Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest dadanridwan

Hi Steff,

I was trying to use ROM "steff195_i900_6.5.X_24618_M2Dv2.exe" and install keyboard "Black keyboard bgill55.cab".

But the thing is, samsung keyboard didnt show up. Is there any configuration that i missed? i'm getting used to samsung keyboard lately, so, cant live without it :angry:

thx

Guest steff195
Greets steff!

I tried your roms a couple of times, but these always seemed to be a bit "full". Now with the new one, I would like to give it a try. However, I have a problem that persists and it is the web outlook e-mail account. For some reason it always gives an error. I cannot go without it! Could it be possible that you've removed some security settings or other important identification certificates that does not allow me to log on? Even ActiveSync on direct update with the server states an error something of the sort 800700... cannot remember the right code.

On another note, kudos on keeping the original Windows volume and removing the other keyboards ... SIPchange is a pain in the ... :angry:

Thanks for your work!

The latest roms may be a bit full, but, as I was explaining in the first post, I was trying to cook a complete rom, like the official ones, to have what most need in them, without filling them with all the s#$%. Now, to answer your question, I didn't touch certificates or stuff like that, I left them as they come by default. I don't know how to explain that problem.

Hi. I jus installed the new Rom. There is just 1 question i would like to ask.

I notice that when replying a newly received text message. i.e. the message comes in, the alert appears, i press reply. It doesnt going into threaded mode, but to the new message screen. Is there any way i can change it to entering the threaded mode automatically?

Thanks!

I don't use threaded mode, but I noticed it comes threaded by default... I don't get it why you don't get the same thing... I know that I switch it off with Advanced Configuration Tool everytime I install a new rom. Try to enable it using Advanced Configuration Tool, in the Message section.

Hi Steff,

I was trying to use ROM "steff195_i900_6.5.X_24618_M2Dv2.exe" and install keyboard "Black keyboard bgill55.cab".

But the thing is, samsung keyboard didnt show up. Is there any configuration that i missed? i'm getting used to samsung keyboard lately, so, cant live without it ;)

thx

Check the first post again, I edited it; I linked a new working cab of Samsung Keyboard. :D

@all: new changes coming soon in my roms... the roms are ready already (I'm already using one of them cooked on another build) but I'm waiting for a new good build to release them.

Edited by steff195

Guest melburnian

Hi Steff195

I downloaded and tested your ROM out and I must said it is a nice ROM. It is clean and didn't have any problems I can see or notice.

Great work! Thanks for all your hard work!

Guest killeriq

please include

DailUp Enabler is very usefull aplication for enable/disable internet while ur abroad

Also Finger Keyb 2.1 ?

thx :angry:

Guest melburnian
please include

DailUp Enabler is very usefull aplication for enable/disable internet while ur abroad

Also Finger Keyb 2.1 ?

thx :(

You can always install it about part of your setup? :(

Guest mide74

I can't download the latest rom.

When I click the normal link it takes me to http://www.fileshare.ro/7317342240.6/ but when I click the download button only a new page pop ups but no download starts or anything. I tried using different browsers, disable ABP in mozilla etc etc but no luck.

What am I doing wrong? (I also tried the mandrake mirror but after downloading that one I get a 'file is corrupt' error from winrar when extracting the file.........

Guest Pigot
I can't download the latest rom.

When I click the normal link it takes me to http://www.fileshare.ro/7317342240.6/ but when I click the download button only a new page pop ups but no download starts or anything. I tried using different browsers, disable ABP in mozilla etc etc but no luck.

What am I doing wrong? (I also tried the mandrake mirror but after downloading that one I get a 'file is corrupt' error from winrar when extracting the file.........

Hi steff, same for me... got the fileshare neverending page-pop, and bad-crc when unpacking mandrake... I'm using, original WinRAR 3.93 and don't understand what's wrong?

Anyway, first rom I've tested is really good for me, fast, efficient, with nice design everywhere (start-up screen, dialer, etc.). After trying, 24618 normal, downloaded few weeks ago, I was looking for 24618 M2Dv2. I should have downloaded both flavour the first time :(

Regards,

Thierry

Edited by Pigot

Guest steff195

Don't know what's causing this to you guys, I've just tested this and it's working fine, downloaded and extracted without any error. :(

Guest Pigot
Don't know what's causing this to you guys, I've just tested this and it's working fine, downloaded and extracted without any error. :(

I've unrared the file despite CRC error, and flashed... Does'nt work, the flash is stuck on the device by mid process (green rule progress is stopped) even if the flash seems continuing on the PC. At the end, the smarphone reboot, but screen remain black forever, except Omnia logo.

Only way is to flash again with my 'old' 24618 normal...

Have you check downloads from fileshare.ro ?

witch soft are you using to extract rar files ?

are you downloading on XP ?

regards,

Thierry

post-337683-1280155513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pigot

Guest steff195

Dear Pigot, in my previous reply I said I checked the fileshare links and they worked just fine. They extracted fine as well. You'll have to trust me, I'm a man of honor. :( I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, but I don't think it's the OS' fault. I'm using WinRar also (v 3.93, I think it's the latest).

