Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest bigfoune
Please what's going wrong? I 've downloaded the 22018 M2Dv2 from Mandrake but got error when trying to extract. File is corrupt. And cannot download from other link. Always redirected to silly websites. DO you have a solution?

salut anismanis je viens de tester le lien de mandrake pour la rom 22018 et il fonctionne très bien !!le voici!!

http://mandrake.dk/roms/download.php?view.13

Edited by bigfoune

Guest anismanis
salut anismanis je viens de tester le lien de mandrake pour la rom 22018 et il fonctionne très bien !!le voici!!

http://mandrake.dk/roms/download.php?view.13

Merci mais le probleme n'est pas le lien. J'ai effectivement telecharge la rom mais quand j' essai d'extraire l'archive j'ai "File is corrupt".

En attendant j'ai flashe avec la rom de Pdhee. jolie, pas mal. :)

SI t'as un autre lien pour Jeff ou une reponse a "file is corrupt" fais moi signe (c'est aussi ok via PM )

Edit: je viens de me rendre compte que Jeff me conseille une plus recente rom. Lesquelles par example?

Cela n'explique toujours pas pourquoi j'ai file is corrupt :)

Edited by anismanis

Guest imageMaster

Thank you for the ROM!

Is it possible to disable upper taskbar (with float down when tap on upper bar)? The main problem is that some notification icons doesn't appears in the float taskbar and I can't see the notification by taping on the icon in the upper bar (the float taskbar always apperas).

Guest krakjaw

Ola.

Ok just one question, which one is exactly the latest rom? I'm not sure :)

Also, is there a rom without java? I absolutely hate jblend and love jbed, (the esmertec one).

That's my biggest cocerns with the rooms. I'm online a lot with my phone and i either get a rom with great internet and sucky java or a great java (self installed jbed) and sucky internet. So i'm giving up. Right now using ock's rom and it's decent, but not up to what i'm looking for.

Wished at device start up we could choose which programs to add or remove, would be awesome.

Guest Awemonster

How's the performance of the 2 builds? If they're the same, then I'll stick to the Normal one, because I'd hate to go without Google Maps :)

Currently I'm using an old version of Ock's 6.5 ROM and it's terribly slow with regards to viewing/creating SMS's + jBlend doesn't work.

Edited by Awemonster

Guest steff195
Steff

I'm using your ROMs from the day one and found the best ROMS ever. The links given on page 1 for Normal are not working.

Ok, there are some mirrors in the last pages, but I forgot to add them to the first post. I'll do it right now. :)

Hi, great rom, thank you. How do I enable Resco kbd on 21618? Whenever I select it, it just sticks with samsung kbd.

Thank you,

Adrian

I know that everytime I install Resco Keyboard it automatically sets itself as the default input method. And that in every rom.

@Stef> i am getting this error when i press the shutdown button. is there any fix for this? or did i miss something? thanks in advance.

I thought you guys knew this function doesn't work on Omnia, and many more devices.

Ola.

Ok just one question, which one is exactly the latest rom? I'm not sure :)

Also, is there a rom without java? I absolutely hate jblend and love jbed, (the esmertec one).

That's my biggest cocerns with the rooms. I'm online a lot with my phone and i either get a rom with great internet and sucky java or a great java (self installed jbed) and sucky internet. So i'm giving up. Right now using ock's rom and it's decent, but not up to what i'm looking for.

Wished at device start up we could choose which programs to add or remove, would be awesome.

Check the release date of every rom, to see which is the latest. Java is included even in the lite version, for system better functionality. I said I didn't cook an UltraLite rom, because that would mean to remove most of the files, and so, the rom could have problems.

Regarding the device startup option to choose, you can do it via SK Tools.

How's the performance of the 2 builds? If they're the same, then I'll stick to the Normal one, because I'd hate to go without Google Maps :)

Currently I'm using an old version of Ock's 6.5 ROM and it's terribly slow with regards to viewing/creating SMS's + jBlend doesn't work.

The 2 builds are exactly the same, except for the specified removed programs. Regarding the sms startup/replying it works fine, fast enough, but anyway slower than in 6.1. It's because of the 6.5.

Edited by steff195

Guest mihaidenis

Hey,my brother steff(in language :P )

Sorry for my offtopic.

I found something interesting.

I ask u something,sometime ago

on mobilwave

about a specific i900 rom

with romanian language.

Take a look at this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...-your-language/

Mabe this could help U.

If u need any support i can give don`t hesitate to contact me.

