Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195

@George_red_storm: the first main difference would be the start button, 21893 has it up, and 28232 has it down. Not to say that they are different branches. 28232 is also more finger friendly. :(

@leunamme: yes, you can update the rom, but make sure you know how to flash it and have everything needed installed. After update you'll have the same rom version... I mean DXIA5/DXIA2. My roms don't contain the phone part, so you'll stick to DXIA2. :(... until you upgrade to a new one, if you want it. :(

Edited by steff195

Guest leunamme

hi steff, thanks for your reply, been following the procedures stated on this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-noob-friendly/

but to no luck, i can't make it work, been sitting here on my netbook for 3 hours...

btw.. im using Win 7, followed the detailed process, still says "Waiting for device"

do you have any simpler process to upgrade? thanks

Guest torpedro

Hello guys,

this rom is cool, but it had an annoying thing that i hate.

there's any way to change the background of the sms and installation screen? i hate that blue stripes in white background.

thank you

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Same 2 issues here (like most new WM6.5 new builds!), before even start "playing":

- The Samsung input doesn't supporting greek language... If I install an old GR-ENG_Samsung cab, made by Sector, will this solved?

- I've installed also the SPB keyboard... I went to Input Settings to make the nessesary keyboard options (languages, dectionaries, etc...) and when I pressed the Option button, the phone freezed and I had to make soft-reset, over & over again. I can't set the greek input...

Any solutions?

Guest leunamme

hi Steff.. thanks for informing me that your ROMs work only on XP... my mistake on not asking it before trying it out on my Win 7... anyway, been reading some threads first on Omnia flashing, since Im afraid I would end up bricking my phone just like the others..

Guest lupus_hegemonia
hi Steff.. thanks for informing me that your ROMs work only on XP... my mistake on not asking it before trying it out on my Win 7... anyway, been reading some threads first on Omnia flashing, since Im afraid I would end up bricking my phone just like the others..

Forget SEVENs... Stick on XPs!

Guest jms2367
For classic 6.5. interface lovers, 21893 released... see first post.

this is great steff. sadly i still can't flash my phone since i am waiting for the replacement lcd. for warranty purposes i have to stick w/ the original rom.

to the others who already tried this com2 build, any feedback please? :(

Guest leunamme

I tried flashing my phone using XP, installed all the necessary files/ drivers needed.. (Modem Driver, ActiveSync).

But I got "Read Error" message

PDA Device Found!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_READ_ERROR

Download failed!!

Please Help

Hi Steff

great work, i have been using ur Rom for a while. just one query is it possible to make windows lock screen kicks in automatically after specified seconds or minutes. i cant find any option to do that in and even lock option wih pw cant be enabled..

Guest Bucks_Fizz
I tried flashing my phone using XP, installed all the necessary files/ drivers needed.. (Modem Driver, ActiveSync).

But I got "Read Error" message

PDA Device Found!

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_READ_ERROR

Download failed!!

Please Help

Happened to me also - I just reset the phone and started again - worked. I think it is to do with the USB connection to the phone. Sometimes my VM takes to long to connect the phone?

Guest leunamme

Thanks Steff, finally I was able to upgrade my phone to your latest ROM.. looks really nice...

there are some questions to clarify, I can't make my Sounds and Notifications work, please help.

I added ring tones to the Applications/Sounds folder but still doesn't appear on the Ring tone list, and if I press Ok the Sounds and Notifications still shows up.. also I was trying to uncheck the "Display message on screen" check box, but no effects.

TIA

Guest steff195

@torpedro: try to select a theme from the existing ones (one you like most)... it acts now like no theme is selected. And there you have it then!

@RoyJ: unfortunately no...

@leunamme: glad you finally made it. You have to put your songs under My Storage... just like that, and there you'll have them!

Guest A2Jay

Hi steff! great rom! really fast and responsive! I have a problem with the COM2 build though, and I don't know if any has brought this up.. when I tap "Start" and rotate the display to landscape mode, instead of the icons spreading out to usually 5 icon columns, it just shows 3 columns! There's a lot of empty space at the left and right, and the icons are concentrated in a narrow 3 column order, like they were fixed in portrait mode even when the display has been rotated to landscape? Any solution to this? Thanks, keep cookin'!

Guest steff195

Yeah, I notice this too, it began when I decided to introduce the big start menu icons with Se7en theme. When I used small icons all things were cool. I don't know how could I fix that... and, frankly, I don't stress myself too much with that, I rarely use landscape mode, and even when I do, it doesn't bother me that much. :(

Now, as news: check first post: 25007 both version released today! :(

Edited by steff195

Guest Bucks_Fizz

Hi Stef,

Loaded the rom. Couple of issues:

1. Bluetooth voice dialling no longer works (using parrot car kit)

2. Only one alarm tone? (Alarm 2)

3. Weather cannot update

Any suggestions?

Guest ygorigor

ROM 28232 M2Dv2:

1. Bluetooth file transfer from PC to Omnia not working and no bluetooth icon on taskbar.

2. Can't add new gprs connection

how can i fix that?

thanks !

Guest jms2367
Hi steff! great rom! really fast and responsive! I have a problem with the COM2 build though, and I don't know if any has brought this up.. when I tap "Start" and rotate the display to landscape mode, instead of the icons spreading out to usually 5 icon columns, it just shows 3 columns! There's a lot of empty space at the left and right, and the icons are concentrated in a narrow 3 column order, like they were fixed in portrait mode even when the display has been rotated to landscape? Any solution to this? Thanks, keep cookin'!

you may try the cab file i attached below. i haven't tested it on steff's 21893 rom yet though. as i posted earlier, i have to stick with the default rom for warranty purposes while i am waiting for the replacement part for my lcd. glad to hear that steff's rom is as responsive as i had tested way back. can't wait to try out this rom once my lcd is replaced.

SmallIcons.cab

Guest A2Jay
you may try the cab file i attached below. i haven't tested it on steff's 21893 rom yet though. as i posted earlier, i have to stick with the default rom for warranty purposes while i am waiting for the replacement part for my lcd. glad to hear that steff's rom is as responsive as i had tested way back. can't wait to try out this rom once my lcd is replaced.

well, i tested this cab, and it did make my icon layout in landscape spread out to 5 columns, but the icons were way too small for my taste. so i opened this cab up and took a look at the contents. i also got a large icons cab and opened that too and compared contents. it seems that in the StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.cpr from the rom, there was an attribute "columns" that had the value set to 3. this was the same as StartMenu_GridScene_240x400.cpr from the rom, which essentially forced the display to render in 3 columns regardless of orientation. in the small icons cab, this attribute was missing, so i edited this StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.cpr, copied over to \Windows and soft-reset my device... and voila! large icons spread out perfectly in landscape mode! i attached the modified .cpr file here for anyone who might like to get their icons displayed correctly in whichever orientation.

maybe you can cook this into your roms, steff! with this, i now have just one word on your COM2 build 21893 rom: perfect! <_< thanks jms2367 for pointing me in the right direction!

StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.rar

Edited by A2Jay