OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest pafel9
I see in the poll most of u guys want samsung keyboard, seriously, cant u install ur desired keyboard later on. in this way the rom will be lighter and at the same time u'll have chance to have only 1 keyboard instead of having 2/3 which u won't use anyway. OCK please consider my thought. tnx

....but is it not logical? samsung keyboard is still a simple (with nice look) keyboard, and what most important - much usefull than original keyboard from microsoft.

Someone likes keyboard from HTC, someone Finger keyboard, and other Swype keyboard, but i think, better is to use as default a samsung keybroard in samsung device, than any other :) Am I right? We can to think, it is an elementary keyboard, which is build in ROM/WM for Omnia, and forget about original WM keyboard, which nobody use (i suppose, i don't make a mistake).

Is it not better, when we get a ROM, wich have included simply useful keyboard, than kayboard, wich is completely useless and exist only theoretically?

So is my opinion. I hope, I don't wrote any stupid things.

....but is it not logical? samsung keyboard is still a simple (with nice look) keyboard, and what most important - much usefull than original keyboard from microsoft.

Someone likes keyboard from HTC, someone Finger keyboard, and other Swype keyboard, but i think, better is to use as default a samsung keybroard in samsung device, than any other :) Am I right? We can to think, it is an elementary keyboard, which is build in ROM/WM for Omnia, and forget about original WM keyboard, which nobody use (i suppose, i don't make a mistake).

Is it not better, when we get a ROM, wich have included simply useful keyboard, than kayboard, wich is completely useless and exist only theoretically?

I don't like samsung keyboard...i'm using finger keyboard. so samsung keyboard is kinda useless for me if this keyboard existed. so i prefer if rom cooked with no keyboard

Guest Rebels

i understand my friend but u can install it later on right? Lets say i don't like samsung keyboard, so i can install the 1 i like and in this way i'll have only 1 keyboard in my phone, but if samsung keyboard is already built in i'll have to live with 2 keyboard for no reason. we r all asking for light roms but r we giving the chefs much choices to do any?!!

Guest ...angel...

+1 for the samsung keyboard... anyway it wont take so much of the device's memory...

Guest tingchung_chin

Leiz and Rebels, i think the chef will take in consideration both your concern and opinion, so i'll say, this call goes to the chef, let the chef decide as the ROM was created by him, and this goona be his unique ROM. :)

besides, i use only Samsung Keyboard, i use SK Tools to disable the rest, hahaha...

Edited by tingchung_chin

Build 23518 (M2D, Titanium, UltraLite)

BTAR is not included in this release. My next release would add BTAR back again.

For easy and problem-free rom flashing, run the EXE directly. It should automatically restart after the cab installation. If it doesn't, go to the Tools folder in the start menu and tap on "Autorun" (with the funny red icon).

I will be concentrating on M2D and Lite versions in future builds due to other priorities ;) , so I will not be releasing the normal/Classic Titanium version in the future. Thanks to all who've tested my previous Titanium roms.

Changelog:

- New COM5 Build 23518 with Office Mobile 2010 and threaded email

- FIXED: Time reset bug

- FIXED: Youtube works correctly now (M2D only)

- FIXED: TCalendar can now be launched from Titanium home screen (Not in UL)

- FIXED: Google Maps should not crash now when enabling GPS (M2D only)

- FIXED: "Internet Explorer Cannot Download Blank" error

- FIXED: Missing notification sliders on M2D version

- IMPROVED: Performance tweaks

- IMPROVED: Minor touch response tweaks

- IMPROVED: Reduced lag on lockscreen

- IMPROVED: Faster cab installation/ autorun process

- IMPROVED: Replaced almost all remaining low-res icons

- IMPROVED: Warning before soft reset after cab installation

- REMOVED: Startup and shutdown sounds

- REMOVED: S2U2

- REMOVED: BTAR fix (couldn't solve touch screen bug when playing audio)

- ADDED: Dusk Lockscreen (by  grzegorz10 and modified by Sector)

EDIT: I've left in AudioGainControl by mistake. If you need to do advanced tweaking of the volume, download and install the Soundtester cab attached to this post

EDIT: There have been initial reports that battery drain is heavier in this version. If so, install this  cab and softreset. This restores the power-saving tweaks which were removed from this version.

M2D Black (WM6.5 Build 23518)

Updated: 08 Jan 2010

Download:Mediafire  ( 83 MB)

Free storage:  125 MB

Free memory:  56 MB  

Audio Manager and HTC Album not included. If you need them, install these 2 cabs, enable their respective tabs using M2DC, and soft reset.

M2D_23518_1.PngM2D_23518_2.PngM2D_23518_3.Png

M2D_23518_5.PngM2D_23518_6.PngM2D_23518.Png

Titanium Classic Black (WM6.5 Build 23518)

Updated: 08 Jan 2010

Download: Mediafire (65 MB)

Free storage: 151 MB

Free memory:  60 MB

Titanium_23518_1.PngTitanium_23518_5.PngTitanium_23518_6.Png

Titanium_23518_2.PngTitanium_23518_4.PngTitanium_23518_3.Png

UltraLite (WM6.5 Build 23518)

08 Jan 2010

For those who prefer to install the latest of everything by cabs   :o

EDIT: Updated version to fix error with clock.exe not launching. If cab installation does not start automatically, run it from the Tools folder in the start menu. It will install your cab files and tidy up some shortcuts, and then will restart automatically once it's done.

