SENSE FOR OMNIA PRO B7610

Guest casualt

Guest casualt

HELLO

I understand that rodrigfd has made a custom rom for i8000 users... WELL what ABOUT b7610 users. Is anyone going to make the new manilla 2.5 HTC sense UI for the B7610 like rodrigfd has made for ONLY i8000 users.

What a joke like seriously. B7610 is a better phone yet the only real roms being put out are for the i8000.

C'mon I bought the B7610 because I knew people would cook the new sense ui to it, but yet they are just stuck on make roms for the i8000.

Are there any other B7610 users that feel this WAY?

Are there any other B7610 user WANTING SENSE!?!?!??!?!?!?!

HELLO

I understand that rodrigfd has made a custom rom for i8000 users... WELL what ABOUT b7610 users. Is anyone going to make the new manilla 2.5 HTC sense UI for the B7610 like rodrigfd has made for ONLY i8000 users.

What a joke like seriously. B7610 is a better phone yet the only real roms being put out are for the i8000.

C'mon I bought the B7610 because I knew people would cook the new sense ui to it, but yet they are just stuck on make roms for the i8000.

Are there any other B7610 users that feel this WAY?

Are there any other B7610 user WANTING SENSE!?!?!??!?!?!?!

even for i8000 (where the best minds are) there is not a complete working kitchen yet we have to wait the kitchen is released then we can cook our own roms but until that moment I think we can only wait or hoping a brilliant mind buy a b7610... :D

Keep in mind that the Manilla 2.5 ROM has under 25 mb ram free after a soft reset. Seems like a nice proof-of-concept but not very practical until we figure out how to undo these damn memory restrictions that samsung put in.

But yes, all the cooks are in the O2 community at the moment. The good news though is that the kitchen for O2 should be compatible with the B7610 as well.

Edited by Tarqon

Guest casualt
But yes, all the cooks are in the O2 community at the moment. The good news though is that the kitchen for O2 should be compatible with the B7610 as well.

OK i am a noob but I do a lot of research. I am really confused... what is the difference between a cook and a kitchen?

Guest casualt
The good news though is that the kitchen for O2 should be compatible with the B7610 as well.

Also I tried rodrigfd custom lite rom for my b7610 and it doesn't work so how is this possible?

OK i am a noob but I do a lot of research. I am really confused... what is the difference between a cook and a kitchen?

A cook is somone who makes custom ROMS. A kitchen is a set of tools that enables him to do so.

Also I tried rodrigfd custom lite rom for my b7610 and it doesn't work so how is this possible?

I said the KITCHEN would be compatible. The kitchen is but a framework, you'll need to use it with a dump of a B7610 rom to cook something functional for our device.

Much respect!

I sure hope there are some good cooks out there. Let's get cooking guys! If I had any clue how to do it I would.

I think a reasonable idea is to ask rodrigofd to create an ultralite rom for our device like he did for i8000. He has the tools to do that because the rom structure of the b7610 is very similar to i8000 one. The main problem is that he hasn't a b7610 so he can't test the rom directly but if some betatesters have the will to help him in theory it could be possible. But I don't know if rodrigofd has enough time to do that because he is working hard to complete the i8000 kitchen...

Guest rodrigofd
I think a reasonable idea is to ask rodrigofd to create an ultralite rom for our device like he did for i8000. He has the tools to do that because the rom structure of the b7610 is very similar to i8000 one. The main problem is that he hasn't a b7610 so he can't test the rom directly but if some betatesters have the will to help him in theory it could be possible. But I don't know if rodrigofd has enough time to do that because he is working hard to complete the i8000 kitchen...

Hi everyone... just passing by this forum :D

Please do not flash my i8000 ROMS on your b7610!!!! of course they'll never work as they are different hardware => different kernel and different drivers... just think you have a keyboard and we don't :(

Anyway, i am now downloading one of your dumped b7610 to see if i can make a HD2 version for you guys... let me tell you, neither that or an ultra-lite is simple task, even if my kitchen does work with your phone... because the greatest job is to take out all samsung stuff (samsung roms don't come 'packetized' like HTCs ones, they put EVERYTHING 100% in a single OEM package, ... so guess how hard can it be ;))

I'll let you know.. i am downloading IK2 rom posted by SORG in your forum

Guest FaTa1-Err0r

I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

I was a HTC Kaiser user and flashed every other day, then moved on to this faster, better and more beautiful device, only miss the customisation posibilities of HTC :-(

Grtz!

