Mobile version of Modaco forums on my Hero

Guest anders_g

Guest anders_g

Hi there

The last few days my Hero has been displaying the desktop version of the modaco forum, when I enter modaco.com or android.modaco.com in the browser. I think it happened after upgrading to MCR 3.0, but I don't assume that this should have any impact.

Mobile viewing is enabled under settings.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is it possible to manually enter the mobile version by typing another address?

/Anders

• 1 month later...
Anyone know of a solution to this? It's annoying having to browse the full version every time!

Try opening the settings in the browser (Menu Button then more, settings) and choosing Mobile View (so there's a tick in the box)

Guest commodoor
Try opening the settings in the browser (Menu Button then more, settings) and choosing Mobile View (so there's a tick in the box)

uuhm i don't know if you read it well but anders_g said that mobile viewing is enabled. i also looked at it and also don't see the mbile view (running mcr 3.1)

uuhm i don't know if you read it well but anders_g said that mobile viewing is enabled. i also looked at it and also don't see the mbile view (running mcr 3.1)

Oops :) sorry. Skimmed it before going to lunch. Thought I'd try and help out before going, but I think I just missed that part.

I've managed to reproduce this issue here as well. I actually use my phone in 'non mobile' view all the time, but turned it on and found I get mobile google, but non-mobile modaco.

Only thing I can think of is that the browser's user-agent string has changed in the update, and Paul's script hasn't been changed for the new string.

EDIT

FWIW, mine (on MCR3.1) is

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-gb; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

You can find yours (for anyone who still gets it correctly on a pre-MCR3.1) by going to www.useragentstring.com. It will also give an analysis of what it all means.

Edited by pulser

I started a thread on this a wee while ago. I was on the Updated Orange ROM and I went from having the mobile view to not having the mobile view without even changing the ROM or any settings. I just gave up. I just changed to the MCR3.0 and nothing has changed, still no mobile view. The fact that I was having the same problem with the Orange ROM means that ist probably not isolated to just the MCR ROMs.

I agree though, I love the fast loading text only, mobile forum and really miss it :)

Edited by hp1