Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Hi steff195!

Great job!!!

I'm using 28238 and it's a very fluid and very nice rom! But can't read any MP4 video... :lol: , and i don't know that i have to doing

Thanks a lot!!

Run the 'TCPMP', you will find it in Start Menu, try to go to Settings/File types (inside TCPMP, of course) and associate the file types with it..

or you can install CorePlayer..

can anyone please tell me how to install the latest rom ....

i have downloaded and extracted .... after extraction i see 3 files

customer.csc

eboot.nb0

pda_28238.bin

i searched everywhere no clue

i need help please i got fed up of my 6.1 original rom

thank you in advance

here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/

Guest Besho992
I'm sorry to hear that! The only solution is to try a new flash... maybe something went wrong... although I doubt it, since it said job done... I'm afraid that your pone might have suffered an hardware problem. Anyway... make sure the files are extracted correctly. I think you checked already that the files are the right ones for your system. And, most important: do everything with patience, in order to make sure you don't do more harm than good. Good luck :lol:

Hii Steff,,,, I cant flash it again,,,, the comp wont recognize omnia,,btw its not my omnia its my friends,, we were flashing it together,,,,,,

"I think you checked already that the files are the right ones for your system." ??? can you explain this a bit... does this have anything to do with:

PDA:i900SHHJ2/SHHK2

PHONE:i900XXHJ2

we were flashing on Win XP

Edited by Besho992

Guest DestentT

I just flashed my omnia. Somehow, I cannot connect to the internet (it is not important whether its a wi-fi, gprs or active-sync through pc) from the applications including my browser. When trying to connect in Internet explorer it says:

Cannot Connect

The connection has been ended. To change your connection settings, tap Settings.

What settings should I change?

EDIT: Fixed it. here is the solution.

Edited by DestentT

Guest m2millenium
I just flashed my omnia. Somehow, I cannot connect to the internet (it is not important whether its a wi-fi, gprs or active-sync through pc) from the applications including my browser. When trying to connect in Internet explorer it says:

Cannot Connect

The connection has been ended. To change your connection settings, tap Settings.

What settings should I change?

EDIT: Fixed it. here is the solution.

I dont know why... but that solution didnt work for me although I've tried several times.

Anyway... I solved creating a connection with the parameters by my ISP.

In Settings-->Connections-->Connections, you have to "Add a new modem connection" and use the right parameters of your ISP. In my case has been sufficient to set only the "Access point name" without any username or pwd.

Now finally internet works... and I can try to enjoy this new ROM

BYE

Guest pms_genotiva
can anyone please tell me how to install the latest rom ....

i have downloaded and extracted .... after extraction i see 3 files

customer.csc

eboot.nb0

pda_28238.bin

i searched everywhere no clue

i need help please i got fed up of my 6.1 original rom

thank you in advance

FLASHING VIA GRANDPRIX (i have windows 7 on my laptop with disabled firewall & antivir)

1. Download ROM.

2. If it is in ".exe" file (ex: romfile.exe), disassemble rom with EXEcutor.

3. Download, install and run Windows Mobile Device Center and check connection. Try to pair and synch your phone to your PC. If no problem then proceed.

4. Install samsung modem driver for vista/win7.

5. REBOOT your computer.

6. Open Windows Mobile Device Center, click "Mobile Device Settings->Connection Settings", then UNCHECK "Allow to USB connections". At this point your phone will be automatically disconnected to Windows Mobile Device Center.

7. Turn Off the Phone but leave it conneced to USB cable.

8. Right click on GrandPrix file, click "Run as administrator". Close GrandPrix...if win7 displays any msg then dont proceed. If there are no msg then again... right click on GrandPrix file, click "Run as administrator".

9. On GrandPrix window, select profile GRANDPRIX LV image.

10. Select LOADER and PDA files from folder with disassembled rom (folder created by EXEcutor)

11. Click DETECT and RESET the phone (the phone should still be connected to the cable)

12. If flashing dont start, click START DOWNLOADING (during downloading, you have to read follow the procedure...if it says you have to download again then click START DOWNLOADING again but DO NOT remove the cable)

13. dont touch anything until the Download Progress says "Job Done. Launched!"

