Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195

@woody2k: look man, I explained this before:

@francisac3: what about that? I can both preview and play my recorded video files normally. I even tried to shoot a video and preview it in the camera menu without installing a video player and it worked fine. If you wanna launch that video from the file explorer you have to associate the video files to a certain video player that you installed. Otherwise it won't work.

See bold writings. I tried it even with this last rom... and... it worked for me! I recorded even a longer video to see if any problem appeared, and it didn't.

Edited by steff195

Guest ebsbow

The rom does run video fine, but running them in the camera application doesn't work for me needer.

Also, Windows Media player does not recognize the MP4 format from the video recorder. I suppose thats where

the problem lies. ( MP4 runs fine in CorePlayer and it is associated to it as well)

I also found that the video recorder is an bit slower then before. Could it be the radio?

Guest cool_recep
do you have a winxp machine? try flashing your phone part as it may be related to that. steff's roms or most of the chefs roms here do not have the phone part. try to search around the forum for the best phone part. i tried updating my phone part before but i went back to the stock DXIA2 phone part for my region. be very careful in flashing the phone part though as you have a greater risk of bricking your phone. please follow all the safety precaution. i haven't tried using grandprix but i heard that flashing the phone part specially using grand prix has a greater risk of bricking your phone. so try the phone part updates for winxp that are in the exe format already.

Exactly. I have bricked my phone :P I will try flashing over XP. Damn it samsung! The world is using Windows 7 but samsung is in stone age.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Guest Mandrake333

Hey Steff thanks alot for this ROM. It's the first one I've flashed unto my Omnia, but so far I'm not looking for something new, because besides from a few things here and there I haven't had any problems.

I've set up a mirror with the newest version at http://mandrake.dk/roms/download.php?list.2 and I'll try to update it when newer versions are released.

Guest steff195

@ebsbow, francisac3 & everybody else: and what's the problem after all guys? Is that you can't preview the video in camera mode? You install a video playing app after all, ain't you? Or you just prefer to view the file in the video shooting mode and not to view it afterwards? :P C'mon... that's a minor thing... and after all: no official rom is perfect (made by professionals), so you expect mine or every other chef's to be perfect?

Sorry... :(

@Mandrake333: thanks! appreciate it! :(

Edited by steff195

Guest ronaldb3
I'm glad someone else except me confirms that the rom is playing video just fine. One might have said I was subjective when I said it played fine the video files. :P

I installed cab files for the original Omnia programs Media Album and Touch Player. Both play movies/videos I created/downloaded from my desktop great.

Steff- would Media Album be a good program to include in your roms as it handles photo albums, videos, etc.??

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest steff195

Ok, I'll consider this in my next releases. I also liked Media Album before, but I thought nobody would use it, with all Resco Photo Manager and other apps available for Omnia.

Edited by steff195

Guest rezafalah

hi steff

this rom is best

tanks for good rom

just problem in sms rebplay(no threaded )witch solution in 23544 ;please solution in other rom .

but i a problem in 23544

if in file camera.exe ; when view this video recorder 'this file =exit

please soluthion tish problem

very very tank you

i cant not speak english ! !!!!!!!!

Guest ronaldb3
Ok, I'll consider this in my next releases. I also liked Media Album before, but I thought nobody would use it, with all Resco Photo Manager and other apps available for Omnia.

Hi Steff,

In looking a little closer at Media Album it seems that for videos and music it just redirects to another program. WMP or whatever program is set for music and for video whatever is set for avi (Touch Player for me.). WMP is already there for music, but you might need to include a video player also (Touch Player is free and not too bad to use, or maybe you have a better one in mind). Or people can just add their own cabs.

Ron..

Guest Armand111

Hi,

yesterday I instaled the newest version of this ROM (22010 M2Dv2), it is the first version I have instaled on my Omnia. I really like your work, but everything is not doing as it should.

So what is the problem, it is the connection with GPRS. I make a new connection for GPRS, then I connect with it. So far so good, but now I can only update weather, if I run Internet Explorer, the windows comes up and says "Cannot Connect" - The connection has been ended. To change your ...

It just stopes the connection with GPRS. (with my 6.1 version GPRS worked fine).

That's all, keep the good work.

Guest ebsbow
@ebsbow, francisac3 & everybody else: and what's the problem after all guys? Is that you can't preview the video in camera mode? You install a video playing app after all, ain't you? Or you just prefer to view the file in the video shooting mode and not to view it afterwards? :P C'mon... that's a minor thing... and after all: no official rom is perfect (made by professionals), so you expect mine or every other chef's to be perfect?

