Windows Mobile 6.5 - (screenlock-)PIN suddenly invalid?

Guest Zusan

Hi,

Iam using a samsung omnia 2 (i8000) with windows mobile 6.5. I switched on the built-in screen- and device-lock from windows mobile in "windows - default"-mode (not "windows - classic"). I have the lock set to switch on after 1 min of idle-time, which also means I have to enter the pin after powering on the phone. Because of this setting I have to enter my pin about 5-10 times a day, which means Iam absolutely sure that I KNOW my pin.

On 28th of november it was the first time that the phone said that the entered pin is invalid after I powered it on. I tried my pin and some similar and standard pins (e.g. 0000, 1234, etc.), but with no success. And I had to give up on the point where I had to wait about 30 mins before I was allowed to try again. ;) So I had to hard-reset the phone to get it working again. I thought (and hoped) that this would be one time experience. But today I had the same problem again. And I had to hard-reset the phone again. This is not such a big problem as I only have to reinstall and configure my software again, but there was no loss of data or something. So it costed my just half an hour or so, but I really have a very strange feeling about that.

- As Iam using a numeric 5-digit-pin Iam sure I have no hazzle with caps-lock ;)

- Iam not using any pirate-copies or other "dangerous" software

- and, yes, it is my phone I bought it and it is not stolen or something like that ;)

As I think this is a wm-issue and not a omnia- or samsung-issue Iam posting this thing here. Is there anyone having any idea what I problem I have here? I mean, I cant believe that my pin changes by itself. Thats impossible. What the heck is going on here? I really, really appreciate any help in the investigation of this problem. Believe me, I know this sounds really weird and like a noob using a high-tech device, but Iam using wm since version 5 and for about 3 years now. So I think I somehow know what Iam doing. At least I thought so.

Zusan

Edited by Zusan

Guest Alshandron

Hi,

I also had this issue. My HD2 was not accepting my pin in the lock screen. Though, I was able to get it working after I took the battery out and therefore rebooted the phone. It hasn't locked up like that since that one time. It seems that Windows Mobile needs a reboot every week to keep it running, just like the desktop versions. ;)

I switch off, and therefore reboot, my phone usually every day. And I also tried to remove the battery when the problem occured, but it didnt help. So I think in your case this may have been something different maybe.

Zusan

• 3 weeks later...