OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest tingchung_chin
Hi OCK,

Just a couple of minutes ago found a reference to the same problem with MS Word 2010 in another thread. It is a thread for PDhee ROMS (checked it myself later... yes, the same problem...)

I also wanted to share.

I loaded PDhee's M2D ROM 23518 on my other omnia for comparison to yours M2D 23518. And from what I can tell, your ROM look esthetically much cleaner and bcz of that nicer. Set of apps you put in your ROMS seems to be more thoughtfully organized, for the lack of a better word (this is very subjective, however). I do need to say that PDhee refers to his last M2D rom as an experimental ROM; so, it is not the time to make a final judgment... The stability of M2D itself is unfortunately about the same, I guess, due to WM6.5 power management issue. I have not run benchmarks on his ROM neither have done an extensive testing yet, but one of the obvious (first look) indication of any ROM's speed for me is how quickly opens up windows folder. His was a little bit faster, not much though. What definitely strikes me in his ROM is the unbelievable touch sensitivity (feels almost like Iphone). Scrolling is not as smooth as yours though. I like the integration of the omnia light calendar in your ROM; his does not have it... I also love how quickly GPS picks up the signal on your ROM (very important to me). Ultimately, I decided to stick with your ROMs. I think you moving in the right direction. I like the wonderful support you provide to us (which is a chore on its own). What can I say, keep up a good work and we will help as much as we can.

Thank you.

i do agreed with u on Mr.PDhee's touch sensitivity, 1 word for his touch sensitivity, IMPRESSIVE!!! but too much with free application where i can install to my storage rather than device :)

So, i really love OCK's UL ROM where i can customize my own style :) :) :) this man really doing a great job!

Guest iyancoolbgt

I'm using your M2D latest ROM..

Nice ROM dude, I like it..

but I have several question for you to answer..

1. Where is the mouse?? can I enable it?

2. Weather in "home" can't get update, when updating it says "no weather data available", I need the weather dude, please help me!!

3. I searched for TV-Out, and it's not exist!! , is TV-out not available in this ROM?? if available where can I access it??

I'm waiting your fast reply Ock, you rocks!!

will u release titanium version with your new kitchen? please...

because i use the office a lot,can't switch to UL version.. and haven't seen anyone port office mobile 2010 standalone. 

btw, for UL version, does the titanium home calender bring to Touch Calender? Or it is still default because u mention no OmniaLIte program being installed in UL version.

mayb u can use color of to differentiate between three ROM, just a suggestion.

somemore, ur polls seem like unable to vote if we voted any of ur question b4.

I'll probably release a titanium normal version, but M2D and UL will take first priority. 

UL doesn't include Touch Calendar. As for using colours to differentiate the versions, it's a good suggestion I'll consider. I'm thinking of including a wallpaper for the M2D version. What do you guys think? And thanks for the note on the poll. Need to figure out how it works  :)

hi ock! your roms are great, thanks for all! everything runs with no issues  :)

when can we expect another version?

Maybe sometime this week? Need new ingredients to cook  :)

I'm using your M2D latest ROM..

Nice ROM dude, I like it..

but I have several question for you to answer..

1. Where is the mouse?? can I enable it?

2. Weather in "home" can't get update, when updating it says "no weather data available", I need the weather dude, please help me!!

3. I searched for TV-Out, and it's not exist!! , is TV-out not available in this ROM?? if available where can I access it??

I'm waiting your fast reply Ock, you rocks!!

1. Nope fingermouse doesn't work well and I've removed it. I did build a rom with it working perfectly without the weird squares, but it has one bug - you need to press twice to wake the device up.

2. Try the steps listed on my second post.

3. Try this cab from Sector's Samsung Applications Repository

EDIT:

hi ock. do you have a plan, to use pointui and pointsense on your rom?

Unfortunately, PointUI is not free, so I won't be cooking it in. I had some problems with the free version. :)

Edited by ock

Guest iyancoolbgt
2. Try the steps listed on my second post.

Thanks for your fast reply..

Okey, I did what you said, I try to update and yes it works in weather tab, but still, the weather didn't show up in home screen, it still says "tap to update weather"..

What should I do then, I'm confuse. help!!

Guest thescope

Hey OCK,

Fantastic ROMs!

I was wondering if you plan to update the M2D?

Thanks, keep it up!

P.S. I cant seem to find a donate link..

Edited by thescope

Guest tingchung_chin

Okey, I did what you said, I try to update and yes it works in weather tab, but still, the weather didn't show up in home screen, it still says "tap to update weather"..

if this step cant help, then you will need to hard reset, gd luck my friend :)

Report:: 23518 Titanium unable to open .pdf... :)

I didn't include Adobe Reader. Try this page.

Hi iyancoolbgt, which country are you from?

OCK,

Have you found the problem some cabs not displaying correctly in UL rom?

I believe it's related to autorun.exe. Some cabs may need user interaction and autorun doesn't handle this well. I'll add support for a manual option for such cabs in my next release.

Hey OCK, Fantastic ROMs!

I was wondering if you plan to update the M2D?

Thanks, keep it up!

P.S. I cant seem to find a donate link..

Yes, M2D version will be updated when new builds are out. 

Just added a small link to my signature, if you wish to give a small token  :)

Guest iyancoolbgt

Hi Ock.. never mind, the weather problem is solved for my Omnia, thanks to all of you guys..

another abnormal thing I've found in M2D latest version, I don't know if we can call it a bug or not:

when I was using Samsung Official ROM DXIA5, when connected via activesync to a PC with internet connection, then the device will use the internet connection from the PC, not from the service provider (operator). But now I can't do it in this ROM, I want the internet connection from the PC, so my pulse won't be drained..

are there any settings that I can do??

I didn't include Adobe Reader. Try this page.

Hi iyancoolbgt, which country are you from?

I believe it's related to autorun.exe. Some cabs may need user interaction and autorun doesn't handle this well. I'll add support for a manual option for such cabs in my next release.

Yes, M2D version will be updated when new builds are out. 

Just added a small link to my signature, if you wish to give a small token  :)

Thanks OCK. Great rom. Keep it up

Try here: #2

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...-m2d2-home-tab/

Edited by AnhPhe

Guest adomolis

Hey OCK. I installed your Build 21889 (UltraLite only). I really love this build, so simple, yet awesome. But what i didn't like was the scrollig bars. Bitmaps look distorted and choppy. Any way to fix this without reinstaling the rom? I think there is problem in bitmap size. Perhaps its possible to resize/edit them ?

Guest iyancoolbgt

OCK, I can't receive files via bluetooth, it always says "transfer failed" from the sender phone, what's happening???

I'm using your latest M2D build..

thanks OCK, I'm waiting for your fast reply

I have used the phone radio all day and still I have 100% battery life in UL rom

nearly the same.. had wifi on 4 about 4 hours at nite and battery went from 100 to 90.. awesome!! usually i would look at my phone after that amount of time and it would be dead..

Guest Barry_Chanlo

thats what i like about ocks rom, battery life, im using titanium normal, today is the third day of the phone, at its still showing 60percent batt life, i hope this would not be the last titanium normal ock, thanks! super great work :)