Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195
Hi Steff

Can u share your solution for bluetooth transfer.

I Cooking a ROM and have trouble with bluetooth transfer

thanks

You might think I'm joking or I don't want to share this solution, but believe me, I don't remember what I've done to make bluetooth work. It's kinda embarassing, I know, you probably think I'm faking it, but I'm not... I will find the solution, and PM you. So, please, have a little patience. :huh:

Hi Guys,

Just flashed latest. Now I cannot run any cab files. Get "unsuccessful" message.

I remember something like this from long ago but have forgotten the fix.

Any help.

Thanks... Ron...

C'mon man, are you serious? I'm using the same rom , and I was able to set up the phone with my favorite apps.

Hi steff195

I love your cooked rom im using 23114 M2Dv2

its the first time i have used one of your roms i have a question

about my text messages i dont get a sound notifications when i receve a test message.

i went to the win logo-settings-sound & notifications-went across to events selected the drop down menu selected Messaging: New text message

tick play sound box selected a sound tick Display message on screen

flash light for 5mins

and vibrate

but when i get a text message the phone dosent vibrate or play sound. and the notification is the number 1 on the lock symble

can you help me please

Thank you so much for the cool rom

Try a hard reset... it helps sometimes after flashing. I don't have other solution...it seems you checked everything...

Hi Steff,

Media player cant play any movies or mp3, I installed Touch Player but it only plays mp3 and not divx, do I need to install any codecs to use media player?

No, you don't need to install any codec, just make sure you associated the files with Touch Player. But I would suggest you to install TCPMP or Core Player for video files. They are better. :P

Guest smic717394
No, you don't need to install any codec, just make sure you associated the files with Touch Player. But I would suggest you to install TCPMP or Core Player for video files. They are better. :huh:

Touch Player doesn't play them either, I installed yesterday latest version of Core Player and it plays fine, but if the motion sensor is on, when I play the videos and turn the phone landscape the video look really crap, i will try the TCPMP or disable the motion sensor, i noticed that touchflo is also not compatible with landscape mode. :P but this I new before, anyway rom looks excellent.

Guest ronaldb3
Hi Guys,

Just flashed latest. Now I cannot run any cab files. Get "unsuccessful" message.

I remember something like this from long ago but have forgotten the fix.

Any help.

Thanks... Ron...

C'mon man, are you serious? I'm using the same rom , and I was able to set up the phone with my favorite apps.

Hi Steff,

Yes, I am serious. Wouldn't kid you on this as I am not a newbie here (see the stars. While I can't cook :huh: , I have been flashing Omnia for a couple of years.).

I have tried several hard resets, reflashing and even redownloading from a mirror.

I have actually gone back to 22010 temporarily because of this. A flash and SPB restore worked OK for this.

I am starting to think this is being caused by my restoring my apps using Sashimi and SPB Backup/Restore (tried all the levels) to a rom of a different series/family.

This technique worked when I first upgraded to 22010 (and then going back to 22010) with no problems.

If this is the case, I will have to restore my extra apps and their settings one at a time from scratch. Not insurmountable, just a pain.

Roms are getting smoother all the time. Like the htc Calc. Keep it up. I'll try and move forward with you.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest steff195

Hi Ron, just to let you know, I didn't consider you a newb.... :huh:

Maybe that could be your problem, try to install all from scratch. I never restore a backup from a build to another... I've notice long ago it doesn't work....

Guest steff195

Hey guys, it seems this version has the camera font problem. It seems that I missed it this time. :blink: I'll take care of this and upload the new files.

Thanks for understanding. :huh:

Later Edit: Problem solved, links updated! :P

Edited by steff195

Guest guybrush threepwood
Hey guys, it seems this version has the camera font problem. It seems that I missed it this time. :blink: I'll take care of this and upload the new files.

Thanks for understanding. :huh:

Later Edit: Problem solved, links updated! :P

Hi, for 24011

Does regional settings include turkey?

Edited by guybrush threepwood

Hey steff thanks for the latest version, downloading it now. Hpe it won't have the problems of earlier one where it says the copy of winmo will expire.

