Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest millmax
At newest version are bug... Then I try to type a new message and push space or add any simbol,the text start write from left side.... ;S

But when reseived a new sms,and i reply it the text typing is good ;D Only bug then type the new sms ;S

Yes, I agree. Composing a new message and pressing Space or XT9 suggestions results in text writing from the left side. Is there any fix for this?

Edit: This only occurs when composing a new message. Replying to a message has no issues.

I'm having the very same issure with 23518. Nice rom, but I send alot of SMS, and this bug is difficult to ignore over time...

Edited by millmax

Guest steff195

Regardind that Manilla programs problem, they work, I noticed that I had to scroll from the program list, up and down, not from the white empty space.

Steff, will SPB Mobile shell 3.5.3 works in your Normal ROM?

I mean, it will be possible to change the Theme Color in SPB Mobile Shell using your Windows Mobile 6.5 Roms?

Guest eduardi

hi steff,

i'm using your 28002 ROM and i cant navigate on the internet when i'm connected via WIFI .

What should i set in the connection area to work?

pls help!!!!!!

Guest Madz!..
Hi steff, first let me thank you for this amazing job, i just installed 23518 Normal ROM and i just love it, but i have a problem with the hard keys.. I've had this problem before, but with rom's like kuanchai 23034 or lte02, the hard keys work fine, i'm very noob in this flashing and cooking stuff, but do you know what's this about? the hard keys only once, and the if i press power button off/on (just screen, not phone), they'll work only once again.. this is really annoying.. too bad i have to roll back, thx anyway! :)

hi steff, any chance you can check this?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...rdware-buttons/

this post describes the issue perfectly, hope you can help us.

Thanx in advance.

Guest Natsirt
Regardind that Manilla programs problem, they work, I noticed that I had to scroll from the program list, up and down, not from the white empty space.

oops! My bad! I thought it was the white empty space, but i guess it was the program list. It was somewhere on the screen, just couldnt remember exactly where. Sorry bout that guys.

I'm now bout to test out SRS WOW HD. I'm a bit worried about the chance of it screwing up my omnia. If it does come down to that and i have to hard reset, would a complete backup/restore from Sprite Backup/SPB Backup restore everything back to my omnia? Sorry if it's a bit off topic.

Guest mihai_mihai

for steff

vezi ca am incercat 3 com-uri si la toate ai probleme cu scrolul kinetic adica in loc sa deruleze pop-up-ul deruleaza fereastra din fundal

Guest steff195

@eduardi: I surf the web fine on my phone, with the same rom. I didn't change anything in settings.

@Madz!..: what? :D I just checked this but I don't see any problem.

@Natsirt: yes, you can restore any backup, but... I don't see the use of SRS WOW HD... you want 5.1. sound in your headset? B) Technically is kinda impossible... If you know how to use the volume app within Windows (SoundTester) , I mean if you adjust the levels correctly you will have a beautiful sound in your ears. Trust me! B)

@mihai_mihai: (to be fair to the other users I'll translate what you said) so, you said that the kinetic scroll doesn't work in my roms, sometimes it scrolls the background window instead of the front one... I'm afraid that is a build problem, not mine. I also tested other chef's roms and encountered the same problem. :)

Guest codo2003

Hi Steff

I am very happy with your ROM. It works great for me.

I am an Arabic User.. So is there any fix to make the SMS aligned Right when reading. when writing it is OK.

Why there is heat from the back specially with games?.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Madz!..
@Madz!..: what? :) I just checked this but I don't see any problem.

What you mean?.. The hard keys stop working after i flash any 6.5.x ROM except Kuanchai's.. you don't see the problem?

I know this issue is not affecting many users, but is affecting some.. My guess is a hardware component change in these models.. Has I said before i really don't know much about cooking, but i thought maybe you would know what is this about... considering some ROM's work and others don't, my best guess is, maybe this issue is within' the ROM's registry.. And considering the power button procedure, maybe this issue is related to power options.. it's all a best guess, but i can't do more alone.. B)

You think you can use some of your time in this issue?.. If you need any info on this or even for me to test ROM fixes in my phone, i'll be glad to help in anything in my reach.. Thanx!

