OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest g3n3ral
I really think that quality is better than quantity. So what if he released 20 builds, but they a full of bugs. OCK releases one by one, but makes sure that all errors are fixed. So I think it's better to have one build, but a good one instead of 10 builds, but unstable.

really?

I just want to say thanks for the great roms ! i'm using the "Special Premium edition" of your rom , all the aplication are the right ones that i use and i feel that are useful! , but ( i know... i know ... there is allways a but :D) could you please release the exact same version but whit the Titanium ? the M2D version keeps hanging my phone, i constant have to soft reset it.

I installed Titanium Sense, from the .cab in your first post and activated it and is working fine, axcept the weather doesn't update to my location, neither on M2D in the homescreen "No weather data available"

I couldn't update via 3g but the wifi worked fine.

Enhanced gps via wifi and gps runs "fine" ( still 1 min waiting time)

Guest ^nighthawk^

I'm using the special rom now having had problems with ocnnecting to my GPRS on the ultralite and titanium. It is much slower to connect than the previous roms used, but it does eventually connect so i am using the special for now. The rom speed itself it nice though.

When you cant connect on the lite and ultralite it almost freezes the phone, i install my settings for GPRS and MMS via CAB file so i did wonder if it was something new involved in the 24000 builds. But the Special (a different series) works fine for me.

On a side note someone should write an app that switches the sleep timer based on Garmin/TomTom/ANOther, could be a simple app and just change the 1 registry key. Cause that isnt really ock's fault, he's put in the GPS fix for most in the ROM and Garmin just needs a slight tweak.

Edited by ^nighthawk^

hi everyone...i'm using ock 28218 special premium edition..it's great..thank you for your work ock..

i would like to install easy today launcher but i install it but nothing will appear on home tab,,i select easy today laucher item in home settings and set programs (4) but nothing also after a soft reset...any ideas? hints?

how can i make easy today launcher work?

Guest Patrick1963

Hello Ock,

I re-flashed my omnia (i900) with ock_PremiumSpecialEdition_28218.exe and everything works great!!!! (even internet access)

(love Nitrogen!)

One question though: I use PIM backup to restore my contact's (with photo/call-sound), what i would like to backup is my email-setup (i have 3 mail-accounts) so i won't have to keep typing in the pop3/password/login-names/smtp/etc.. etc...

Is that possible? (do i need to export registry keys?)

Guest kimitza

ock, you're the only chef :D. I've tried one of steff's roms, but it was to laggy and sluggish. After flashing your roms(UL version), i never tried another :D. Is there a way to modify those toolbars? If not, i don't think 6.5.5 is useless. Although it's faster and way better, what's the point to flash if there are problems with simple applications? Sorry to say, i'll stay on 21889 :lol:. It's clean, fast and it suites my needs :lol:. Thanks again ock. Like i've said, you are the chef :D

Edited by kimitza

Guest Barry_Chanlo

hey ock great work, but many new builds have been buggy for me. so i went back to 23518 its perfect for me, hope you would bring us some new builds, and can i ask how you put the ftouchsl in your roms?

hey ock great work, but many new builds have been buggy for me. so i went back to 23518 its perfect for me, hope you would bring us some new builds, and can i ask how you put the ftouchsl in your roms?

Same here. 23518 seems to be overall the best quality. I also think that trying to catch every new built out there lowers the quality. I usually expect a certain number of little bugs here and there on the custom roms but the issues on the latest builds are pretty major. In my opinion every new built should be based on two major components: 1. Introduction of the new features. 2. Improving quality and performance of the previous ones. In many instances it seems not to be the case.

I am not saying that all the cooks on Modaco, XDA and whatnot should stop experimenting with the new things but I don't think it is a good thing to rush. It is not an assembly line afterall.

Hi there,

I use M2D 25001, but after some hours of use after reboot the backlight won't turn off. Display stays on, the whole day or night. Only a reboot resolves this problem - until it starts again after some time. Any ideas?

Thanks!

hi everyone...i'm using ock 28218 special premium edition..it's great..thank you for your work ock..

i would like to install easy today launcher but i install it but nothing will appear on home tab,,i select easy today laucher item in home settings and set programs (4) but nothing also after a soft reset...any ideas? hints?

how can i make easy today launcher work?

I've not have time to look at it in detail. I've tried to cook it in but there's a prompt that comes up when M2D is restarted, which may be annoying to some.

One question though: I use PIM backup to restore my contact's (with photo/call-sound), what i would like to backup is my email-setup (i have 3 mail-accounts) so i won't have to keep typing in the pop3/password/login-names/smtp/etc.. etc...

