OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest 00raq00

Microsoft has different COM trees which are active. All those branches / trees focus on a certain aspect of the OS and remain active even after the OS has been released.

For the 6.x build there are 5 active COM trees. The oldest (COM1) is the active development tree for 6.1, but it does not spawn many new builds as the focus is now WM 6.5.

COM2 and COM3 share the same base, but after build 23017 the COM3 tree branched off and got the 'new' layout. At this point COM2 remained the active development tree for 6.5 and spawns updates regularly (fixes the current released 6.5 build of Windows Mobile).

COM3 up to build 23088 is the tryout build for the new layout of Windows Mobile (replaces start menu, dropdown taskbar, etc.). This build is very experimental can contain bugs. It will be around for another couple of weeks when it will probably be terminated and integrated into COM5 or now COM8.

COM4 the branch, 234xx, is the (in)active OS development branch. It focusses on updating the main Windows OS (Win CE 5.2). It is known for it's new Outlook interface. It's currently uknown (to me) if it's still active, but it hasn't got any updates in the past few weeks ago. The Outlook updates have been coorporated into the COM3 branch.

COM5 is the branch starting with 235xx, and contains at this point nothing new. It's unknown what the main focus is, but it is likely to replace COM3 and COM4 and integrate all the changes uptill now. This means the other COM trees will die off and become active once the OS get's released (as was the case with COM2 and COM3)...

COM8 is currently the most stable and contain the integration of another experimental branches.

Guest Hanif Jiwani
ockroms.png 

I've been following the discussions here on Modaco, and have been reading up various sources on how to cook up a custom rom. After gathering some of the wisdom and knowledge from other helpful rom chefs, I'm happy to present my roms for the i900 Omnia.

Having problems with keyboards, M2D etc? Remember to read my second post, where you can find solutions to common problems you may encounter, such as problems with M2D Home Weather, Wifi etc. And don't forget your best friend Google. If there's a particular issue you can't resolve, post it here and I'll try to get back to you within 3 working days :P .

And to help you pick a suitable rom, check out this handy chart which I've put together following feedback from our friends here. Also check out Sb.'s post on the different build branches.

Trying a custom rom for the first time? Read up Sector's guide first, and follow it up with tips from Angel's collection. It's a good idea to backup your contacts, messages etc before each flash.

Build 23118

A COM3 build by popular request :D Seems there's no bold camera fonts bug in this build as well. Differences in COM3 build include the display of your Operator in the lockscreen, and instant update of the battery icon when you plug/unplug. I've integrated threaded email and the latest Office Mobile as well, so you won't miss out on the goodies from COM5 builds.

Other new stuff include the ability to open SWF games directly. Tap and hold to bring up a menu where you can toggle fullscreen mode. I've also made changes to the Autorun procedure, you can safely tap on the screen to continue without waiting for it to reboot first. It will reboot once after all your cabs are installed.

EDIT: Left out the FM Radio shortcut while tidying up some files, here's a quick fix for that.

What's new:

- Added InboxExtender

- Added TV Out Viewer

- Added Connected Home

- Added support for opening SWF files

- Added Chobit SmartLock

- Added SRSWOW as some were having BT audio issues (not included in UL)

- Added AudioNotes to Premium build

- Added SmartReader to Premium build

What's changed:

- Updated Google Maps to version 4.1 (with voice search)

- Streamlined cab installation process - now it requires only one reboot

- Some housekeeping for icon names

Removed:

- Removed OmniaLite File Manager from Premium

Premium.png

Updated: 12th May 2010

Free Storage: 88 MB

Free memory: 55 MB

Download: Mediafire (103 MB)

23118_Premium.jpg

M2D3.png

Updated: 10th May 2010

Free Storage: 120 MB

Free memory: 56 MB

Download: Upload Jockey (90 MB)

23118_M2DV2.png

m2d_c.png

Free Storage: 125 MB

Free memory: 56 MB

Download: Mediafire (85 MB)

23118_M2DClassic.jpg

titanium4.png

Updated: 10th May 2010

Free Storage: 141 MB

Free memory: 64 MB

Download: Mediafire (73 MB)

23118_Titanium.png

ul4.png

Free Storage: 169 MB

Free memory: 64 MB

Download: Mediafire (51 MB)

Big THANKS to all who donated!