My advice is to try to download again, check the WinRar (or maybe reinstall it) and I'm sure you'll be able to flash the M2Dv2 version as well. :P

If you still can't solve this, please let me know and I'll try to mirror it... is rapidshare fine for you? I have a premium account and I can upload it... I used to upload my files on rapidshare before, but many users complained about rapidshare and thus I quit uploading my files there. Not to say fileshare is handy for me, I get great speeds, don't know why other guys complain about slow speed... could it be my location that get me such great speeds?... I don't know, but it's useful when I don't have time to sit and upload. I think you get me.... :(

Edited by steff195

Guest mide74

downloaded the mandrake mirror a few times now but still this is what I get when extracting it:

! E:\PDA\Roms\steff195_i900_6.5.X._24618.rar: CRC failed in steff195_i900_6.5.X._24618.exe. The file is corrupt

and again still when I try the other option I get multiple pop ups from other webpages but no download starts......

Edited by mide74

Guest Mandrake333

Hmm.. it seems that somehow the files on my have become corrupted even though I have tested them numerous times. For the time being I have disabled the new rom, while I'm replacing them with files which works. Hopefully that will do it, otherwise I'll have to dig a little deeper to find out what has caused it.

Guest Pigot
Dear Pigot, in my previous reply I said I checked the fileshare links and they worked just fine. They extracted fine as well. You'll have to trust me, I'm a man of honor. :( I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, but I don't think it's the OS' fault. I'm using WinRar also (v 3.93, I think it's the latest).

My advice is to try to download again, check the WinRar (or maybe reinstall it) and I'm sure you'll be able to flash the M2Dv2 version as well. :P

If you still can't solve this, please let me know and I'll try to mirror it... is rapidshare fine for you? I have a premium account and I can upload it... I used to upload my files on rapidshare before, but many users complained about rapidshare and thus I quit uploading my files there. Not to say fileshare is handy for me, I get great speeds, don't know why other guys complain about slow speed... could it be my location that get me such great speeds?... I don't know, but it's useful when I don't have time to sit and upload. I think you get me.... :(

Hi steff, off course, I trust you :P we're all men of honor, here, i guess!

But, I simply can't solve that (tried, Windows 7 Ultimate, Starter, and XP (VMWare). Something seems wrong in the pda.bin, but i can't be sure.

In France, rapidshare works good, would be perfect for me, but it seems Mandrake is checking the problem on his side...

Hmm.. it seems that somehow the files on my have become corrupted even though I have tested them numerous times. For the time being I have disabled the new rom, while I'm replacing them with files which works. Hopefully that will do it, otherwise I'll have to dig a little deeper to find out what has caused it.

As soon as the download links reapeer, I'll have a look on those RAR files.

It's great, many thanks to you all for being so reactive. Please, forgive my (fr)english.

Regards,

Thierry

Guest Mandrake333

Ok, I've uploaded and tested the files, and they should now be working. But please contact me if something goes wrong once again

Edited by Mandrake333

Guest Pigot
Ok, I've uploaded and tested the files, and they should now be working. But please contact me if something goes wrong once again

I just downloaded the two 24618 RAR files (normal/M2Dv2), and it works.

Everything 's order now. :( Thanks again :(

Regards,

Thierry

Edited by Pigot

Guest Mandrake333
I just downloaded the two 24618 RAR files (normal/M2Dv2), and it works.

Everything 's order now. :P Thanks again :(

Regards,

Thierry

Thanks for confirming that, hopefully everything will stay in order now :(

Guest Pigot
Thanks for confirming that, hopefully everything will stay in order now :P

Hi steff, mandrake, and all modaco folks,

Pretty bad news this morning (it's the morning now in Paris...). I check the links again, and the 'bad-crc' is back on both files. :(

I've kept those downloaded yesterday night, so I'm not in trouble. But it would be interesting to understand what happen (corrupted backup? virus? ...).

Let me know, when you've identified the source of this strange... bug! :(

regards,

Thierry

Edited by Pigot

Guest septic

any hints how to add video flash support on opera 10 ?

i had skyfire and everything was ok, but this does not support my country any more, and the program closes.

Guest Mandrake333
Hi steff, mandrake, and all modaco folks,

Pretty bad news this morning (it's the morning now in Paris...). I check the links again, and the 'bad-crc' is back on both files. :(

I've kept those downloaded yesterday night, so I'm not in trouble. But it would be interesting to understand what happen (corrupted backup? virus? ...).

Let me know, when you've identified the source of this strange... bug! :(

regards,

Thierry

I was a bit afraid it would happen again, I've once again deactivated the downloads, and I'll do a more thorough investigation into what is going on. But thanks very much for letting me know that they somehow got corrupted once again :P

I'll let you know once I know a little bit more about all this..

Guest steff195

24623, both versions, released on the first post... with rapishare mirror. Enjoy, this could be my last roms out. :(

Edited by steff195

Guest TeZeu87

Hello, grate work on all your ROM´s.

I put a rom in my i900 omnia and no sound is playing when some wane call´s me. I will like to use your latest version but I don´t know the difference between 24623 Norma and 24623 M2Dv2, what is the difference and what do you recommend.

10x

Edited by TeZeu87

Guest corpisa
24623, both versions, released on the first post... with rapishare mirror. Enjoy, this could be my last roms out. :P

Chef, is the fileshare download link working :( trying to download from there but no luck, it only takes me to some love XXX pages :( rapidshare off course is not working for me.

I'll try later to see if I can download the file.

thanks a lot for your work!!!

slds,

EDIT: got rapidshare going!!!

Edited by corpisa