Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

ThorttleLuncher and ROM 21686Lite v2.0 for omnia i900

Thank you for your great ROM it is work for me very well. I only have one problem with this. I try to use ThrottleLuncher with this ROM (I know the TL work with some WM 6.5). I install TL but when I select it from today It only show below message:

ThrottleLuncher started displaying

I search a lot and just find it is some problem from ROM I will be appreciated if you can help me and fix this problem

Guest steff195
steff , i managed to fix the GPS , by the way , i think you can consider this GPS modification mentioned in the thread http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...00-i8000-omnia/

it is really good , i got fixed in seconds

it may be a new point in your coming rom

Will think of that. I trust you, but I have to try it first and search for possible side effects. Thanks for the feedback.

using this rom for 3 days, i like it...

Glad to hear that. :lol:

Steff nice work tho i have some issues..i can't seem to see my operator menu.. XD

i can't inquire regarding my remaining airtime or balance plus cant access the promos from there..can you help mate??or anyone here

I said it before already, the sim menu is still located in /Windows, it's not have been removed, just from the Start Menu (I considered it's not that often used), but you can make a shortcut of your own. Search for satapp.lnk or something like that, copy it and paste to /Windows/Start Menu/Programs... there you have it in Start Menu again.

hi steff,

21686 Normal v2.0. for Windows 7, what is it mean? it's mean i can flashing my omnia roms using windows 7 without a step like in this thread link: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/ or not???

I release the roms for different operating systems. If you have 7 you will use the 7 version, if you have XP, you will use the XP version.

Normal means it contains the most files for a normal usage.

Lite, it doesn't contain the specified apps.

2.0. means it the second release of those roms, with some fixes... since 21686 it's a good build and no new builds have been released instead, I decided to fix some problems using this build. I hope you got all the answers now. :)

ThorttleLuncher and ROM 21686Lite v2.0 for omnia i900

Thank you for your great ROM it is work for me very well. I only have one problem with this. I try to use ThrottleLuncher with this ROM (I know the TL work with some WM 6.5). I install TL but when I select it from today It only show below message:

ThrottleLuncher started displaying

I search a lot and just find it is some problem from ROM I will be appreciated if you can help me and fix this problem

Don't know what to say... I don't use Throttle Launcher... and I don't know what may cause that. Sorry! Maybe other fellow omnian that dealt with this issue can help you.

Edited by steff195

Im a little newbie in this, and I was a user of a Qtek S-200, with version 6.5, now a new user of a SAMSUMG omnia i900, used with original wm 6.1, but its new to me.

in Qtek I had already changed the version 6 to version 6.5, but here it seems to be a little different.

This is the memory I have, i'm also using the spbshell, do you think that with this new rom all will be fine for this PDA with these features? The screens its from my Portuguese version.

I was thinking in version 21686 Normal.

Thanks for your help.

pc_cap10.pngpc_cap11.pngpc_cap13.png

Edited by rocka1

Guest steff195
Im a little newbie in this, and I was a user of a Qtek S-200, with version 6.5, now a new user of a SAMSUMG omnia i900, used with original wm 6.1, but its new to me.

in Qtek I had already changed the version 6 to version 6.5, but here it seems to be a little different.

This is the memory I have, i'm also using the spbshell, do you think that with this new rom all will be fine for this PDA with these features? The screens its from my Portuguese version.

I was thinking in version 21686 Normal.

Thanks for your help.

Yes you can update just fine, but I noticed that under phone part you have I900NSPRO. This means that your phone has been temporarily network unlocked for you to use. If you update your phone part on your own to a new one, you'll have your phone network locked again, and you'll be able to unlock it only in a service center. There was an unlocking solution in here, but I don't know if it works in your case. You have to own a sim card on the network it has been locked on and then use those codes provided here on modaco somewhere.

The good news is that you can update to any of my roms, they don't contain the phone part, they ony have the pda, eboot and customer.csc parts.

Good luck!

Edited by steff195

Guest seisman

steff , as i said before your rom is the best , i would like to ask you if you can do some modification in the task bar icons to make it more beautiful ,also for the drop down bar when you touch the task bar , can you also change the icons may be to the one that looks like android , or can you remove it and replace it with the one in

DXID1 Custom ROM Windows Mobile 6.5

continue your way to the ultimate rom

Using 21686 lite first release since it had been launched and i can say that is very fast and stable. Also with lost of apps installed everything is working fine.

About unlocking i900 i used a tool called unlockomnia.exe and managed to unlock my omnia very easily . I still have it for who is interested on it.

Waiting for new release, eager to test new things!

Thanks Steff!

Guest TeZeu87

Hello I installed resco photo manager and i like it ... i need to know how can I make this look more nice. because resco don't change the skin Like when you are using IconsoftPhonEx.

post-736826-1296147397_thumb.png

Edited by TeZeu87

Guest steff195
Hello I installed resco photo manager and i like it ... i need to know how can I make this look more nice. because resco don't change the skin Like when you are using IconsoftPhonEx.

Say what? I didn't quite understand what you want... and what's with the screenshot?... you want Resco Photo Manager to change the dialer's skin? :lol: That can't happen. That photo manager is for viewing/editing pictures only. Better install P.H.O.N.E.X. for what you want.

Dear Steff,

I am learning to build rom. Will you please help me for how to iclude customize ani_poweron.gif & ani_poweroff.gif while flashing the rom?

Manual process I know, but don't know how to insert while building the rom itself.

Rbasis.

Guest steff195
Dear Steff,

I am learning to build rom. Will you please help me for how to iclude customize ani_poweron.gif & ani_poweroff.gif while flashing the rom?

