JC, MAMBO04 and Bruno Adler ROM Thread

Guest cruddasj

Guest cruddasj
thank you, you are great...

till next ROM...

I´m looking for your updated 28014 with avi fix

Its up now ;) Favourite settings etc will be included in the next OS build black rom. (2801....something lol)

Guest demented1

I would like to say a massive thanx to all the cooks here.... Ive never had so much fun with a mobile phone. I've had my omnia for a year now and never dared flash it. After a day or two sifting through the information here i eventually got up enough courage to have a go and flash my phone.

Well....... i havn't stopped for 2 weeks now!!! I must have flashed it 50 times!!! with various roms looking for my ideal flavour.. I've settled for "True Blue" and learned to do a bit of reg hacking , Titanium file hacking .... wow such fun.... Who cares if i trash it...lol.... i'll just flash it again!!! May even try cooking next mmm big step eh!! lol. Well Thanx again to to all involved here for all the info i have read through and i hope you don't mind if i ask a few questions now and again.....

CHEERS PEEPS

Shake..... the DemenTED 1

Guest cruddasj
I would like to say a massive thanx to all the cooks here.... Ive never had so much fun with a mobile phone. I've had my omnia for a year now and never dared flash it. After a day or two sifting through the information here i eventually got up enough courage to have a go and flash my phone.

Well....... i havn't stopped for 2 weeks now!!! I must have flashed it 50 times!!! with various roms looking for my ideal flavour.. I've settled for "True Blue" and learned to do a bit of reg hacking , Titanium file hacking .... wow such fun.... Who cares if i trash it...lol.... i'll just flash it again!!! May even try cooking next mmm big step eh!! lol. Well Thanx again to to all involved here for all the info i have read through and i hope you don't mind if i ask a few questions now and again.....

CHEERS PEEPS

Shake..... the DemenTED 1

Hey. Which version of true blue are you running? I updated the latest version tonight, so everything reported should be fixed :( If you would like a premium build id say to flash the black rom ;) Ive been focusing alot lately on that one and i think that it is finally finished tonight. It runs as fast as true n blue but has alot of gloss added making it (in my opinion) pretty :P

AVI's are playing and video recorder is working well ;)

If you are familiar to flashing id reccomend using the latest version. Just check the MD5 hash to ensure happy flashing ;)

If you want to start cooking you can always PM me any time and ill be happy to answer any of your questions. I would reccomend using the Vistang Kitchen as it has just been ported for i910's so there should be a much bigger amount of support ;)

Edited by cruddasj

Guest demented1

Hi cruddasj.... god can't remember which version exactly having a look requires me booting up vmware and looking..... I have had no problems with it at all.... All the hacking was just personal tweaking ie soft key left from contacts to file explorer .....Added chome to make a favorate programs panel and pages..... it has all i need on the home screen. I'm not a young lad anymore and my eye sight isn't the best close up so my next project on it is to increase font size in messaging and email...... brill rom mate..... cheers.

Good work on 28014 Blue rom. Love all the standard unskinned omnia stuff like dialer,phone book and other original stuff. Everything works smooth. Issue with SMS reply hasn't returned.

Cheers lads!!

Guest Barry_Chanlo

hi, its my first time flashing and i wanna try your tru blue rom, my version is i900DXHK3/DXHK3 windows mobile 6.1 can i update to the tru blue rom? im worried having the incorrect version or bricking my phone, thanks!

hi, its my first time flashing and i wanna try your tru blue rom, my version is i900DXHK3/DXHK3 windows mobile 6.1 can i update to the tru blue rom? im worried having the incorrect version or bricking my phone, thanks!

Good choice to start with 6.5 as most stuff is Omnia standard. Flashing the Rom isnt that dangerous as long as you follow the correct procedure. Read up as much as you can!! Research first!! Its scary and exciting at first cos you don't know if your phone will survive!!

Start here- http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/

Good luck, you wont regret it! ;)

Guest Barry_Chanlo

thanks been reading it quite sometime now but im kinda lost about versions, so if i update my phone with my current version i won't have any problem regarding incorrect version?

Guest Julian1984

I've just install your new m2d version!

But the scree n don't lock when owering off te screen...

What can it happen?

Thanks!!

crud i got the avi thing fixed for some reason haha! it works fine ;)

ken i will post screenshots later, and an M2D+Neo rom ;)

thanks been reading it quite sometime now but im kinda lost about versions, so if i update my phone with my current version i won't have any problem regarding incorrect version?

I First went to a custom 6.1 Rom by Shokka then to 6.5 and had no issues but Im not sure if you have to update your phone part.

BTW just noticed you joined up in 2003 and you were about the 20 800th member and you've just posted 2 posts, where you been dude?

