mobile version of modaco?

Guest hp1

UP until recently when I browsed these forums on my hero the mobile version would be displayed, I have that option selected in the browser settings. However it no longer works despite that option still being selected. Anyone else noticed this?

Guest emotiveicon

I've noticed the same thing though I'm actually pleased that it now shows the full site. When it was showing the mobile-optimised website none of the forum threads would open up. If I tried to access a thread through my mobile network (Vodafone) I'd get an error saying that the page couldn't be opened and if I tried over Wifi the page was just blank. Nothing would ever load up...

Anyone else had this problem with their Hero? Maybe it's the reason that the mobile site isn't running now?

I've noticed the same thing though I'm actually pleased that it now shows the full site. When it was showing the mobile-optimised website none of the forum threads would open up. If I tried to access a thread through my mobile network (Vodafone) I'd get an error saying that the page couldn't be opened and if I tried over Wifi the page was just blank. Nothing would ever load up...

Anyone else had this problem with their Hero? Maybe it's the reason that the mobile site isn't running now?

I had this issue the problem was that I was not logged in. Logging in at the top of the page resolved this for me - the pages would then load.

Guest MetotRon

Guys please reply me, how could I switch back mobile version of the forum. I couldn't find any button for it. Somehow I switch from mobile view to normal on my HTC Hero and now I would like to test mobile version again.

Log In was not the issue, I was still logged in. tried logging out and back in again, made no difference.

@MetotRon you need hit Menu>Settings and scroll down to 'Mobile View' and make sure its checked. But like my original post, its not working for the Modaco forum pages at the mo.

Log In was not the issue, I was still logged in. tried logging out and back in again, made no difference.

@MetotRon you need hit Menu>Settings and scroll down to 'Mobile View' and make sure its checked. But like my original post, its not working for the Modaco forum pages at the mo.

apologises - my post was in response to emotiveicon's issue with the mobile version displaying blank pages when trying to display threads, not anything to do with the mobile version not displaying at all.

Guest MetotRon

I've just check it and this option it switch on. Reload page several time and I could see that forum in Mobile version. I have MCR 3.0 installed on my Hero.

I'm glad to be honest. A mobile version of the site would be nice - but that iphone skin looked pretty horrific.

What forum base is this anyway? Surely one of us could come up with something a little nicer looking? I do a fair bit of web design, wouldn't mind having a bash.

• 1 month later...