Download: Mediafire(53 MB   :o )

Free storage:  169 MB

Free memory:  65 MB

Removed:

- Chinese font (If you need it: Kaidi cab uploaded by tim1979)

- Samsung Volume Control

- NoData

- FavHacking

- Alarm sounds

- Office

- OneNote

- Marketplace

- Flash Lite 3.1

- OmniaLite apps (Phonebook, callog etc)

As a lite rom, my idea is not to restrict you to a choice of keyboards, browsers etc. You can get some cabs here. XDA_UC is cooked in, so you can easily install all your favorite programs. More details on my second post. Screen calibration is skipped, but do remember to set the time after the reboot B) .

hi ock, some report on UL 28205 :

2. is there no calllog feature from default wm6.5? from phone,option, call log, missing calllog.exe -> is this samsung dialer feature?

Yup, it's a Samsung program. Calllog should work in my upcoming release.

Next would be 23518 or not? B)

Yup, doing some final testing now.

I've decided not to include the samsung keyboard in the Titanium version. It will also be my last Normal Titanium version :) . I'm planning to pick up a programming language and hence won't have that much time to build and test 3 different versions. I'll consider releasing UltraLite versions occasionally though ;) .

Edited by ock

Guest amb123

Hi OCK,

Thanks for you hard work.

Well, after a week of using 28205 M2D, I came across of several annoying little things. First of all M2D crashes way to often. I can name many apps that crash it. UCWEB, Skyfire, Asphalt 4, Coreplayer and so on... It seems that any resource hungry app does it. After closing any of them I get the message "Tap here to launch TouchFLO"... I already mentioned before problems with S2U2... Showcase is painfully slow to open. I installed Acer task manager. It is a quick and light program but does not get along with something (I suspect - showcase). After opening it a couple of times the phone froze, I had to SR. Not everything in M2DC works (changing fonts and color for some tabs is a problem)...

Now about good things: Extremely fast GPS signal pickup. Bluetooth/WiFi/EDGE connections have no problems. Very nice job beautifying the interface. Great incorporation of omnia light calendar.

Suggestions: 1.Remove s2u2. Some of us like it (I do) some don't. It is freely available; so, I don't think there is going to be a problem to install it from a cab.

2.Include birthday manila app in you next ROM. By the way if there is a chance to associate it with the calendar/agenda so it will remind about upcoming BDs, it would be great.

Guest Rebels
ock I like your roms and epsecially classic titanium cause is better when lite apps are cooked in the rom

Are you going stop cooking them?

thanx

Yes, cause he doesn't have much time to cook 3 roms at a time since he's gonna get busy with his prog language. But he said he'll still cook M2D and lite occasionally. that's good enough for me.  :)

Hi OCK,

Thanks for you hard work.

Well, after a week of using 28205 M2D, I came across of several annoying little things. First of all M2D crashes way to often. I can name many apps that crash it. UCWEB, Skyfire, Asphalt 4, Coreplayer and so on... It seems that any resource hungry app does it. After closing any of them I get the message "Tap here to launch TouchFLO"... ..

M2DC works (changing fonts and color for some tabs is a problem)...

Now about good things: Extremely fast GPS signal pickup. Bluetooth/WiFi/EDGE connections have no problems. Very nice job beautifying the interface. Great incorporation of omnia light calendar.

2.Include birthday manila app in you next ROM. By the way if there is a chance to associate it with the calendar/agenda so it will remind about upcoming BDs, it would be great.

M2D may crash if there are too many programs running. This is a bug that could be linked to WM6.5's new memory management system. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to a working fix for that currently.

I've seen the birthday app, it's really cool but as not everyone would need it, I'll leave it to the user to install it by cab.

Yes, cause he doesn't have much time to cook 3 roms at a time since he's gonna get busy with his prog language. But he said he'll still cook M2D and lite occasionally. that's good enough for me.  :)

Cooking does take up a lot of time, as I have to test for bugs, fix them, re-cook and reflash to check. Uploading and downloading uploaded roms to test for corrupted uploads also take time on my connection, hence my decision to concentrate on releasing M2D builds (which I personally use ;) ), and the occasional UltraLite build. I see that Laurie9300 is working on some great UltraLite roms, if I find that his is "lighter" than mine, who knows, I may switch back to Titanium Classic builds again B) .

Dear OCK, the office 2010 u used is it time bombed? tnx for the new roms, waiting for the classic titanium to be uploaded ;)

Nope, I don't think so. Just did a little check by fast-forwarding the time to 2012. Already uploaded Classic Titanium but downloading it to double check.

EDIT: All 3 versions are now ready for download. Enjoy!

Edited by ock

Guest Michelle My Belle
what's that pin screen?...

I guess he means either his phone is locked at the PDA lockscreen - if he's using this or he's stuck at the Phone's SIM lockscreen (PIN - Personal Identification Number).

;-)

MMB.