Is that possible? (do i need to export registry keys?)

I'd like to know the answer to this too, because I re-flash very often. :D

I love your ROM very much!!!

But I have problem with 3G on build 28218

Can you make a hot fix this problem? Thank you very much!

Yup, working on a new version at this moment, but I'll test it a bit more. 28xxx builds seem pretty memory-hungry.

Same here. 23518 seems to be overall the best quality. I also think that trying to catch every new built out there lowers the quality. I usually expect a certain number of little bugs here and there on the custom roms but the issues on the latest builds are pretty major. In my opinion every new built should be based on two major components: 1. Introduction of the new features. 2. Improving quality and performance of the previous ones. In many instances it seems not to be the case.

I am not saying that all the cooks on Modaco, XDA and whatnot should stop experimenting with the new things but I don't think it is a good thing to rush. It is not an assembly line afterall.

Agreed. I'll most probably release one version at a time, and get some feedback. Uploading these roms are actually one of the most time-consuming part of cooking :D

I'll try to test my rom as thoroughly as possible, but as I don't use some features, I may miss certain bugs. e.g. I use wifi for internet, and thus didn't notice anything wrong with 3G on 28218.

Hi there,

I use M2D 25001, but after some hours of use after reboot the backlight won't turn off. Display stays on, the whole day or night. Only a reboot resolves this problem - until it starts again after some time. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Do you have the wifi power-saving mode off? It may be the cause of the problem if you didn't turn off wifi.

Guest ^nighthawk^
I've not have time to look at it in detail. I've tried to cook it in but there's a prompt that comes up when M2D is restarted, which may be annoying to some.

I'd like to know the answer to this too, because I re-flash very often. :D

Yup, working on a new version at this moment, but I'll test it a bit more. 28xxx builds seem pretty memory-hungry.

Agreed. I'll most probably release one version at a time, and get some feedback. Uploading these roms are actually one of the most time-consuming part of cooking :D

I'll try to test my rom as thoroughly as possible, but as I don't use some features, I may miss certain bugs. e.g. I use wifi for internet, and thus didn't notice anything wrong with 3G on 28218.

Do you have the wifi power-saving mode off? It may be the cause of the problem if you didn't turn off wifi.

I agree on the 23518, the Titanium Rom is very nice this is one i always keep on my system.

Thank you.

It was on, but it doesn't matter, I put it off and display keeps on.

Guest MimomaN

Hello all

right now i am using OCK's room last version " Build 28218 "

you know it comes with M2D theme

Now i want to remove all the themes on the room , and make it without any " Stock theme "

i can't find any option to make that , in " Remove program " also i can't find any theme program to remove !

please tell me how , because i want to use Spb shell with OCK's room , i like it

" OCK's room + Spb shell " <--- please tell me how to make that

waiting your reply friends

Thanks

Guest kimitza
Hello all

right now i am using OCK's room last version " Build 28218 "

you know it comes with M2D theme

Now i want to remove all the themes on the room , and make it without any " Stock theme "

i can't find any option to make that , in " Remove program " also i can't find any theme program to remove !

please tell me how , because i want to use Spb shell with OCK's room , i like it

" OCK's room + Spb shell " <--- please tell me how to make that

waiting your reply friends

Thanks

You don't have to uninstall any theme. Just install spb mobile shell and it will be the default theme. But i don't recommand any rom newer than 21889 . I'm using it and it's very good. i've tried both 24604 and 28218, but the new toolbars make the omnia almost unusable. You can't close applications, can't finish installation etc. :D. Until there will be a fix on this, the best rom(UL) is 21889.

Guest Nauro Jr.

In 24604 M2D the rotate screen don't work. In Settings>System><Motion Sensor don't work too. How to habilit?

Sorry for the bad inglish....

Edited by Nauro Jr.

Guest lieuliau

Hi all!

I found a solution to 3G problem with 28218 build. Hope this work with you :D

Go to Settings > Connections > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks

At " Programs automatically connects to Internet using ... ", choose My Internet instead of My ISP.

Edited by lieuliau

Guest Patrick1963

Hello Ock,

I am on ock_PremiumSpecialEdition_28218.exe and i noticed that the lock-screen is kind off slugish (slow).

ps: I am testingt Spritebackup to see if it will backup my email-settings! (is not freeware but a backup can be restored even if the trial period has been reached) The restorefile that you create becomes an executable!

ps2: IT WORKS! (my settings& mail from gmail and mail from my ISP was restored!, the only thing i couldn't do is backup my outlook-mail/settings which is from my work/Groupwise. I supose it WILL work for others who do not have a groupwise account (Novell network)

Edited by Patrick1963