Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest bigfoune
I know I mind find this somewhere, but how to install SRS WOW to have it visible somewhere, with icon and settings. I tried with AIO Security off and installation, but afterwards I cannot find it anywhere tough I see it is installed because Headphones are displayed in S2U2.

srs wow is here!!!start/settings/system

Guest rendeiro2005

Hi Steff ;) ,

I

have to try it several times the roms posted here on MoDaCo over and over again and I've come to notice the following:

Of the many programs I install one of them is the game Gameloft PlatiniumSoltaire v1.0.3, this game has a considerable size (about 21Mb) and when I run the memory also consumes considerably.

I particularly like the game because it allows me to go play while I travel to work by public transport. (yea im not nutz ;) )

Now the problem is that if you're listening to music at the same time (no matter which program you use) always hear with huge cuts. This has to do with memory consumption.

Due to this fact and although si`ve been using the Pdhhe`s roms because it was the only rom that is not noticed either of these problems, however (and now starting to talk about your rom) your last rom allowed me exactly the same thing (FINALLY !!!!)

Which brings me to the following:

Excellent work because you are in fact the only cooker alongside the Pdhhe who was been able to cook a rom with an almost perfect memory usage.

Almost....not perfect and because of this i even think that you should get this game and do some tests to see for yourself and then you try starting to use memory more efficiently.

GOOD JOB MAN!!!

Guest steff195

Thanks dude!

I was planning to release today another version, 23563, but after cooking and testing I decided it's not worth releasing, it's too slow, and had some weird problems. I also had nice new stuff cooked in this new rom, but I'll leave the surprise to the next roms. ;)

Edit:

Another thing I've noticed: I keep looking at the number of downloads of each release, they keep growing, they are hundreds now, but all I get is a few thanks, not to mention donations anymore. So, what some of you were saying few pages before about gratitude?...

Edited by steff195

Guest cenzo

Hi Steff,

Just like a big thank you for build 25014 normal, best rom I've tested so far, so i thought I'd upgrade to your latest and found a bug (possible).

On first boot titanium did not start so i went to start and selected window default and all good. However the text plugin has some obscure text overlapping the word text with "No Not"

I have hard reset same issue. I'm in the process of reflashing.

Cheers Cenzo

Re Flashed and all working exept the on 1st boot titanum not set has default.

looks realy nice so far, good job ;)

Edited by cenzo

Guest steff195

Hi cenzo!

I wondered when you guys were going to ask me about this Titanium thing ;) . It's not a bug; here's the story, each time I release a rom I cook Normal version first and then the M2Dv2 one. For the Manilla to start in the Manilla version I have to disable Titanium. This time I did it this way too, but when I found some problems in roms I recooked the both versions, but I forgot to make that change in the Normal version, for the Titanium to start, so that's why Titanium doesn't start, it's left this way (to off position) since I cooked the M2Dv2 version, but you cand enable it from the Settings.

However I didn't understand the text issue... can you explain so I can take a look? Thanks!

Edited by steff195

Guest Argyelus

Hi steff!

This is the first time I tried your rom, specifically the 23114 Normal rom.

Basically I am a big fan of the 231** build. These builds are considerably faster, more stable, has a better power management and a great performance!

I made the rom flash yesterday evening, till now I do not have any problems! Using SPB MS without any issue.

Thanks for this great rom!!

Also have two questions:

-Is it possible to get any ultra light rom of 231** build

-Did you put any Battery enhancement registry tweaks in your 23114 rom?

Thanks for your answer and for your effort for cooking your roms!

Guest Forseakyn

The 23114 (NORMAL) build is sending the same textmessage multiple times (sometimes), anyone has had this issue aswell?

I am trying a hard reset now.

Edited by Forseakyn

Guest Forseakyn
The 23114 (NORMAL) build is sending the same textmessage multiple times (sometimes), anyone has had this issue aswell?

The hard reset did not work. The phone is still sending the textmessage multiple times (but not always).

Guest Frapple
The hard reset did not work. The phone is still sending the textmessage multiple times (but not always).

People have said this to me too, doesn't appear my end that there's two texts gone but they receive two.

Having a lot of connectivity trouble with the previous build IE/Opera will randomly stop working as if there's no connection, active sync remains unaffected =/

Will try the latest build next week.

Guest septic

steff, can you include the battery driver that displays the accurate status up to each decimal ?

sector used to have this in his roms..

i think now the battery goes up and down in the scale of + - 10 and not - + 1

thanks.

