JC, MAMBO04 and Bruno Adler ROM Thread

Guest cruddasj

Guest Rebels

Looks like this tool isnt coming back......but just in case:

nic-cage-birdhair.jpg

Get out of the thread and stop reporting false negatives...........

It does play mp3's and wma's, mp4 etc Just not AVI at the moment. From what I have read WMP cant support AVI's natively :s Its been on the forum before. Are people getting mixed up with touch player? My reccomendation is to use a more robust player than WMP such as CorePlayer

+1, stop complaining man, like it or leave it. for avi and mkv i agree with crudd, core is the best.

Edited by Rebels

Guest ...angel...
Iv tested you rom and i have to say its terrible. all the mp3 files are detected as corrupted files. sorry to say but you need to try harder. on the plus side, the M2D looks beautiful.

Hey! Learn how to be tactful... Report the bugs you've noticed but in a nice way... Cruddasj is a nice chef... Don't post like that...

Edited by ...angel...

Hey Crud,

I couldn't resist and flashed to 28205-very good job as usual! One question though - the dialer isn't locking automatically during conversation. Is there any way/workaround/advise on that? It is really a pain trying to hold the phone 1cm from my head while speaking :)

thanks for any ideas in advance

Guest cruddasj
Hey Crud,

I couldn't resist and flashed to 28205-very good job as usual! One question though - the dialer isn't locking automatically during conversation. Is there any way/workaround/advise on that? It is really a pain trying to hold the phone 1cm from my head while speaking B)

thanks for any ideas in advance

Hey, lol, sorry i hadnt realised that ;) Ive been using Spam alert lately you see ;) Ermm, im not quite sure on that one. I imagine it will be a registry key, shall have a look. If you happen to find it first though, could you post it up here so other users can reference from it :)

Thanks

I think it is SECDialer.dll in \windows. I managed to replace it couple of days ago on 23517 with one I found somewhere and I got the original Samsung dialer...unfortunately ugly and it also didn't work-guess it was patched by someone already not to lock the screen.

Guest cruddasj
I think it is SECDialer.dll in \windows. I managed to replace it couple of days ago on 23517 with one I found somewhere and I got the original Samsung dialer...unfortunately ugly and it also didn't work-guess it was patched by someone already not to lock the screen.

Okay another option for the meantime is:

'Smartlock'. Its in Mambo's winmo 6.5 goodies thread....I just cant find it atm lol. Its on the forum somewhere.

'Smartlock'. Its in Mambo's winmo 6.5 goodies thread....I just cant find it atm lol. Its on the forum somewhere.

It just works! Thanks! :)

Guest cruddasj
How does the screen sensitivity of 28205 true and blue compare with 23515? Any other notable changes?

Hey Steve. It will be the same to be honest. Its not a build number thing, its part of my OEM part of my kitchen so goes into every ROM that I make :)

thanks for the theme cab and link to the themes.

one quick question. Which screen resolution does our omnia have? QVGA or WQVGA? Thats something i have to check everytime when i have to choose the screen resolution of an application :-)

Guest cruddasj
thanks for the theme cab and link to the themes.

one quick question. Which screen resolution does our omnia have? QVGA or WQVGA? Thats something i have to check everytime when i have to choose the screen resolution of an application :-)

Hey. WQVGA for the omnia :)

Guest SteveEdson

No Problem, tried other roms in past and the sensitivity has varied between builds. Will update my rom later this evening.

Hey Steve. It will be the same to be honest. Its not a build number thing, its part of my OEM part of my kitchen so goes into every ROM that I make :)

Heres the new version of smartlock- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032 No more lag and its got heaps of options and locking sound!

Cheers

Edited by Sb.

No probs CJ. I only wish I could make it work by pressing the menu button on the side instead of holding down the end call button or power.

In 6.1 you could lock phone like that so I wonder why its been removed from 6.5 in the buttons menu?

EDIT- Finally got the button working on the side using AEBPlus!!

Edited by Sb.

Smartlock Settings Explained

• WM6.5 New Lock: Enables/disables the new Slide to Lock screen (only available to WM6.5 / WM6.5.1 / WM6.5.3)
  • Boot Startup Lock Screen: Locks the screen upon booting up your phone
  • Backlight Trigger Lock Screen: The screen locks when the backlight dims
  • Stand-by Trigger Lock Screen: The screen locks when the screen turns off
  • Incall Lock: Locks the screen when you recieve a call
  • Outcall Lock: Locks the screen instantly after dialing a number
  • Outcall Connected Lock: Locks the screen after you connect with a dialed number
  • Keep Enabled when Charging: Allows the lock screen to be triggered while charging
  • Lock Screen and then Stand-by: Doesn't do much
  • Energy Optimization: Saves some energy hopefully!
  • Enable Lock Sound: When unlocking/locking the phone, a sound will be triggered
    • To change the sound...(1) Uncheck this option and close...(2) Rename your new sound files to unlock.wav and lock.wave...(3) Copy and replace them into the \Windows folder...(4) Re-enable this option in the settings!

[*]Delay Time: ## Seconds: The time that the locked screen will stay awake

I'm using ver. F for some days (as S2U2 became/remained buggy enough lately) and it's working fine, except one annoying "design" issue - if the phone is locked during a call, it requires 2 unlock actions in order to unlock it. In addition to that fact, the two unlock buttons are placed differently on the screen so it's quite a cat & mouse thing to find and press both of them fast enough, when needed (e.g. you have to send dtmf tones during a call, take a note, check smth, etc)...

I'm still dreaming of the original samsung dialer lock/unlock behaviour in wm6.5.x :)

Is anyone else using 28205 having trouble getting the phone to wakeup?

No problems for me. Do you have by chance S2U2 installed?

Try also Settings->System->Power->Wifi and enable the power saving for wlan. You might also enable the global power saving under the previous tab as well (if not done already).

Hi, I'm a newbie on cooked ROMs, just installed this for the first time. I don't know if this is a bug, but when I choose to automatically detect my internet connection settings the next time the phone is soft reset the settings disappear. To prevent this I need to setup the connection manually, this way the settings are persistent even after a reboot.

Now a few questions.

I have restored a backup using spb backup and I cannot edit my e-mail accounts, is this normal?

My battery didn't last a day, the internet connection (UMTS) was always active, I think this was the issue, but I have all battery saver options active. I think this is related to last question, in 6.1 I had my mail checked every 2h, now I cannot set that up and I think it's always connecting to the server.

I cannot change the theme on this ROM, I even installed a new one but it doesn't change. Is this a bug or a workarround?

Last one, before the restore I had the MSN weather shortcut, but now it's gone. Is there a way to get the shortcut again? And is there a way to change the Home "Clock" icon to the weather icon? I think I saw this elsewhere.

Thanks for your patience.

Good ROM btw, thanks Chef.

Edited by Trop

Smartlock 2.0F not work for Rom build v23518, Smartlock v2.0E work very good!!

For me, it doesn't work either. The autolock doesn't work and even on calls it doesn't lock. I don't know what else to use!