Manual process I know, but don't know how to insert while building the rom itself.

Rbasis.

You'll have to put your new files into your kitchen in OEMApps folder and overwrite the old ones. Please make sure you check your Windows to show all the files, because some of them are hidden and you might not see them. (Just uncheck the option "Hide protected operating system files"). That's it. :lol:

Guest TeZeu87

ups ;) i meant resco contact manager ;) i like it more than P.H.O.N.E.X :D and I want to know if i can skin what i showed you in the picture D

Edited by TeZeu87

Hi,

Could you try to add EzInput keyboard?

I personaly find it way better than samsung one.

Also, is there any way to change the taskbar icons? (I would like to use the aerostyle v3 ones)

thx

Edited by moppix

Guest achen_su

how to flash 21286 rom in windows 7.

i only fine file in zip

21686 Lite (v2.0.) by steff195.bin

customer.csc

eboot.nb0

please help me. i don't understand how flash it.

Guest steff195
Hi,

Could you try to add EzInput keyboard?

I personaly find it way better than samsung one.

Also, is there any way to change the taskbar icons? (I would like to use the aerostyle v3 ones)

thx

I also find it better.... don't know, I'll think about it. You can change the taskbar icons by installing the original aerostyle v3 one cab.

how to flash 21286 rom in windows 7.

i only fine file in zip

21686 Lite (v2.0.) by steff195.bin

customer.csc

eboot.nb0

please help me. i don't understand how flash it.

Get the tools from HERE! Install the Samsung Modem Driver, restart the pc. Then, run the Grandprix and enter each of my files in the given fields. For example, eboot.nbo in Loader field, 21686 Lite (v2.0.) by steff195.bin in PDA field and customer.csc in CSC field. Leave everything else untouched. Do not check "format device's internal large disk" because it will format your "My Storage". Connect your phone to pc, click Detect and then restart your hpone from the tiny upper hole next to power button. Now the program should recognize the phone and start updating. Let it finish. Once it shows "Job done" message it's safe to remove your phone and start configuring it. Good luck!

Edited by steff195

hello,

nice and fast ROM, thanks!

i have only one problem: after installation the "vibration" function does not work. i tried everything (hard reset, vibration setup), but nothing happens...

could somebody pls help me!

Guest seisman
steff , as i said before your rom is the best , i would like to ask you if you can do some modification in the task bar icons to make it more beautiful ,also for the drop down bar when you touch the task bar , can you also change the icons may be to the one that looks like android , or can you remove it and replace it with the one in

DXID1 Custom ROM Windows Mobile 6.5

continue your way to the ultimate rom

steff , please consider my request

Guest jamiem_08

help im having trouble with the wifi

i go to Settings>Connections>Wi-Fi and turn on my Wi-Fi. i connect my phone to my Wi-Fi at home and it'll be connected after you wait for some seconds. but when i try to open any website using the Internet Explorer a pop-up shows saying

Cannot Connect

The connection has been ended. to change

your connection settings, tap Settings.

Settings DISMISS

and when you click the Settings it goes to Settings>Connections>Connections>Tasks and theres My Work Network and My ISP, i tried to change everything just to make my Wi-Fi work but it didnt. i dont understand, it used to work well before, what happened now? :-o

nice rom BTW ;)

Guest Digesh Chheda
I also find it better.... don't know, I'll think about it. You can change the taskbar icons by installing the original aerostyle v3 one cab.

Get the tools from HERE! Install the Samsung Modem Driver, restart the pc. Then, run the Grandprix and enter each of my files in the given fields. For example, eboot.nbo in Loader field, 21686 Lite (v2.0.) by steff195.bin in PDA field and customer.csc in CSC field. Leave everything else untouched. Do not check "format device's internal large disk" because it will format your "My Storage". Connect your phone to pc, click Detect and then restart your hpone from the tiny upper hole next to power button. Now the program should recognize the phone and start updating. Let it finish. Once it shows "Job done" message it's safe to remove your phone and start configuring it. Good luck!

I tried in windows 7 to install this ROM..Installed Samsung Modem driver , and started Grandprix...But after pressing detect button, n restart my phone, it dosnt detect the phone..starts the phone directly...What could b the reason ??

Hi,

I installed the aerostyle v3 and all is changing except the taskbar icons. Any idea how to fix this?

Maybe you can add those icons in a new release.

Guest steff195
I tried in windows 7 to install this ROM..Installed Samsung Modem driver , and started Grandprix...But after pressing detect button, n restart my phone, it dosnt detect the phone..starts the phone directly...What could b the reason ??

Keep trying, eventually the pc will see the phone and start updating.

Hello,

I would like to know if the ROM has Touch calendar version, i don't like da santard WM version.

Thanks

It hasn't, but you can easily install it afterwards... I don't understand why is that a problem. :P

Guest bunnybell

Hi Steff195,

Once again excellent work and my phone appears to be a lot faster now??...Would like to ask please.

Do you by any chance have the latest orignal samsung files for this phone or do you no where I could get them please. At some stage I will probs sell this phone but obviously dont want to sell it with a cooked rom (not that theres anything wrong with them...Only thing is I wish I could do one). You no what some people are like....

The other thing I would like ask please!...

Is there a screen to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen. Its just sometimes I have to press the screen quite hard for it to react.....

Do you no if anyone has cracked windows 7 for these phones...My next phone will probs be windows 7 so it would be good to have a play before I get stuck with one....

Sorry for all the questions.....Keep up the good work. Ill make a donation at the end of the month...Your hard work is very much appreciated..

Best Regards,

Kev :D :P