Guest owieowie
People have said this to me too, doesn't appear my end that there's two texts gone but they receive two.

Having a lot of connectivity trouble with the previous build IE/Opera will randomly stop working as if there's no connection, active sync remains unaffected =/

Will try the latest build next week.

Yes, this happened to me also in build 25014 M2Dv2 . Someone got 7 texts when I sent only one. Lucky my texts are free! I haven't sent many from build 23114 M2Dv2 so it hasn't happened yet.

I also have connectivity problem intermittently with any build I have tried. After a while the connection just dies. I either have to reset or change operator to something else then back again in order to get data connection back. I thought it was just my provider (Virgin au). Then I thought it might be M2Dv2 so I tried 'normal' build and it happened with that also. I have only had data plan since I started flashing my Omnia, 2 months ago so I'm not sure what 'normal' behavior is supposed to be. It just tries to connect, then fails with an error.

Steff, even with the above issues, 23114 is a great build. Solid and fast. Well done!

Guest Forseakyn
Yes, this happened to me also in build 25014 M2Dv2 . Someone got 7 texts when I sent only one. Lucky my texts are free! I haven't sent many from build 23114 M2Dv2 so it hasn't happened yet.

I also have connectivity problem intermittently with any build I have tried. After a while the connection just dies. I either have to reset or change operator to something else then back again in order to get data connection back. I thought it was just my provider (Virgin au). Then I thought it might be M2Dv2 so I tried 'normal' build and it happened with that also. I have only had data plan since I started flashing my Omnia, 2 months ago so I'm not sure what 'normal' behavior is supposed to be. It just tries to connect, then fails with an error.

Steff, even with the above issues, 23114 is a great build. Solid and fast. Well done!

Maybe you need to leave the text message open for 3-6 seconds after you pressed send. Its kinda a crap solution but it might work. I am testing this right now.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ed/#entry985583

Guest steff195
Hi steff!

This is the first time I tried your rom, specifically the 23114 Normal rom.

Basically I am a big fan of the 231** build. These builds are considerably faster, more stable, has a better power management and a great performance!

I made the rom flash yesterday evening, till now I do not have any problems! Using SPB MS without any issue.

Thanks for this great rom!!

Also have two questions:

-Is it possible to get any ultra light rom of 231** build

-Did you put any Battery enhancement registry tweaks in your 23114 rom?

Thanks for your answer and for your effort for cooking your roms!

I cannot go lighter than this without affecting the rom functionality... I keep trying to find unnecessary files and remove them, but I kinda removed everything...

About the second question, I don't trust this... do you think it's worth cooking? If many of you consider this is worthy, I will include it. ;)

I rang all my friends to whom I've sent messages and asked them about a possible multiple message sending and they replide they received only one message. I tried this before. Sorry, don't know what to say...

Hello,

My 3g connection don't work

Why is that ??

It works fine for me, you can see from the screenshots.... try another phone part... maybe there's the problem. My roms don't have that phone part included.

steff, can you include the battery driver that displays the accurate status up to each decimal ?

sector used to have this in his roms..

i think now the battery goes up and down in the scale of + - 10 and not - + 1

thanks.

Man, I don't know, I saw many people complaining about its accuracy... then, what's the point, if it's useless?

Domn Director, ;) do you have a cab for the Home Connect app that will work with this build?

Thank you

Robert

No, but if I find one, I'll let you know.

Edited by steff195

Guest ronaldb3

Hi Guys,

Just flashed latest. Now I cannot run any cab files. Get "unsuccessful" message.

I remember something like this from long ago but have forgotten the fix.

Any help.

Thanks... Ron...

Guest paddy086

Hi steff195

I love your cooked rom im using 23114 M2Dv2

its the first time i have used one of your roms i have a question

about my text messages i dont get a sound notifications when i receve a test message.

i went to the win logo-settings-sound & notifications-went across to events selected the drop down menu selected Messaging: New text message

tick play sound box selected a sound tick Display message on screen

flash light for 5mins

and vibrate

but when i get a text message the phone dosent vibrate or play sound. and the notification is the number 1 on the lock symble

can you help me please

Thank you so much for the cool rom

Edited by paddy086

Guest smic717394

Hi Steff,

Media player cant play any movies or mp3, I installed Touch Player but it only plays mp3 and not divx, do I need to install any codecs to use media player?