Edited by Sb.

Guest Barry_Chanlo

hahaha yeah, when i was around 20-22 i was using a smartphone then, it was my first windows mobile, then changed it to samsung phone, and now after several years later got married and wifey gave me an omnia hehe! so im back again hehe!

Guest melodysilly
Working here :s have you allowed an internet connection?

yup.. with internet connection but still don't detect the gps..

when i select 'use gps' in google maps, the for a while it said gps device not found..

i tried for several times, but still not working...

is it something wrong with gps setting...??

Guest cruddasj

When I first flashed my phone I recorded it to help others like yourself in future (the sound is a bit crappy but you can make out whats being said ;) ):

Part 1:

Part 2:

You can go straight from the DXHK3 rom and you should not get the incorrect version fix. If you do, it would just not let you flash it so do not worry about the version number being the cause of bricking.

Make sure you are using 32 bit XP with full admin privelages. Use an official samsung cable. Make 100% sure that the samsung drivers are installed. Check the device manager to see the MITS device showing when the phone is restarted (instructions in the vid). All firewalls need to be off. Connect the phone and ensure activesync can see it fully. Give it some time to calm down (activesync starts syncing the phone and all that jazz). Open the flashing .exe and turn the phone off. When you power it back up, as soon as START appears on the flashing tool click it. Cross your fingers and it will all go smoothly ;)

(Then a few weeks down the line realise how cool it feels to have the latest versions of windows mobile with all the nice new features and become an addict lol)

Ive flashed more times than i can count with this method (due to cooking, must be over 100 by now) and its not failed me yet.

If this is your first ROM, true and blue is a good place to start ;) It is almost bug free (only the slight sms bug and large display icon is left in but the program is removed, i need to figure out how to get rid of it lol!!!)

Enjoy ;)

To other readers:

I think SMS bug has improved but if someone could point me at the complete fix I would be very grateful!!

Guest cruddasj
yup.. with internet connection but still don't detect the gps..

when i select 'use gps' in google maps, the for a while it said gps device not found..

i tried for several times, but still not working...

is it something wrong with gps setting...??

Shouldnt be :s I havnt got the problem here. If anyone else is having this problem can you please report it on this thread. You may be able to manually point it at the gps. Its under settings > system > external GPS. It should be on program port COM3 and hardware port COM9 with a baud rate of 4800.

Let me know how this goes.

Guest MAMBO04

i'll look into the GPS problem tonight

and to change to WM7 you need to go to settings-> home and select windows default

SMS fix is included in all of my ROMs including the M2D one

i've also added increased touch response (entered the reg key) and works alright here

will look into all of these tonight ;) i've got work to do atm!

Guest cruddasj
i'll look into the GPS problem tonight

and to change to WM7 you need to go to settings-> home and select windows default

SMS fix is included in all of my ROMs including the M2D one

i've also added increased touch response (entered the reg key) and works alright here

will look into all of these tonight ;) i've got work to do atm!

Mamb, the touch response registry key is already in the custom csc i wrote you lol ;)

Mambo, flashed your latest ROM, excellent work and very fast. I will push it for a while and feedback any issues. One question is on Keyboard, I don't finf swype easy to use and at my age I need a decent size keyboard for my eyes lol. I have tried using the Omnia keyboard cab but got the message not eniough permission. Any idea how I can include a different keyboard.

next question, is the BT fix included, if not is there a specific one recommended. I use a BT Headset and carkit.

thanks for the excellent work by you and cruddas

Guest MAMBO04

Yeah crud i found a new one which apparently was better but obv wasn't ;) can you PM me with the reg key again? cheers

@ Kc: Thanks dude. Please do post feedback ;)

and yes i have realised that Swype isn't working as well as i should be for the Omnia, i'm finding it hard to text people and it's REALLY frustrating me haha

i will be removing it tonight and adding the original samsung keyboard, Swype isn't ready for our phones yet ;)

and also i had to remove the BTFix because it kept on messing around with the ROM, the sound was absent from the phone due to it and the touch responsiveness went. I'll add it manually instead of OEM'ing it up, so it'll be in my next release.

Edited by MAMBO04

Guest cruddasj
Yeah crud i found a new one which apparently was better but obv wasn't ;) can you PM me with the reg key again? cheers

Why you need the keys again :s theyre in the csc lol. It will automatically add them ;)

Guest lsherif

yeah i'm doing so now, just builiding M2D+Neo atm and then i will build M2D only ;)

sorry for the wait, i've been revising for exams as well!

No problem, exams are more important than this ;) can wait a little bit longer ;) by the way running now on you XMAS build & loving it but i just prefer only M2D.