Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest AnhPhe
ROM 28232 M2Dv2:

1. Bluetooth file transfer from PC to Omnia not working and no bluetooth icon on taskbar.

2. Can't add new gprs connection

how can i fix that?

thanks !

Bluetooth file send Ok but no receive! No known!

fix BluetoothIconNotifier

BluetoothIconNotifier.CAB

Guest jms2367
well, i tested this cab, and it did make my icon layout in landscape spread out to 5 columns, but the icons were way too small for my taste. so i opened this cab up and took a look at the contents. i also got a large icons cab and opened that too and compared contents. it seems that in the StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.cpr from the rom, there was an attribute "columns" that had the value set to 3. this was the same as StartMenu_GridScene_240x400.cpr from the rom, which essentially forced the display to render in 3 columns regardless of orientation. in the small icons cab, this attribute was missing, so i edited this StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.cpr, copied over to \Windows and soft-reset my device... and voila! large icons spread out perfectly in landscape mode! i attached the modified .cpr file here for anyone who might like to get their icons displayed correctly in whichever orientation.

maybe you can cook this into your roms, steff! with this, i now have just one word on your COM2 build 21893 rom: perfect! <_< thanks jms2367 for pointing me in the right direction!

that is good news! now i really want to try out this rom. great work steff as always!

Tks for the rom

testing it now the latest version

seems like there is some bugs

1. incoming call cant see the fonts, being masked by black color. some design color issue?

2. WKtask cant be used - any alternative recommendations?

tks again..

ill quote this same post soon..

Hi, just tried your rom, looks very nice!

Things I noticed;

- Opera not installed anymore? (not really a problem, version 10 can ben downloaded and installed manually)

- I use the Samsung Phone pad a lot, find it easier than the keyboard, but as in other custom roms, the phone pad doesn't work in some form/password fields in IE / Opera, you need to select the keyboard.. I heard it's an OS issue? can it be fixed?

- I also noticed that reply to an sms does not work, phone hangs.. after some searching on the net, I found a reg tweak to fix that..

But overal very nice work! thanks

Guest leunamme

Been using the ROM for few days now.... love the ROM, but taking me some time to set it up, installing all apps I need,.. but Im having fun customizing it...

Thanks Steff

Guest krugerjq

Hi There

Very nice rom. Looks like there is a small bug in the sms messaging. When replying to a SMS it freezes. Have to press Red phone button to unfreeze the phone. Any Ideas how to fix this. Is it possible to make one without threaded SMS?

Regards

Guest steff195

@hrk: I don't know about your first problem, didn't touch those fonts and stuff.... about the 2nd, Showcase does the trick instead of WK task, it's already cooked in.... just long press on the start button and it's there.... or make a shortcut, or assign it to a button or something... :D

@M078: I decided not to install any such app like Opera and stuff as they keep getting new releases and once I cook a version into a rom, it would get old and dusty in time. :D I prefer leaving my roms clean instead of fattening them with all kinds of stuff. You'll have to install it yourself.<_<

About that Samsung Phonepad, I don't use it, but I remember I tested it at once and worked great.

Regarding that SMS reply problem, I know about it... I already had cooked in a fix, but it seems it doesn't do the trick, so I searched for another fix, and found one, which will be added in my next releases. :mellow: Thanks for feedback though, this way I can improve my roms. :(

@krugerjq: read above... the last paragraph.

Edited by steff195

Guest leunamme
Hi There

Very nice rom. Looks like there is a small bug in the sms messaging. When replying to a SMS it freezes. Have to press Red phone button to unfreeze the phone. Any Ideas how to fix this. Is it possible to make one without threaded SMS?

Regards

Yes, i experience this too... Steff you have a quick fix for this, even registry tweak?

thanks steff for keeping the ROMs clean, i like the idea of not installing large apps specially if they are updated often.. I love customizing your ROM... Keep up the good work..

thanks so much

Guest woody2k
Hi, just tried your rom, looks very nice!

Things I noticed;

- Opera not installed anymore? (not really a problem, version 10 can ben downloaded and installed manually)

- I use the Samsung Phone pad a lot, find it easier than the keyboard, but as in other custom roms, the phone pad doesn't work in some form/password fields in IE / Opera, you need to select the keyboard.. I heard it's an OS issue? can it be fixed?

- I also noticed that reply to an sms does not work, phone hangs.. after some searching on the net, I found a reg tweak to fix that..

But overal very nice work! thanks

Whats the tweak for the SMS?