Thanks for all your support :D

• Chandan
  • Sapunkov
  • netutopic
  • amb123
  • chris (mpayne)
  • X-Pro
  • Kev23
  • Daniel Neugebauer
  • Árgyélus
  • skoda60

Thanks also to everyone who has encouraged me with your kind words :P

CREDITS:

Recipe providers:

PaSSoA

Shokka

Nicklashidegard

Pots and pans and other tools from:

bepe - Platform Rebuilder

Jason8/ Racer7 -CAB Converter tool

pako777 - I900 EXECUTOR and camera fix

sztupy - SYAKR Tool and Favorite Hackings

Vistang - wonderful Visual Kitchen

bikertibi - tshres patcher

Ingredients by:

Da_G, DFT, Monkeybape- New rom builds

rtomakov, waremike32 - Advice and Rom build re-uploads

Jeffrey2000 - Great-looking W7 Premium theme

amarullz - Fantastic BlueBlack Windows Theme

m.carroll - PureBlack theme

Omar Junior, Zubnik, Weirdo - wonderful M2D skins

htctoucher - great M2Dv1 skin

thekevster - For his great work on action screen tab

Jumba - M2D theme tweaks

Dinik - Great icons!

Sb - Hi-quality icons

Zitoun - More icons

escobol - Grey Samsung Keyboard skin

DJ Pete - Sense Lockscreen

bgill55/bga7x - Russian Black skins

Paul - for modaco.com, and fantastic support for us chefs

Sector - Amazing porting work and roms

zemrwhite2 - rotation animation tricks

Hosting and Mirrors by:

Sinaaa - Many thanks for providing me web hosting.

fense - Freakshare mirrors!

advancedpcs - Direct downloads. Yipee!

Not forgetting...

All rom chefs (including but not limited to : Khuanchai, Sector, Ryrzy, Nicklashidegard, lexuz, Mr Hammer etc) for their hard work, advice and inspiration.

A special shout-out to fellow new chefs cruddasj, MAMBO04, Bruno Adler, DelBossco, steff195. I didn't have time to try out your roms, but can see from the screenshots that you guys are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up and hope to see more cool stuff!

Hi ock

Have flashed your rom 23118 premium. running good. great job done by you. many thanks to you. :P

Guest LeeChamFun

How do I get back the default Samsung Mobile that allows you to set infinite alarms? I don't really like the one with only 3 alarms...

Guest saad123edd

helloo Ock, man u r doing a wondrful job... keep it up n God bless u....

i hv a qts, i m using 28205, itz gr8, i have only one issue, i.e delay whnever i reply to a sms it takez time n sumtimes in multi taskng, i hate diz !

So wht u recomnd me, should i install 23118 to ovrcome thiz delay or continue using 28205 ???

n last thng, is thr any effect on battry usage with thz buildz ???

Thnkz... waitng for ur reply n other memberz as well :P

Guest jpotrpin

hello guys, OCK!

does anybody know how to set up newly installed Opera Mini browser to be default system browser. Now, when i want to open some link from Twikini (twitter client), they are opened with internet explorer, which i don't like.

How to get rid off Internet explorer from the system.

Thank you for your help.

NICE Roms OCK, love them a lot!!! Fast, Stable, lots of space.

BeGood

J.

Guest specione

thanks for all ur job ock i love this new rom , i have the premium one , but i have a small problem , how can i change the background from the settings tab ? cause when i tap wallpaper , nothing happens.

Thanks OCK, we've updated the file on our server too :)

Enjoy,

Advancedpcs :(

Thanks a lot for the fast mirrors ;)

How do I get back the default Samsung Mobile that allows you to set infinite alarms? I don't really like the one with only 3 alarms...

Install the original Samsung Clock from this thread

helloo Ock, man u r doing a wondrful job... keep it up n God bless u....

i hv a qts, i m using 28205, itz gr8, i have only one issue, i.e delay whnever i reply to a sms it takez time n sumtimes in multi taskng, i hate diz !

So wht u recomnd me, should i install 23118 to ovrcome thiz delay or continue using 28205 ???

n last thng, is thr any effect on battry usage with thz buildz ???

