Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

... it stills takes me a couple of hours to get everything just right again after flashing...

One more thing - what is Adaption Kit Update? - I don't remember that term from before.

Try to get your hands on spb backup. Use this to create a full backup of your system. Getting everything right after flashing is just a matter of one push on the button and 5 minutes of patience restoring the full backup. Works like a charm. Makes flashing the phone even more easy!

Regarding the AKU; look here to get an idea of what these kits are.

Why don't you make a ROM yourself then to suit your needs? I myself and most of the other users appreciate the time steff "wastes" on cooking ROMS for us and the best thing is that he shares them for free. He could have only cooked only for himself, but he chose to share his work. So respect that and don't use such strong words. If there is a problem, you can inform steff about it so he can fix it.

Appreciate the countless hours spent by these people (the chefs), because they deserve it!

I said honestly, in a very proper manner. I said compared to theirs. If you have to choose between this 3, you would've said the same thing. It is not that i do not appreciate, but i am trying to say that if he wants his rom to be competitive to the other two chefs. He has to work harder.

In the real world, chefs have to take the harsh words from the judges, do you think they didn't spend time making the food? -.-". Of course i appreciate the effort of this chefs because without them, there is no custom rom. I'll always try on his, and gives him feedbacks.

Guest hamasaki

Hi steff,

Great roms u got here, i have some Chinese named contacts but with your latest rom installed i cant read chinese word..can you attach a .cab for me to install ? also i have problem with my camera too, cant play video on camera's album it will prompt out the the home screen. pls help

thanks a lot.

but i am trying to say that if he wants his rom to be competitive to the other two chefs. He has to work harder.

In the real world, chefs have to take the harsh words from the judges, do you think they didn't spend time making the food?

Dude you watch to much tv... Here on the Internet we usually try to enjoy/appreciate nice things that are given to us for free, not whining about stuff that dont pleases you.

Been flashing my Omnia for some time now and I tried at least 3 builds from each chef and so far steff is one of the best.

Guest steff195

@demon-knight: didn't see anything different... there must be some problems solved, but one might never find out about theme... or just maybe in time. :D

@bigflause & ronaldb3: I'll try to upload them tomorrow guys, it's now 1AM here, and I gotta get some rest. ;)

@Stroescu: yeees, you need an update, but be careful about something. I saw your phone part has NSPRO, that means the phone it's unlocked with a certain program for you to use it in your country. You shouldn't try to update that phone part, because you will get it locked again, but... if you flash my roms (or most of other cooks' custom roms) you won't have any problems, because that phone part is not included in the updater, so you'll stick with you actual one. But if you flash an official update (which contains that phone part also) you'll get it locked. I think you got the idea... :(

Steff...love your roms bro, been trying them all these past few days. Tight and fast...Just the way I like it. One question though. Is there any chance that in the future, on the M2D versions you can change the icons?You know...big high res icons, so we can use our thumb instead of the awful stylus? Thanks and...looking forward to your next releases.

Cheers

@Borfas...wow....I haven't seen the english language so butchered in a long time :D. I Think you're better off PMing Steff "in limba romana", maybe this way he'll be able to understand you .I'm Just sayin' ;)

Edited by Catani

Guest ronaldb3

Hi steff,

I have flashed 23529 normal and have two questions.

1. When I changed to the original "Keyboard" it looks weird.

2. I could not find the Tasks application anywhere.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Ron...

Guest ronaldb3
Hi steff,

I have flashed 23529 normal and have two questions.

1. When I changed to the original "Keyboard" it looks weird.

2. I could not find the Tasks application anywhere.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Ron...

Well I found the answer to the missing TASKS app. The lnk file was in the Windows folder instead of the Program folder. Moving the tasks.lnk file solved that. Still need the original keyboard file.

Ron...

Hi Steff,

yesterday I flashed your 23529 normal vesion. Till now everythihg works well. Touch response, reaction time, battery drain - satisfaction ;) .

But after video recording in resolution 640x480 it cannot play recorded file and it says - UNABLE TO READ THIS FILE.... TCPMP player cannot play it too and the same is on my PC - unknown codec.

Files recorded in the resolution 320x240 it can play well.

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Guest steff195

@jmsmartins: thanks man, glad to hear that... I was about to quit cooking, but that made me reconsider. :D

@ronaldb3: don't know man, I didn't touch that keyboard. ;)

@EduX: I tested this again, at max video resolution and worked fine with TCPMP. Are you sure you associated this file type with TCPMP?