Steff have tried your Cab on the 28232 M2D build, works but is real slow. Takes about 30 seconds from hiting the reply (person with arrow) button to when the message is ready to type

Guest woody2k
Try this! I didn't get to try it though. <_<

Sorry Steff didnt realise it was sectors SMS fix. After playing with it for a while it still doesnt work. have tried this cab before. Some peole mention changing the registry in Microsoft from MMS.dll to htmlnote.dll but this did nothing for me either

Edited by woody2k

Guest X-pro
Sorry Steff didnt realise it was sectors SMS fix. After playing with it for a while it still doesnt work. have tried this cab before. Some peole mention changing the registry in Microsoft from MMS.dll to htmlnote.dll but this did nothing for me either

you could try this but i'am not sure if it needs to be cooked or you just can over write the files

MMS1.0.0.75.rar

Tks for the rom

testing it now the latest version

seems like there is some bugs

1. incoming call cant see the fonts, being masked by black color. some design color issue? -

2. WKtask cant be used - any alternative recommendations? -Ok. lets use the alternative Showcase.

tks again..

ill quote this same post soon..

3, It seems cant connect to wifi. been trying for 2 days <_<

thanks

Guest steff195

@jmsmartins: thanks dude, tested earlier and it seems that it works. I'll include this in my roms. <_<

@hrk: for me it works flawlessly.

@George_red_storm: they are different branches...

@AnhPhe: tested video again. Result: it works for me.

Tested bluetooth again: Result: it also works. :mellow:

@jmsmartins: thanks dude, tested earlier and it seems that it works. I'll include this in my roms. <_<

@hrk: for me it works flawlessly.

@George_red_storm: they are different branches...

Tested bluetooth again: Result: it also works. :mellow:

Hi. Steff,

Yes. it works, i resorted to reboot my server,it works finally. thanks for the ROMS.

But i still have problem connecting to internet,

Opera MIni works Fine, but not others.. strange!

Is there any related files removed while cooking the rom.?

Seems like i m not the only one having this problem.

I m still not a fan of BLACK color. is the any nice BLUE color MD Theme?

I could google it but i m afraid of the comptabilities issue.

cheers

Edited by hrk

Hi Steff195 (and others ;-) ),

For the SMS reply I changed a reg-key: HKCU - Software - Microsoft - Inbox - MsgTypes - IPM - SMSText

Changed de value of the 'DLL' key from 'mms.dll' to 'htmlnote.dll'

This seemed to do the trick... I do noticed I don't get the screen 'Sending...' anymore... If you press send, it's gone immediatly and you return to the inbox..

Maybe it's of use to you.

As for the Phone pad.. yest it works very good, but you're not able to enter text in some password/user forms in IE and Opera...

You only have the numbers tab that is working.. the text tab is greyed out....

rgrds

M

Guest AnhPhe

Tested bluetooth again: Result: it also works. <_<

Thank Sefft195!

I u v28232 Bluetooth not file receive, Camera can't preview the video, It exit today M2D. i don't known .........why!! I flash Rom of Ryrzy it works. I don't like Rom Ryrzy.

Edited by AnhPhe

Guest barbarony62

Hello,

I installled 28232 M2Dv2: and love it.

However, in a typical newbee fasion I changed the backgorund picture in m2dc and now I cannot restore to original state (yes, I should have saved the theme before...)

is there any way for me to get m2d restored to the original state that Stef created without re-flashng? -- in other words, where is the original png, or how do I edit the registry to remove the setting I made (all I did was in medc, background tab, set a different png)

thanks

Hi. Steff,

Yes. it works, i resorted to reboot my server,it works finally. thanks for the ROMS.

But i still have problem connecting to internet,

Opera MIni works Fine, but not others.. strange!

Is there any related files removed while cooking the rom.?

Seems like i m not the only one having this problem.

I m still not a fan of BLACK color. is the any nice BLUE color MD Theme?

I could google it but i m afraid of the comptabilities issue.

cheers

OK. ULTIMATE and WEIRD SOLUTION i FOUND,

Settings/Connections/Operator Settings.

choose any other Operators, click OK. wait to load then back again to the same page and set ur actual OPERATOR.

it seems a WM6.5 Bug.

I m glad m problem is solved now. hope yours too,

i would like to share with the communities here.

Guest leunamme
Thank Sefft195!

I u v28232 Bluetooth not file receive, Camera can't review the video, It exit today M2D. i don't known .........why!! I flash Rom of Ryrzy it works. I don't like Rom Ryrzy.

same here, can't preview videos... im using v28232-Normal <_<