But please take U`r time and do it.

Macar asa din mandrie patriotica.........

AGAIN A BIG,HUGE FUCHS U! to SAMSUNG for

never release an win6.5 rom for i900.

MY FIRST&LAST SAMSUNG PHONE=I900

Edited by mihaidenis

Guest steff195
@steff195

Thank you for your roms

Can you make a rom with full transparent top and bottom bar?

That would mean to modify some shellres.92.dll file, if I remember correctly, and really, I don't have the nerves to do it.

Hey,my brother steff(in language :P )

Sorry for my offtopic.

I found something interesting.

I ask u something,sometime ago

on mobilwave

about a specific i900 rom

with romanian language.

Take a look at this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...-your-language/

Mabe this could help U.

If u need any support i can give don`t hesitate to contact me.

But please take U`r time and do it.

Macar asa din mandrie patriotica.........

AGAIN A BIG,HUGE FUCHS U! to SAMSUNG for

never release an win6.5 rom for i900.

MY FIRST&LAST SAMSUNG PHONE=I900

Hey mate... I had a look, but I didn't quite understand what that guy posted there...

Hey mate!

Are you intending to release a new version of the ROM soon? .. so I know whether to flash my phone today or some later day :D

As soon as I see a good new build. :D

Guest GreenOmnia

Allright, thanks :P . I couldn't wait though, I've just flashed it now :D

But I'm not getting the showcase app as I should, I think .. when I'm holding the Start Menu button I get the standard Task Manager .. not the cool looking one from your screenshots. And I can't find an app named "Showcase" or anything to assing it to any button at all.. can you please help? .. like where can I find the app and how is the file called or something :D Thanks

Guest steff195
Allright, thanks :D . I couldn't wait though, I've just flashed it now :P

But I'm not getting the showcase app as I should, I think .. when I'm holding the Start Menu button I get the standard Task Manager .. not the cool looking one from your screenshots. And I can't find an app named "Showcase" or anything to assing it to any button at all.. can you please help? .. like where can I find the app and how is the file called or something :D Thanks

It's either in Program Files or in /Windows. You can easily make a shortcut (using Resco Explorer) to it in Start Menu, and then map a button. But I just checked now and it works fine to me when I hold the Start button. :P

Thank you for your answer steff195, now I have another question : there is a rom that contain camera firmware upgrade?

I am hoping to get better results when making a photo or at least to remember my settings.

Edited by kingul

Guest dragonmatahari

just wanted to share my experience with Steff's current Lite memory usage deployed with SPB ms 3.5 (doc3000 theme), icon changed and full pack of applications :P

post-500991-1287670693_thumb.png

post-500991-1287670714_thumb.png

post-500991-1287670739_thumb.png

post-500991-1287670779_thumb.png

post-500991-1287670798_thumb.png

post-500991-1287671649_thumb.png

post-500991-1287671672_thumb.png

post-500991-1287671737_thumb.png

post-500991-1287671758_thumb.png

post-500991-1287818048_thumb.jpg

Edited by dragonmatahari

Guest GreenOmnia
It's either in Program Files or in /Windows. You can easily make a shortcut (using Resco Explorer) to it in Start Menu, and then map a button. But I just checked now and it works fine to me when I hold the Start button. :P

Right, I've found it. Thanks :D

Guest GreenOmnia
just wanted to share my experience with Steff's current Lite memory usage deployed with SPB ms 3.5 (doc3000 theme), icon changed and full pack of applications :P

Do you (or does anybody) perhaps know whether it's possible to only make the home screen look like the one from your 1. screenshot? (cause SPB ms changes quite a big part of the interface, doesn't it? I mean..it has lots of stuff included as far as I know - never used it though x) ) . But I sure do like this homescreen :D

And if you could please post the picture which is used as the background in the screenshots 7-9. Thanks :D

Edited by GreenOmnia

Hi, please is there a way to get normal scrolling in Start Menu? I hate when I try to scroll and it just stops when I put my finger off the screen.

Thanks

edit: I got another problem now: When I start Explorer (I think it's fexplorer.exe or something similar), it starts to last opened folder which is /Windows and it looks like it's loading, but it never loads, and it has high CPU usage and I have to "End Task" it in Task Manager.

Any solutions, or should I just reinstall again?

Edited by varta

Guest mega htc

21681 runs smoothly. however there is a big problem in opera 10.the linkages do not work especially midi. hoping you can address this problem. i would like to thank you anyways.