Thnkz... waitng for ur reply n other memberz as well :D

Opening messages up does take a while, seems to be an issue with most builds. 23118 seems to have slight improvements in terms of 23563 in terms of battery life, imo.

hello guys, OCK!

does anybody know how to set up newly installed Opera Mini browser to be default system browser. Now, when i want to open some link from Twikini (twitter client), they are opened with internet explorer, which i don't like.

How to get rid off Internet explorer from the system.

Thank you for your help.

NICE Roms OCK, love them a lot!!! Fast, Stable, lots of space.

BeGood

J.

I don't think there's a way to pass URLs to Opera Mini, saw a workaround based on Mortscript but I'm not sure if it'll work properly :(

thanks for all ur job ock i love this new rom , i have the premium one , but i have a small problem , how can i change the background from the settings tab ? cause when i tap wallpaper , nothing happens.

For the home tab, change it by going to using Settings>Home. For the other tabs, the included M2DC allows you to change the backgrounds.

Guest PJ_Omnia

Hi Ock!

Using you're custom premium rom 23563 and wondering about Wifi, I always have much lower connection strength its lower compared to my laptop for example. Is the integrated Wifi antenna weaker?

Anybody else experience same thing?

P.S. Why did u change to com3 and why not to com8? D.S.

Best regards

Edited by PJ_Omnia

Guest ObiMaul

Hi Ock !

I just install urs M2D (23118). i have one question. Problem with radio. i just saw and download ur fix, but i dont know where or how to copy, install or whatever it takes. Can u help me, or someone from here ??? Plss

Regards

Edited by ObiMaul

Guest mattaM

hello ock,

i have a little question about your new omnia i900 premium rom (build 23118).

whitch keyboard has it build in ?

the standard omnia keyboard or touchpal ?

tnx

Edited by mattaM

Guest X-pro
hello ock,

i have a little question about your new omnia i900 premium rom (build 23118).

whitch keyboard has it build in ?

the standard omnia keyboard or touchpal ?

tnx

standard and touch keyboard

Guest Kampos
Hi Ock !

I just install urs M2D (23118). i have one question. Problem with radio. i just saw and download ur fix, but i dont know where or how to copy, install or whatever it takes. Can u help me, or someone from here ??? Plss

Regards

I think u need to install the cab .. and thats all . the fix is in a cab file

Guest Kampos
Hi Ock!

Using you're custom premium rom 23563 and wondering about Wifi, I always have much lower connection strength its lower compared to my laptop for example. Is the integrated Wifi antenna weaker?

Anybody else experience same thing?

P.S. Why did u change to com3 and why not to com8? D.S.

Best regards

I think it's the omnia wifi receiver cuz Laptop signal is always better than a mobile signal . My laptop shows 10 wifi connections .. my omnia gives me 4 or 5 wifi connections for example , i think it's normal

Guest Kampos
ock, I found your latest ROM slow as hell..

Am I the only one?

Maybe after a soft reset will get fast as usual it happens with me after installing from XDA_UC folder many cab files it get slower but after a soft reset it gets alot better

Guest ObiMaul
Hi Ock !

Regards

I think u need to install the cab .. and thats all . the fix is in a cab file

hmmm... in fix is only this three files: SHORTCUT.000, 0FMRADIO.001, _setup.xml. can u explane me what to do ?

thanks anyway

Edited by ObiMaul

Guest Kampos
hmmm... in fix is only this three files: SHORTCUT.000, 0FMRADIO.001, _setup.xml. can u explane me what to do ?

thanks anyway

Hi, download the fix again but don't open it on your pc it's a compress file if u used the winrar to open it u will see these files . all you need just copy fix.cab into your mobile

phone storage card for example and navigate to it using file explorer click on it and choose device

i hope i could have helped

Edited by Kampos

Guest ObiMaul
Hi, download the fix again but don't open it on your pc it's a compress file if u used the winrar to open it u will see these files . all you need just copy fix.cab into your mobile

phone storage card for example and navigate to it using file explorer click on it and choose device

i hope i could have helped

Fixed,

Thanks

Edited by ObiMaul