14. when you read "Job Done. Launched!" then congratulation. Remove ur device and configure.

I flashed steff's rom with this method - successfull in one try. :)

Edited by pms_genotiva

Guest pms_genotiva

thank you very much steff for the rom (28238_Normal_for_Windows_7)

now my omnia is faster than ever before, esp on the text messaging... reading and browsing through my text msgs is a breeze!

i have one problem though...

after reset/restart... i have to set again the date and time.

hoping for a solution.

Edited by pms_genotiva

Guest eaglegreek

@steff195> i've flashed my phone with your latest ROM, and i have to say it's working very well... scrolling is very fluid and the response is awesome, nice looking icons and awesome themes ... well just wanted to say loads of thanks for all the ROMs you've shared with us... sad to say that i'd be saying good bye to my i900 but i'd be passing to my wife, who says she really like it and that your ROM is awesome. so once again... thanks for making the i900 great with your ROMs... more power... keep on cookin'

Guest steff195

Thanks guys for your kind words... I've already prepared another rom, I changed/improved so many things since 28238, but I'm waiting for a proper build to release it. Now I'm using it with 28240 but this build doesn't seem fast enough. ;) ... that's why I decided to wait. :)

Guest dragonmatahari
Thanks guys for your kind words... I've already prepared another rom, I changed/improved so many things since 28238, but I'm waiting for a proper build to release it. Now I'm using it with 28240 but this build doesn't seem fast enough. :( ... that's why I decided to wait. :)

ahhaa... that is good news..

Chef.. your 28238 works great on me..

one thing flyin around my head everytime i see your thread title chef

nowadays everybody begin to leave i900, :P , but for me omnia can be describe as 'swiss army knife' phone, functional as multitool. i think i will kept it as my collections for the old days :P.

some suggestions for time proof builds (even not so time proof ;) ) )

1. can u considered not to cook in applications that kept on updating from time to time such as opera mini, google map and so on...?

2. one theme only (of your choice) preferred

Edited by dragonmatahari

Guest steff195

@dragonmatahari: ok, for the record, I'm not leaving my Omnia, at least not yet... I just said I might not cook anymore... as I bring my roms to a perfect shape, I won't have anything else to optimize. :( But I think I'll modify the thread title, to regain the optimistic mood. :(

As for your wishes:

1. I decided to cook in such apps to give my rom a complete look, with all needed. But I agree with you at some point, that's why I didn't cook in apps like S2U2, or something like that. Those cooked in files don't update too often (e.g. Google Maps) and if they do, they can be updated later on and thus I don't see so much trouble in this. Btw, I didn't cook Opera Mini in. :P

2. Themes are left there for variety purpose. Everyone choses his favorite... and they ain't that big.

Now, apart from that, after I posted earlier I noticed 21681 was out, so... I grabbed it and cooked a rom... now doing some tests, so far so good... I think I'll launch it later today. I like this branch better, it seems faster.

Now, who wanna see one more rom from me? :P Should I bother to release it? :) or should I mind my own business... ;)

Edited by steff195

Guest mowinnie

Greetings Steff,

Its good to see all our chefs posting. Please do release your new compilations.

I wont be flashing just yet though. But I would be interested in a rom that has been 'perfected' by an expert :)

Best Regards

Guest masza2

hi all.

Steff, I have downloaded you newest rom (28238 normal).

Where is the Java ?

Can you help me?

Please share me *.cab with original java from this rom...

Regards.

Guest drrkgupta
@dragonmatahari: ok, for the record, I'm not leaving my Omnia, .................

Now, who wanna see one more rom from me? ;) Should I bother to release it? .............

