swype on i910 works !

Guest kdkinc

Guest TheDrizzle

Works pretty well!! The screen sensitivity of the Omnia is still so-so, I have to use my fingernail, not fingertip, to get really accurate results from it. It's nice to see new stuff working on our Omnias!

Guest ionizer5
Works pretty well!! The screen sensitivity of the Omnia is still so-so, I have to use my fingernail, not fingertip, to get really accurate results from it. It's nice to see new stuff working on our Omnias!

does this include the landscape fix as indicated in the original i900 thread?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...m/297340/swype/

I noticed your post was before someone indicated the landscape was broken. I think it was fixed and was hoping you could update your link to also include the landscape fix for i910. let us know, thanks!

does this include the landscape fix as indicated in the original i900 thread?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...m/297340/swype/

I noticed your post was before someone indicated the landscape was broken. I think it was fixed and was hoping you could update your link to also include the landscape fix for i910. let us know, thanks!

the link is the same! LOL

Guest ionizer5
the link is the same! LOL

not sure i understand what you are saying. My link is the same as what?

I'm saying the ops post in the other thread linked to this thread all of which was created before someone else mentioned that the original thread was broken in landscape. after that point, they fixed the i900 landscape and so i was wondering if this one had been fixed.

or are you saying the link in here is the same link as the original and therefore the file is the same...actually i think that is what you are saying now that i think about it

Guest eclsnowman

I cannot believe how fast and accurate this thing is. WOW, all I know is there better be some OEM's of this thing a cooking somewhere so the cooks can put it in the roms. Plus it looks kick A$$ with the black themed rom I am using.

not sure i understand what you are saying. My link is the same as what?

I'm saying the ops post in the other thread linked to this thread all of which was created before someone else mentioned that the original thread was broken in landscape. after that point, they fixed the i900 landscape and so i was wondering if this one had been fixed.

or are you saying the link in here is the same link as the original and therefore the file is the same...actually i think that is what you are saying now that i think about it

the link and version for i900 and i910 is the same...

so you can follow the original i900 link!;)

Guest DjCavin

Pardon my noobness.. Finally got a rom I love (Rob Storm's v11) , so I installed the cab above..

I cant get it to turn on.. I went into personal - Input - Changed it to Swype.. hit ok.. test.. nothing..

go back in, still set to samsung keyboard.

Pardon my noobness.. Finally got a rom I love (Rob Storm's v11) , so I installed the cab above..

I cant get it to turn on.. I went into personal - Input - Changed it to Swype.. hit ok.. test.. nothing..

go back in, still set to samsung keyboard.

I'm sure you did a soft reset... using Storm's 23511 but v11 should be fine...

I had the same issue if i rember when the keyboard come up another option menu came up and I once again clicked on SWYPE been great since then.

;) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest DjCavin

My Bad.. its the 23511.

1st thing I tried was the soft reset with no luck...

Here was the trick for me:

I ended up running through the tutorial.. which then set the keyboard to Swype. Once the tutorial was over, Swype was enabled.. weird. but hey.. it works and I love it.

Thank you for the response.

I'm sure you did a soft reset... using Storm's 23511 but v11 should be fine...

I had the same issue if i rember when the keyboard come up another option menu came up and I once again clicked on SWYPE been great since then.

;) ;)

Guest philwills
My Bad.. its the 23511.

1st thing I tried was the soft reset with no luck...

Here was the trick for me:

I ended up running through the tutorial.. which then set the keyboard to Swype. Once the tutorial was over, Swype was enabled.. weird. but hey.. it works and I love it.

Thank you for the response.

If you hold down the little keyboard circle on the menu bar, you can switch keyboards just like the little arrow did in old versions of WM.

Guest Atamagaokashii

I don't know if it's me or not but sometimes in the middle of "swype-ing" it'll ask me to verify if the number I'm texting is valid (like if you hit the send hard key to call form the texting menu) but I'm not hitting that key. Am I just being sloppy with my technique?

Guest CPTBeaker

This keyboard is great!!!

Just 5 minutes into using the keyboard, I'm much faster than the regular keyboard. It is super good at figuring out what you are trying to type. Even if it does not figure it out, the word selector popup is great and almost always has the word you were trying to type in the list.

It will be absolutely perfect if the slight 6.5.1 overlap issue is corrected. Even with the slight overlap on 6.5.1, it's still completely usable.

I don't know if it's me or not but sometimes in the middle of "swype-ing" it'll ask me to verify if the number I'm texting is valid (like if you hit the send hard key to call form the texting menu) but I'm not hitting that key. Am I just being sloppy with my technique?

do you have the latest SWYPE??

Have you tried the adjustment options for speed??

Maybe it needs to "learn" what your typing??

Hope it helps

;) ;)

OK Masters...

I really like the SWYPE keyboard.

So much so that I was wondering is their a USB touchpad that I can attach to a PC thats running XP that I can then use SWYPE on??? ;) ;)

Thank You

;) ;)