Sorry... :(

@Mandrake333: thanks! appreciate it! B)

Hey steff195, we love your rom! :(

Its just very annoying when you make an video, you have to go to the explorer, then brows to the folder where the video is, then start it up,

then restart the camera app...

Then do all that again to make one good movie..

Very, very, annoying.

Different environment call for different settings ect.. and things just don't wait for you to set your camera.

And to be honest, its also a bit embarrassing to tell people why such an great device takes so long to...

Guest Trackerfire

Hi Steff195,

First of all, thanks for your amazing roms....

I've got a question for you. Is it possible to cook a version where you can setup

your language. For example I'm dutch so I need a dutch xt9. Someone else is

spanish, the need spanish xt9.

Can you build something like that, would love to see your rom with, for me, dutch

xt9 for messages.

Kind regards

Guest Mandrake333
Hi Steff195,

First of all, thanks for your amazing roms....

I've got a question for you. Is it possible to cook a version where you can setup

your language. For example I'm dutch so I need a dutch xt9. Someone else is

spanish, the need spanish xt9.

Can you build something like that, would love to see your rom with, for me, dutch

xt9 for messages.

Kind regards

If I understand what you mean it's already possible. I'm danish, so I've changed the XT9 to danish. In Settings -> Personal -> Input -> Options it is possible to set the XT9 to Dutch also

Edited by Mandrake333

Guest steff195

@Trackerfire: I could do a dutch rom, but not for free... don't misunderstand me, but it's hard enough to cook a rom in english, not to mention in dutch, where I have to deal with new language files, make the the whole settings from scratch... and I couldn't work for free... sorry.

Anyway, I kept thinking lately if I should cook roms anymore... first of all it's time taking, it doesn't give me any satisfaction or benefit, maybe a broken phone... because I have to flash every rom to see the results, if any problem appeared I have to fix it and again to flash the rom to check if everything is fixed, and so on... don't want you guys to think I'm a donations beggar, but right since I started cooking these roms I have barely received any donations (I wanna thank those guys!)... and that wouldn't even cover my service bill if my phone dies... I'm not even covered by warranty anymore...

This idea came from Cruddasj, when I read his lines, saying exact the same thing I mentioned here... he was right and it made me think about it. :P

Edited by steff195

Isn't being popular and famous on Modaco enough satisfaction? Your a superstar Chef and you've come along way with quality and reliability and a lot of people love your work. I know and understand how much time and risk you put into cooking but don't let donations reflect peoples respect and thoughts on yourself and your work.

My advice would be to not keep constantly cooking every build and only do the ones that have a major improvement which seems to be not very often and in fact some builds seem to go backwards sometimes.

It would be sad to see another great chef go as I have grown to love your work and I remember flashing to one of your ROM's when you first started cooking and it wasn't to my liking and didn't try your ROM's again until recently and when I did I was upset that I wasn't using your ROM's earlier as they were fast,reliable,looked the best and have all the apps that appeal to me and have been using your ROM's with complete confidence ever since! :P

Keep up the good work my friend!

Edited by Sb.

Guest Frapple

Morning all,

How are people handling YouTube videos with this ROM? I've tried Opera 10.3 + Enable Plugins, but no luck!

Thanks in advance.

Guest onslaught86
Anyway, I kept thinking lately if I should cook roms anymore... first of all it's time taking, it doesn't give me any satisfaction or benefit, maybe a broken phone... because I have to flash every rom to see the results, if any problem appeared I have to fix it and again to flash the rom to check if everything is fixed, and so on... don't want you guys to think I'm a donations beggar, but right since I started cooking these roms I have barely received any donations (I wanna thank those guys!)... and that wouldn't even cover my service bill if my phone dies... I'm not even covered by warranty anymore...

This idea came from Cruddasj, when I read his lines, saying exact the same thing I mentioned here... he was right and it made me think about it. :P

Well, I for one really appreciate the ROMs. They're fast, reliable, and devoid of bloatware. The regular updates are great too, although perhaps to echo what SB. said, every single build is probably overkill if there's no significant changes. Given the Omnia just seems to be holding on in the face of newer devices, it'd be sad to lose an excellent chef like yourself. Just let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Morning all,

How are people handling YouTube videos with this ROM? I've tried Opera 10.3 + Enable Plugins, but no luck!

Thanks in advance.

I just use the official YouTube app for that, heh.