Guest mihai_mihai
@eduardi: I surf the web fine on my phone, with the same rom. I didn't change anything in settings.

@Madz!..: what? :D I just checked this but I don't see any problem.

@Natsirt: yes, you can restore any backup, but... I don't see the use of SRS WOW HD... you want 5.1. sound in your headset? B) Technically is kinda impossible... If you know how to use the volume app within Windows (SoundTester) , I mean if you adjust the levels correctly you will have a beautiful sound in your ears. Trust me! B)

@mihai_mihai: (to be fair to the other users I'll translate what you said) so, you said that the kinetic scroll doesn't work in my roms, sometimes it scrolls the background window instead of the front one... I'm afraid that is a build problem, not mine. I also tested other chef's roms and encountered the same problem. :)

pls ask pdhee or ryrzy what they did with the kinetic scroling i like some of your roms better then theirs

plus besides i'm a little late i would like to learn how to cook (edit a rom mostly for now)but when i downloaded a kitchen my bitdefender deleted a lot of files for a virus

can u tell me what to download and where (learning first) tnks

one more thing i activated webnwalk and i can't recive the settings because of this message"telefonul tau a fost detectat htc raphael...."(your phone has been detected htc raphael) what file in windows must be changed to say sgh-i900 i tryed settings/system/about but allredy sgh-i900 there(in official winmo 6.1 it says sgh-i900 and webnwalk worked after i recived the settings)

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest steff195

@codo2003: I don't know about any arabic fix for sms. About the heating, it is normal when using games, gps....

@Madz!..: man, I told you: I don't have that problem. I don't know what is to be done in your case. Sorry!

@mihai_mihai: htc raphael? that's weird... I'll send a pm later with links for cooking.

@gioranaa: First: are you sure you use my rom? Cause I didn't release any Flotanium rom! Second: I don't know about 28205, but in the version I'm using (28002) it's working fine. If it doesn't work in that version, it must be the build's fault (SYS files exactly), as the rest of the files I use for cooking are the same (the OEM's). Trust me, I didn't get to check every little detail in every version I release, I must have slipped unnoticed, especially when cooking lots of roms, like I did in that period when I released this one. Anyway, try installing the calendar yourself, HERE is the Omnia Lite one plus other apps. Enjoy!

Guest steff195

I'm not sure I understood correctly: you wanted to know if I included any finger scrolling applications in my rom? If so, the answer is no. Only standard baby, only standard :) ... I want to keep my roms as much as I can to the standard type. The rest is up to you, all you guys can do it yourself...

Guest drchintank
I'm not sure I understood correctly: you wanted to know if I included any finger scrolling applications in my rom? If so, the answer is no. Only standard baby, only standard :) ... I want to keep my roms as much as I can to the standard type. The rest is up to you, all you guys can do it yourself...

no i m asking about scrolling in few app like chm reader or other same app.. so if ftouchsl is compatible with ur roms???

Guest mihai_mihai
What? :) Where the files at? ... to grab them and cook a nice new rom, with some nice improvements already prepared for you guys. B)

i left a message on khunchai forum maibe he will reply with the 23090 original xip.bin follow his forum

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...n/#entry1169044

and this is the link for omnia 2 khuanchai rom25 Jan 2010: i8000KC23090_Lite version

for those who can't connect with wireless use this:

set your router to g mode (plain g not n not turbo nothing) install this cab EnableWLANGMode.cab

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest Besho992

hi steff,,,

My version of Omnia is i900SHHJ2/SHHK2,,, i would like to install your ROM but i have some questions

1. can I install your custom ROM on this Omnia?

2. Do I have to hard reset phone before installing ROM

3. and stupid question but i've tried everything and its not woking for me...how to hardd reset Omnia :)

pliz help fast,,,,anyone

Edited by Besho992

Guest steff195

Yes, you can install any rom you like, no need to hard reset. It will reset completeley during update, it's like installing a new OS on a pc. B)

Faster way (and especially when in trouble) to hard reset is to soft reset the phone from the top hole and immediately press the answer/decline keys simultaneously... it will ask you if you want to hard reset, and you obviously will press yes. :)