lox etc (over on the HTCPedia forums) and they all work fine ...

Is Paul 'adapting' or changing the HTCMail application perhaps, or using a different version ?

My email is stored on an Exchange 2010 server by the way .... and is sync'd via this method ..

Still gettinng this problem - funnily enough it seems to be present on all MoDaCo roms .... I've tried other Roms by authors such as Lox etc (over on the HTCPedia forums) and they all work fine ...

Is Paul 'adapting' or changing the HTCMail application perhaps, or using a different version ?

My email is stored on an Exchange 2010 server by the way .... and is sync'd via this method ..

Personally never experienced this. I've used modaco from 2.9 to 3.1, without probs.

Used both POP3/IMAP and ActiveSync exchange, and normal Gmail, and more recently hosted GMail using my google apps domain. No problems with any of them.

Would a wipe help? Sorry I can't help

more recently hosted GMail using my google apps domain. No problems with any of them.

really? I was under the impression that you can often view or preview attachments but I've never been able to download an attachment other than images from the Gmail app on any ROM. Its never been an option and find it extremely frustrating.

Edited by hp1

Guest polonius
really? I was under the impression that you can often view or preview attachments but I've never been able to download an attachment other than images from the Gmail app on any ROM. Its never been an option and find it extremely frustrating.

Same here.

Is it possible to download attachments with the htc mail app, if you sync your gmail account via ActiveSync?

Anybody using this combo? (I know that syncing works) :(

Guest Ijwoo1
As per the title really ... I'm running the latest MCR (flashed to my phone last night) - but if I click on an email attachment (eg a jpg) then after 4 or 5 seconds I get an error message pop-up stating network error :(

It's the same whether I use Wifi, GPRS, 3G or even HSDPA ... it's like the hero attempts to download the attachment, and then fails somewhere !

<SNIP>

I get a similar problem but its not restricted to attachments, I have limited the size of emails to download, so that I often get the button "Get Remaining" at the bottom of my emails. If I click it it appears to download but then nothing, no error message and the button disappears so I dont even have the option try to "Get Remaining" again.

I cant be sure if it is an MCR thing or not, but it hasnt worked for me with 2.x and now 3.2.

This is specifically with HTC mail, setup to retrive email from my POP3 email accounts.

Edited by Ijwoo1