Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195
Anyone else experiencing freezes?

Send quite a few SMS and had 5-10 freezes after sending the message, not a big problem as it's such a good rom but just making sure you're aware ;)

I myself noticed some minor lags when using this rom, but not when sending sms. Anyway, I think it's the build.

Using 22010 rom. Freezes up sometimes when using iGo8. I could easily believe that this is iGo problem and not rom, but don't know for sure.

Any thoughts on this from anyone?

Ron...

Didn't have that problem as far as I'm concerned.

im having the same problem (sometimes)... there are just those days that it freezes after sending a message (the most were about 5x)

any1 knows what could be the cause or even attach a link for the fix? ;)

but moreover this rom is great.. :P

Same answer as I gave to Frapple.

Here are my mirror links for the newest rom:

25014 Normal

25014 M2Dv2

Enjoy ;)

Thanks for the help. :P

looks good.. downloading now and will flash in the morning. will report back any major problems. roms are getting better and better.

They sure do. :P

Hi all,

As usual, here are our Direct Download Mirror links for:

25014 Normal

25014 M2Dv2

Thanks steff195 for GREAT ROM's!!

Advancedpcs :P

Appreciate it. Updated first post. :P

Stef your rom is the best ever..Only one question..How will i desable this lock?

I would like omnia's default..

Frankly, I don't remember an Omnia default lockscreen in 6.5.x. ...

Guest Staf1988i

You know i mean the standart lock..It s a bit stupid to scroll the green bar to answer.

We can do something?

*(Sorry for my bad english..I m from greece)*

Edited by Staf1988i

Guest Staf1988i

Hey Guys

I m calling and after the call it freezes.I m talking and this restarts..I m using 25014 normal.Anyone else with the same problem??

Please help!!

Steff help..

Edited by Staf1988i

Guest Barbbachello

My Omnia has decieded to no longer recieve txt messages. It can send them and make calls. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas?

EDIT: using a new ROM and it works fine

Edited by Barbbachello

Guest adnet

First of all I would like to thank You for great Roms, they're very good - especially last ones. Although I'm facing couple problems. Autorotation (can't live without it) sometimes work, sometimes not. Also camera starts randomly, and sometimes not at all, but there's something more. Twice I got hanged phone. Soft reset doesn't help - phone boots, but instead PIN screen I have immediately home screen with artifacts (like when overheated graphic card on PC) and no response. I had to perform hard reset, but another day, after installing some apps I got exactly the same problems. I want to emphasize, that after flashing I always do hard reset at least twice and I also format My Storage to make sure that I don't have any old files from previous installments.

Hope people that I'm only one experiencing this problems, cause Steff's Roms are really cool ;)

Guest adnet
First of all I would like to thank You for great Roms, they're very good - especially last ones. Although I'm facing couple problems. Autorotation (can't live without it) sometimes work, sometimes not. Also camera starts randomly, and sometimes not at all, but there's something more. Twice I got hanged phone. Soft reset doesn't help - phone boots, but instead PIN screen I have immediately home screen with artifacts (like when overheated graphic card on PC) and no response. I had to perform hard reset, but another day, after installing some apps I got exactly the same problems. I want to emphasize, that after flashing I always do hard reset at least twice and I also format My Storage to make sure that I don't have any old files from previous installments.

Hope people that I'm only one experiencing this problems, cause Steff's Roms are really cool ;)

Seams that Fls_touch for kinetic scrolling was causing such problems. It seams that program was already cooked it Rom, but I could not find any files to prove my suspections. But I remember that witch Ryrzy's Rom once I had exactly same problem - don't install that app if it's already cooked in Rom.

Guest hxkclan

Had a question about your last rom (25014). I just flashed it, but apparently since the last few version (or never?) there is no ''Internet Sharing'' anymore. Anyway to get it back?

Guest septic
"your version of windows mobile will expire in 14 days" ???????

what's that ?

I have the

18.03.2010: 23549 Normal/M2Dv2 released!

and i got this message.

something to worry ??????

Edited by septic

Steff, urgent help, Im using your normal 23545 rom & Im getting a msg that the copy of windows mobile expires in 14 days on 01/05/2010. I've done some research & seems something to do with shell32.exe. DO you have anything for this?

Thanks

Edit: Just noticed there are 2 more posters with the same issue.

Edited by sx1

Guest modacorule

@sx1

If I'm right, you just have to take the newer rom, because the one you have is based on an experimental core from windows mobile 6.5 (only ment for developers and testers, like a beta or a rc) and includes a timebomb which ends the first of May. I also had the same Problem. So hurry up and take the newer one, or your windows will stop working ;)

Correct me if i'm wrong.

And thanks for your awsome rom Steff, the best i've ever seen (appart this little problem ;) )

Greating

Guest steff195

I think you should try that registry deletion I posted before (a few pages back)... but if you have some patience you should wait for another release I'm planning later today, which has the latest fixes and tweakings... and of course, it doesn't have that trial problem. That was a mistake from me, I forgot to fix the trial version...

This new version, which I'm testing right now, seems to work better than 25014, a little faster also, plus I fixed some problems that caused some lags in that version. Just make sure to visit this thread later. ;)

Guest Stric

Yo

I deleted this in registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Device Beta]

But i still getting a messege that Windows will expire in 1st of May.

I will flash with you new ROM but i can't couse i don't have computer with XP.

So if you can make a some sort of update or something will be very nice ;)

@steff, are you talking about the registry deletion posted by Stric? I will try & delete it & see if it works, but as posted by him looks like it won't.

I don't mind installing a new rom but I still haven't gotten to how to save the installed files & not install all of them again. Is there any instructions on how to do it?

Thnx

Guest steff195

@sx1: yes, this was what I was talking about. If installing a new rom you have to install also all the programs.

Updated first post! Reason: as promised, I released 23114 Normal/M2Dv2. Pretty good roms, in my oppinion. ;)

Guest Alien-Tech

Just set SPB Shell on your 23114 Normal, tried some basics on it and after few hours of playing with it, my opinion is "No problems and fast as hell". I hope it'll hold to that.

Guest Alien-Tech

I know I mind find this somewhere, but how to install SRS WOW to have it visible somewhere, with icon and settings. I tried with AIO Security off and installation, but afterwards I cannot find it anywhere tough I see it is installed because Headphones are displayed in S2U2.