Acer kernel -- where is it?

Guest darklegend

Not that I know of... would be nice to get it tho! Annoyingly the stock kernel has /proc/config.gz disabled, so we can't even snoop at what's included and what's not!

P

Guest darklegend

Hi Paul,

Have you tried searching for it in the boot partition?

Like some linux distros, the config.gz file for the kernel maybe placed in other locations.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ogglord
Hi Paul,

Have you tried searching for it in the boot partition?

Like some linux distros, the config.gz file for the kernel maybe placed in other locations.

The news of someone getting their hands on the liquid's kernel source would be my biggest xmas wish

• 1 month later...
... i want my 1GHz liquid...

I think the most important thing with the kernel-source is to make our device up-to-date with the android-development.

I want to be able to use 2.x-applications when they starts to release now when the Nexus1 is our there and people writing application for this device/android-version.

Guest Uberadri

As I read somewhere else here; Acer is obliged to release the kernel source, but there is no deadline. Also they want to document it before they release it so developers can understand it.

Guest pete.major
As I read somewhere else here; Acer is obliged to release the kernel source, but there is no deadline. Also they want to document it before they release it so developers can understand it.

LOL yeah, I'm a dev (not android though) and when I say to my boss that I'd rather not show him the code until after I "document" it, it usually means it's a pile of crap and I'm trying to clean it up before he finds out LOL

Good code should be "documented" as you write it.

Edited by pete.major

Guest three_pineapples
LOL yeah, I'm a dev (not android though) and when I say to my boss that I'd rather not show him the code until after I "document" it, it usually means it's a pile of crap and I'm trying to clean it up before he finds out LOL

Good code should be "documented" as you write it.

Never. Undocumented, messy code that works as ordered is just a way of protecting your intellectual property since no one else can understand what is going on B)

Anyway, hopefully we'll see the kernel source in a week or so :)

Mailed acer, still waiting...

Dear rasmus eneman,

Thank you for contacting Acer UK. I’ll be happy to assist you…

Regarding the query you have informed about the kernel source not being available on our web site. Further to inform this issue is been taken care off and i myself has escalated this issue to be dealt at production level .

We are surely expecting the kernel source to be published in our Acer web site . I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you .

For further support please e-mail or call our Acer Technical Support Line on 0871 760 1000.

We appreciate your interest for sending us e-mail and will be glad to assist you further to the extent possible.

Respectfully,

Acer UK

Online Technical Support

Never. Undocumented, messy code that works as ordered is just a way of protecting your intellectual property since no one else can understand what is going on B)

Anyway, hopefully we'll see the kernel source in a week or so :)

just ensures you'll be supporting that bit of code for as long as you work.

my boss always said to move up always find someone to do your job. Good incentive to write maintainable code I say.

Guest chingy1788
so just matters of time

damn i want 2.1 rom

and 1GHz

and see if that using normal ear/headphones in a call problem is fixable

and see if we can make the touch screen resolution better

and a whole host of other little things

Acer Computer Germany say:

Wie Sie sicher wissen obliegt das Android 2.1 nur einem Handy auf dem Markt

dem Google Phone und wird im laufe dieses Jahres erst erscheinen, dann

kommt Motorola Milestone dran und bevor Hersteller wie Acer Computer es

bekommen dauert es noch ein wenig.

Uns sind leider keine Termine bekannt, aber wir werden Sie auf unserer

Homepage auf dem laufenden halten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ch. Schwan

ACER Computer GmbH

Technischer Support

Translation by Google:

How do you know for sure that Android 2.1 is for only one phone on the market

The Google Phone and will be run this year will appear first, then

Motorola Milestone's it going to manufacturers such as Acer Computer, and before it

get it still takes a little bit.

We are no dates announced, but we are on our

Maintain on the homepage.

Sincerely,

Ch Swan

ACER Computer GmbH

Technical Support

Found on German"Android Hilfe" Forum.