Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest lutharigno

Will give the new rom a try. really impressed with the improvements your making. Not sure about the WM volume control though. It's functional but not very sexy! :P

Guest steff195
flashed your m2d v2 rom to my omnia.very impressive! but im having trouble with connecting to internet though its already connected to a wireless network. any help is highly appreciated. thanks and more roms to come.

Don't know what to say, but it works for me. Check again your settings... maybe you're doing something wrong.

Will give the new rom a try. really impressed with the improvements your making. Not sure about the WM volume control though. It's functional but not very sexy! :D

You can replace it anytime with S2U2 one, for example. I do. :P Anyway, If I have to choose between WM and the Samsung volume control, I'll choose the first. The Samsung one looks like... you know . :P

Guest anpu
flashed your m2d v2 rom to my omnia.very impressive! but im having trouble with connecting to internet though its already connected to a wireless network. any help is highly appreciated. thanks and more roms to come.

try selecting another operator (not yours) and leave the phone trying to connetct for a minute or two! than select your own (home) mobile operator and try connect the internet again (on gprs or 3G). It worked for me always.

but if the phone is connected to a wifi it won't connect on gprs or 3G.

regards

Guest anpu

hi all!

I just flashed my omnia with normal rom and have a few wuestions because i was m2d user and trying out the normal one :P

1. can i add a weather tab?

2. does S2U2 work?

3. Where can i find settings to add tabs in home screen?

tnx 4 answer

regards

Guest molko
How can i make a backup from my 6.1 Rom and restore on this one?

Hi Markox, i don't think u can especially because this is wm 6.5 and it's nearly totally different from 6.1.

As far as i know u can just backup your messages, contacts, appointments and call log using PIMbackup :)

Guest paddy086

steff195 what is the best rom to install now my last rom to install was 23114 m2dv2

Edited by paddy086

Guest steff195
steff195 what is the best rom to install now my last rom to install was 23114 m2dv2

Usually I improve my roms, so the later, the better. In other words my next rom will be the best rom to install. ;)

All I'm tryin' to say is that I'm planning another release later on, with (once again) many fixes and new apps.

Make sure to visit my thread again. :)

Guest Markox
As far as i know u can just backup your messages, contacts, appointments and call log using PIMbackup :D

Thank you :(

Now i've another problem: i've flashed the 28233 M2Dv2 version(great ROM, good work :(), when i turn off my device or made a soft reset the hour/date are resetted ;)

How can i solve this? :)

Guest steff195
Thank you :D

Now i've another problem: i've flashed the 28233 M2Dv2 version(great ROM, good work :(), when i turn off my device or made a soft reset the hour/date are resetted ;)

How can i solve this? :)

You'll have to do your customizations and after a few resets you can adjust the date/time, then they will stay... for some strange reason they don't remain from the first try.

Now... 22018 both versions released, see first post. :(

Guest Markox
You'll have to do your customizations and after a few resets you can adjust the date/time, then they will stay... for some strange reason they don't remain from the first try.

Now... 22018 both versions released, see first post. :)

You're great, for both reason ;)

Guest molko
---CUT---

- In M2Dv2 version you will have to install this fix for Home Weather to work. Tried to include it in rom, but gave me an error;

Where it should be installed? device or my storage?

And then.. is it possible to change the calendar using the one from omnia II? I mean i have installed the calendar from omnia II and i would like to lauch this when i tap on "calendar" on Manila.

I hope i was clear enough... :)

Edited by molko

Guest molko
Where it should be installed? device or my storage?

And then.. is it possible to change the calendar using the one from omnia II? I mean i have installed the calendar from omnia II and i would like to lauch this when i tap on "calendar" on Manila.

I hope i was clear enough... ;)

Another question...with the latest rom my omnia doesn't play mp3 ringtone... how is it possible?

It says that the ringtone is corrupted or unavailable... :)

Edited by molko

Guest steff195

How's that? C'mon... you have to enter the Nitrogen settings and assign the audio formats to this player... do I have to do it all for you guys? :) ;)

Guest molko

Mm ok i'll try it :)

And what about my other question?

I hope i was clear enough... ;)

Guest steff195
Mm ok i'll try it :)

And what about my other question?

Don't quite know... I don't use M2D2.

Can someone explain me the differences between the 22xxx, 23xxx, 24xxx, 25xxx and 28xxx builds?

Thanks ^^

Check the first post, at the bottom.

Guest molko

Ok, let's try to give some feedbacks and impressions about these last two roms.

For first i tried the latest rom 22018 m2dv2 and it's not stable at all, not usable, not friendly, it gave me a lot of problems like ringtone corrupted (if i try to play with nitrogen it works as ringtone not), XDA_UC not working, or manila dead after i unlock the screen.

But i have to say that it's a nice idea to include in rom the new google maps and the XDA_shutdown: would be a nice idea if u could post the cabs especially the skin of XDA_shutdown i liked a lot :)

Then i decided to go back to 28233 m2dv2 and i must say that i'm totally satisfied i think it's a nice rom, pretty fast, usable and reactive even if the ram isn't too much, but we know this is a problem of manila on our OMNIA ;)

Now to answer to some questions:

the wheater fix should be installed in my storage, i installed for first in device and i had a lot of trouble, so hard reset and installed in my storage and now works like a charm;

for people who wants to change the default application on manila like clock, or calendar i used this solution:

SSMaHo

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493810

So that's all :D

In a short time i will also try Tom Tom and i will tell u how and if it works :(

Edited by molko

Guest GreenOmnia

Hi!

I'm kind of new at using roms (totaly new x) ) and I would appreciate a little bit help :).

I don't know whether to install the M2Dv2 version or the Normal version. In fact, I don't even know that M2Dv2 is. Could anyone please tell me? (I guess that's a really silly question..because everyone seems to know that..xD)

And another thing - molko said, the last M2Dv2 rom was unstable .. is anyone else experiencing these problems? .. and what about the Normal one?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

Edited by GreenOmnia

Guest molko
Hi!

I'm kind of new at using roms (totaly new x) ) and I would appreciate a little bit help :).

I don't know whether to install the M2Dv2 version or the Normal version. In fact, I don't even know that M2Dv2 is. Could anyone please tell me? (I guess that's a really silly question..because everyone seems to know that..xD)

And another thing - molko said, the last M2Dv2 rom was unstable .. is anyone else experiencing these problems? .. and what about the Normal one?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

Nice question.. :D

Well, i think that in this case google can help u about manila (aka M2Dv2 version) and titaniun (aka Normal version) because it's not easy to to explain that in two words...

I can just say that they are two different "looks" for your device with a lot of different features that u should experience to really understand what u prefer.

For the rest let's wait other feedback's, as u know i'm using the 28233 and right now works like a charm, including Tom Tom after the registry editing found on this forum.

Guest steff195

Hi guys!

In this last roms, as you noticed yourself, I introduced some new programs, so they might cause some conflicts with Manilla in the Manilla version. If you remember, I said not so long ago that I would rather not cook the Manilla v2. version, because of the problems it caused.

I, personally use the Normal version, as I'm not a great fan of this ported M2Dv2 version... it's not complete and buggy.

The Normal version works just fine, you won't have such problems in that version. I suggest the last one, 22018, as it has the latest additions/tweaks. :)

Guest molko

Well steff i hope u would never stop cooking manila also because i'm a strong fan of it and as i said it works good in the rom before the last and i didn't notice the bugs u meant.

Yes maybe the last M2dv2 rom isn't perfect but who cares if the others work very good :)