Guest HTP123

Hey Steff, This rom is great, so far there isn't any major problem to me. Great stuff. Good job.

However, I wish you could cook in the photos & pictures viewer, and i am having difficulties installing srs wow hd.. Any help?

Guest smic717394

It works great, but I noticed that the problem with WMP and TouchPlayer not playing video is only in the M2D version, in the Normal version video works great. Not been able to play videos with WMP is not big deal deal, the problem is that after you shoot a video if you press play on the preview screen the application closes, i guess it uses WMP.

Guest Vajira

hi steff195 and others

im willing to flash my omnia with this latest ROM(Win7 look). but before that i want to know,

does Omnia's touch player work with this ROM?

also Omnia's widget bar(both landscape & portrait modes)..?

how much device memory this ROM has?

im currently using Ryrzy WinMo 6.5 latest rom. but it has some bugs with Omnia's touch player and other media players including windows media player.

pls provide me these information asap.

tnx

Vajira

opera 10 and opera mini5 beta not work...only IE. :huh:

Opera mobile 10 and opera mini 5 work fine for me on 24011 M2Dv2. Also Skyfire browser works very well, worth trying.

Edited by 2001

Guest ciayko

Hi Steff,

Your Normal Rom version is great but...why so small up & bottom scroller in context menu?!?

I cant use my finger to scroll menu... :huh:

Besides, in File Explorer, if I try to Send a file, a blank popup shows up (see img attached).

Regards

post-236398-1272469388_thumb.jpg

Edited by ciayko

Guest steff195
Hey Steff, This rom is great, so far there isn't any major problem to me. Great stuff. Good job.

However, I wish you could cook in the photos & pictures viewer, and i am having difficulties installing srs wow hd.. Any help?

I already tested the files for the next releases, on a actual build, of course, and pictures & videos, contents manager (aka Media Album)+ few other useful things are included. :P So, be sure to check my next release.:o

It works great, but I noticed that the problem with WMP and TouchPlayer not playing video is only in the M2D version, in the Normal version video works great. Not been able to play videos with WMP is not big deal deal, the problem is that after you shoot a video if you press play on the preview screen the application closes, i guess it uses WMP.

I think something in Manilla causes that, didn't find out what. Sorry!

opera 10 and opera mini5 beta not work...only IE. :huh:

They both work for me. Are you sure you didn't miss anything?

Opera mobile 10 and opera mini 5 work fine for me on 24011 M2Dv2. Also Skyfire browser works very well, worth trying.

Yeah, I was saying that too. :blink:

Hi Steff,

Your Normal Rom version is great but...why so small up & bottom scroller in context menu?!?

I cant use my finger to scroll menu... :D

Besides, in File Explorer, if I try to Send a file, a blank popup shows up (see img attached).

Regards

You mean the up & down arrows? That's how the theme is... I can't modify it, for it will look ugly then. Anyway, I'm using the scrolling method, don't quite use those arrows.

About the 2nd problem, didn't meet it until now... will take a look.

Guest FelipeRRM

Hey, awesome ROMs, download 25014 and it works flawlesly.

Thing is, isn't 28232 supposed to be newer? You posted it before the version I downloaded, but it's number is "higher", that's why I think it's newer.

PS: M2Dv2 ROM.

Guest Raja Virk

Hi steff i installed 24011 ROM and is working fantasic except 1 little probem...its something to do with sms's ....i can only see sms in manila tab ...but in the actual message inbox there are no sms shown ...was just wondering if u aware of this problem....otherwise this rom is best..love the interface and works fantastic.....thanks

Guest Vajira

hi steff195 and others

im willing to flash my omnia with this latest ROM(Win7 look). but before that i want to know,

does Omnia's touch player work with this ROM?

also Omnia's widget bar(both landscape & portrait modes)..?

how much device memory this ROM has?

im currently using Ryrzy WinMo 6.5 latest rom. but it has some bugs with Omnia's touch player and other media players including windows media player.

pls provide me these information asap.

tnx

Vajira