I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

I was a HTC Kaiser user and flashed every other day, then moved on to this faster, better and more beautiful device, only miss the customisation posibilities of HTC :-(

Grtz!

I think betatesters have to help rodrigofd in his hard work so anyone who want to help is welcomed, but even more is necessary to pay off his hard work so everybody in this forum who want to contribute to this project can help with donations to rodrigofd (this is my donation code 0ML41500889164739 :D ), like told before he is spending much time to make a fully working kitchen for i8000 and b7610...

Edited by kibiwi

Guest casualt

Of course I would be a betatester and of course I want to donate I just have no idea how.

@ rodrigfd

Thanks for reconigizing the b7610 community and thank you for all your hard it's a great thing you are doing keep up the good work!

Guest rodrigofd

Okay guys, firstly i need a good B7610 NB0 single-language ROM.. I can't use secany's ones, or the K2 sorg posted based on CUBIC37.MLI.

Anyone that has the most recent, stable, and english flashed B7610 ROM, please dump it using SORG tool :

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/296097/...s-etc/page/147/

which generates a rom_dump.bin in your storage card, then ZIP that file and send it to me in some way (give me rapidshare links, etc) so i can get it., and i'll start analyzing it :D

Guest informatico
Okay guys, firstly i need a good B7610 NB0 single-language ROM.. I can't use secany's ones, or the K2 sorg posted based on CUBIC37.MLI.

Anyone that has the most recent, stable, and english flashed B7610 ROM, please dump it using SORG tool :

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/296097/...s-etc/page/147/

which generates a rom_dump.bin in your storage card, then ZIP that file and send it to me in some way (give me rapidshare links, etc) so i can get it., and i'll start analyzing it :D

Hello

You could try this one IJ3 but is wm6.1

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...1/#entry1124030

I extracted it from my OP.

Remember, this creates a single language dump so someone with english K2 run this please. Everything else is just a waste of time. :D

what about if someone flash the sorg rom and set the english language then with the sorg tool (look at this post http://www.modaco.com/content-page/296097/...s-etc/page/147/ ) he can dump the rom creating the bin file and send it to rodrigofd...I think it should work...

what about if someone flash the sorg rom and set the english language then with the sorg tool (look at this post http://www.modaco.com/content-page/296097/...s-etc/page/147/ ) he can dump the rom creating the bin file and send it to rodrigofd...I think it should work...

You may run into trouble if your memory card is named in your own language, but yes the dump would be fine.

You may run into trouble if your memory card is named in your own language, but yes the dump would be fine.

no trouble rodrigofd can make sorg's tool works with every name the sd card can have he made it yet...

Guest da_mafkeez

i'm sorry, i dont have much time for flashing my phone right now. im in the middle of a busy time of my graduation. friday i have time to flash a rom for rodrigofd. hopefully someone else can make a dump of sorg's official rom. i'm very excited that rodrigofd is trying to make a kitchen and maybe a rom for us. i'll definatly donate soon when my salary is on my account. he's spending much time for us b7610 and i8000 users :D

Guest rodrigofd
no trouble rodrigofd can make sorg's tool works with every name the sd card can have he made it yet...

That's exactly what i need you to do ... Flash latest rom (IK2 from Sorg) .. select english langugae, ... then run rom dump utility from sorg in your device... ( you flashed english so sorg tool will work out of the box) then copy the rom_dump.bin from storage card to pc, zip it and give it to me !:D

I CANNOT USE ROMs LIKE SECANYS OR SORG IK2 DIRECTLY .. those are multilanguage, and my kitchen does not support multi-language rom cooking..

PD. any updates please let me know by PM.. . i wont frequently check this thread...

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest buckfyter

I just did a dump using the mentioned tool. My phone is officialy updated to win 6.5 using NPS. It is set to English. What would be the best way to make this dump available?

Guest informatico
I just did a dump using the mentioned tool. My phone is officialy updated to win 6.5 using NPS. It is set to English. What would be the best way to make this dump available?

How did you do the upgrade ?

i tried with NPS but everytime it tells me device not supported

And what is your ROM version now ? Do you have in "work mode" the weather plugin ?

Thanks

Guest da_mafkeez

great! have you upload the rom or do you need help on it?