It is good news that ou are not leaving the Omnia! We need cookers like you who always lie to bring out the best and the most updated ROM, thus making the Omnia one of the most latest devices around.

I too would like to try out your new ROM. :)

Guest steff195

Ok folks, it's launched! Bring out the champagne bottle to celebrate... :) First post edited.

One wish I have though: please mirror my files; my rapidshare account will expire soon and the files might get lost.

@masza2: I realised that before your post and I already added Java support in this last rom.

If you like my work, a beer would be great. ;)

Edited by steff195

Guest dragonmatahari
Now, apart from that, after I posted earlier I noticed 21681 was out, so... I grabbed it and cooked a rom... now doing some tests, so far so good... I think I'll launch it later today. I like this branch better, it seems faster.

Now, who wanna see one more rom from me? :( Should I bother to release it? :) or should I mind my own business... ;)

yes plz :P...

some members at xda stated that latest 216xx outperfom 28240 in some benchmarking.

Guest masza2

hmm I flashed the your newest rom.

I have a problems...

1. Not schortcut to Java (solved, manually created)

2. System is not remember the settings of today themes (after SR theme is back to default W7), samsung original dialer not working (advanced config etc.) after SR.

3. Date&Time is not remember after SR.

I 2x HR...but not solved these problems...

Best Regards !!!

Edited by masza2

Guest steff195

1. I added Java support, so you can use any java application... I didn't like it in the Start Menu, so I took out the shortcuts... :)

2 and 3: I don't know about you but to me everything works fine, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Make sure you set up date and time during startup setup.

Edited by steff195

Guest coastman
Ok folks, it's launched! Bring out the champagne bottle to celebrate... :) First post edited.

One wish I have though: please mirror my files; my rapidshare account will expire soon and the files might get lost.

@masza2: I realised that before your post and I already added Java support in this last rom.

If you like my work, a beer would be great. ;)

I use your roms a long time. Thank you Steff195 so much for your roms. I think you are having an incoming Beer :( <--- (that's my answer if we are interested about your new rom release.)

Edited by coastman

Guest pms_genotiva

steff's ROM rules!

once again...THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for sharing ur latest ROM.

i had a problem before with your previous rom (date/time going back to 2008 every soft reset)

but after few days and few resets...problem gone. So to those who will encounter "have to set date, etc again..."

just wait for few days...reset your phone regularly... and it will behave as it should.

now downloading... cant wait hehe

Guest drrkgupta

Steff Thank You for this beautiful ROM. I am downloading it . Just can't wait for the download to finish.

Please as it has been discussed earlier it would be very good of you if you could make a Lite ROM. I mean remove all the extra things and mainly concentrate on the extra space available in the ROM. Since at least I like to configure my mobile and applications according to my choice.

I am waiting for your Lite / Essential ROM.

Guest steff195
I use your roms a long time. Thank you Steff195 so much for your roms. I think you are having an incoming Beer ;) <--- (that's my answer if we are interested about your new rom release.)

Thanks, received your beer, it's tasty! :)

steff's ROM rules!

once again...THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for sharing ur latest ROM.

i had a problem before with your previous rom (date/time going back to 2008 every soft reset)

but after few days and few resets...problem gone. So to those who will encounter "have to set date, etc again..."

just wait for few days...reset your phone regularly... and it will behave as it should.

now downloading... cant wait hehe

I know that in my early cooking there was a problem with date/time not remaining set, because it was set by me to skip the startup settings but I modified it a few roms back to have the option to set up date/time and thus everything is ok.

Steff Thank You for this beautiful ROM. I am downloading it . Just can't wait for the download to finish.

Please as it has been discussed earlier it would be very good of you if you could make a Lite ROM. I mean remove all the extra things and mainly concentrate on the extra space available in the ROM. Since at least I like to configure my mobile and applications according to my choice.

I am waiting for your Lite / Essential ROM.

I think I'm gonna cook a Lite rom since there are some demanders. :(

LATER EDIT: Lite version added in first post!

Edited by steff195