How do I put new SYS files together?

Guest punksux

Guest punksux

I have been following the New Releases thread over at xda and decided to try making the new 28011 SYS so I can cook it. I downloaded the All DPI package and the language package and put them in a folder. I then went through and deleted all the dpi folders I don't need and added the common folders from another file. I put them in the correct folder to cook in Wozzers kitchen, along with the XIP I downloaded from xda, and cooked and flashed the rom. It booted up and got past the Omnia screen but then the screen started flashing snow like an old tv. It just kept doing that until I pulled the battery.

I compared the folder to the 28005 release I downloaded from Wozzer and it matched up. What did I do wrong? I would like to be able to make them myself in the future.

Thanks

Guest lioryte
I have been following the New Releases thread over at xda and decided to try making the new 28011 SYS so I can cook it. I downloaded the All DPI package and the language package and put them in a folder. I then went through and deleted all the dpi folders I don't need and added the common folders from another file. I put them in the correct folder to cook in Wozzers kitchen, along with the XIP I downloaded from xda, and cooked and flashed the rom. It booted up and got past the Omnia screen but then the screen started flashing snow like an old tv. It just kept doing that until I pulled the battery.

I compared the folder to the 28005 release I downloaded from Wozzer and it matched up. What did I do wrong? I would like to be able to make them myself in the future.

Thanks

In the kitchen there is an OEM folder, there goes all your OEM files. Did you add them? the release at xda is missing some files as well. Did you Recmod all the system files? This should really go to the kitchen thread...

Edited by lioryte

Guest punksux
In the kitchen there is an OEM folder, there goes all your OEM files. Did you add them? the release at xda is missing some files as well. Did you Recmod all the system files? This should really go to the kitchen thread...

Thanks Lioryte,

I have been cooking for a while, I just wanted to get the new releases myself so I didn't have to wait for anyone else to port them. I got most of the files from Monkeybape at XBeta. Do you know which files are missing and where I could get them? Or is there a better way to get all the files needed?

Also, the kitchen thread seems dead, no new posts for a while.