Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Nice rom dude love the look of start up,theme and of course the icons but what happened to the messaging,tv out viewer and radio icon?maybe you should put showcase in the system folder.

Guest steff195

After so much effort of cooking these into my roms (it's not just cab cooking, it needs for some cpl files to be edited), I considered that one can install that Icon Changer program and change them to his taste. :D I don't have the patience to sit and search for those files responsible of changing those 3 or 4 icons left (and frankly, I didn't search for them). :lol:

After cooking these new icons into my roms I've noticed that the ram memory decreased :D and the rom loses some speed... I think because of the icons resolutions, they are too big. I tried to cook again this rom, this time with icons at half the resolution (48x48), but when I resize them, it look shitty, like the old Omnia ones. So, if I only could have the original images at 48x48 (they now have 96x96) I could try again. Or should I consider cooking the roms with Small Icons, like I used until now? But that kinda loses the HD look... :lol:

@corpisa: here you go! :D

post-442647-1266321074_thumb.jpg

Edited by steff195

Guest jmsmartins
After cooking these new icons into my roms I've noticed that the ram memory decreased :lol: and the rom loses some speed... I think because of the icons resolutions, they are too big. I tried to cook again this rom, this time with icons at half the resolution (48x48), but when I resize them, it look shitty, like the old Omnia ones. So, if I only could have the original images at 48x48 (they now have 96x96) I could try again. Or should I consider cooking the roms with Small Icons, like I used until now? But that kinda loses the HD look... :D

how much ram are we talking about? i think i can live with the small icons and better performance :D

btw, the rom looks great! i'll test gps this afternoon

After so much effort of cooking these into my roms (it's not just cab cooking, it needs for some cpl files to be edited), I considered that one can install that Icon Changer program and change them to his taste. :D I don't have the patience to sit and search for those files responsible of changing those 3 or 4 icons left (and frankly, I didn't search for them). :lol:

After cooking these new icons into my roms I've noticed that the ram memory decreased :D and the rom loses some speed... I think because of the icons resolutions, they are too big. I tried to cook again this rom, this time with icons at half the resolution (48x48), but when I resize them, it look shitty, like the old Omnia ones. So, if I only could have the original images at 48x48 (they now have 96x96) I could try again. Or should I consider cooking the roms with Small Icons, like I used until now? But that kinda loses the HD look... :lol:

@corpisa: here you go! :D

Hi steff, I use 45x45 pngs, working pretty good, not much slowdown too.

Guest Natsirt
Does this new rom support multiple selection by just sliding through the files in file explorer softly? For example, the file explorer in rzyzy's rom.

Do you have lite phonebook/contacts and call log installed? Because some of us prefer to use the lite/II dialer skin because this original dialer skin from all the roms are not really responsive when we tried to insert the number faster.

Try installing resco explorer.. it'll do the job.

As for the lite phonebook/contacts/call log, steff doesn't cook them in and tries to keep his ROMs as lite as possible because that way any user can install whatever they want and everyone can be satisfied. As you said, some of us prefer to use the lite/II dialier skin, but maybe some of us don't, so if steff cooked them in, some of us might not be happy because it cant be removed.

Guest steff195

@jmsmartins: before I used to have about 62-63mb free and now about 58mb. But when using small icons (I don't mean cooking small Se7en icons , just replacing StartMenu_GridScene_240x400.cpr and StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.cpr from Small Icons.cab) the speed increases and so does the ram. And... about gps, I think it's a phone part related thing, and I don't include phone part in my roms, so it's up to you to choose which phone part seems best.

@ock: yes I know, but I just need a set of Se7en icons with that resolution, that would be great, because the problem is, if I resize the actual ones, as I said, they look like s@#t. :lol: I'd rather use Small Icons ext files instead when cooking and thus the speed and ram increase. :D

@Natsirt: exactly my point, thanks for mentioning it for me again. :D

Edited by steff195

I dont notice any loss in speed unless using 256 or larger. I normally use 128, but with this new set 96x96 works well. I can make you 45x45 if you want. Ill test it out and see how it looks or how low I can go before they get smaller and lose resolution.

As with anything you add have to lose some ram but its only small. I prefer that unnoticeable loss than have a shitty looking phone.

Can someone run a speed test as I'd love to know much it really slows it down.

Tested 45x45 and it works good. Ive converted all to to your specifications!

:D Sb__s_Se7en_45x45.rar

Edited by Sb.

Guest mejoppa

m2d roms working great, only problem i have is the home screen shows the weather from Frederiksberg Muni... instead of my home town. any idea on how to fix this?

Guest papaslime

hey, steff

can u provide a cab to enable call log? sience u remove it all from ur ROM :D

ps: i already try to install omnia lite dialer but its not helping at all

Guest steff195
Hey Steff,

i have 1 question:

is it possible to edit the city database for the weather forecast in this M2D version?

thanx

regards

Balázs from Hungary

Sincerely, I don't know, I didn't think of that... I found my city whenever I updated the weather and had no reasons to do that.

Is it just me or sound quality for incoming calls just went down since the new 28.xxx series ROM ?

Is it a way to tweak the sound ? i mean like an EQ in Winamp. When i hear the caller it just sounds like it has no clarity , it sounds muffled

Guest papaslime

ey Steff,

i have 1 question:

is it possible to edit the city database for the weather forecast in this M2D version?

thanx

regards

Balázs from Hungary

Sincerely, I don't know, I didn't think of that... I found my city whenever I updated the weather and had no reasons to do that.

hey bro

if you mean add your city in weather panel in M2D, yes it can be done but only temporary (if you hard reset, it will be revert back)

how to:

go to regitry editor

H LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILA 2D\WEATHER

there u will find 2 folder wich is (0 and setting)

change the city code and city name in those folder

save

restart.......enjoy

ps: u can find ur city code at accuweather.com :D

I'm now using 28230 M2Dv2 and it keeps hanging after a random amount of time. The screen turns black and I have to remove the battery to get it started again. Someone with the same problem?

Guest singhpps

Hi Steff

First of all Thanks a lot for this beautiful ROM. I am currently using your ROM (build 23519) M2D version and I really thank you for making this wonderful rom. this is one of the best ROM I saw.

One request how can I use samsung default dialer in this ROM. I did some registry trick for secdialer. But the original dialer comes with scroll bar. Please please help me, I don't want to loose your ROM and even I cant bcs this is the best rom. But this dialer I want it to be changed. So every now and then i search for the solution but ends up with nothing. Please help me.

I used b7300 dialer it works fine but this is slow in opening contacts and some other stuff.

Edited by singhpps