orientation?

Guest beshmeee

Guest beshmeee

does the pulse actually work in all directions?

Since I got my pulse (when it was £180 - fume!!!) I assumed that the screen only rotated automatically when I rotated the pulse 90 degrees anticlockwise, but not 90 degrees clockwise or 180 degrees. Now, an app I recently downloaded - Layar - actually rotates the screen in all directions, including upside down - the maps rotate accordingly, as do the menus and the camera image.

I'm guessing this app is basing orientation on the compass (only works in a couple of screens) and not the accelerometer, or something like that?

Cheers, B.

Edited by beshmeee

does the pulse actually work in all directions?

Since I got my pulse (when it was £180 - fume!!!) I assumed that the screen only rotated automatically when I rotated the pulse 90 degrees anticlockwise, but not 90 degrees clockwise or 180 degrees. Now, an app I recently downloaded - Layar - actually rotates the screen in all directions, including upside down - the maps rotate accordingly, as do the menus and the camera image.

I'm guessing this app is basing orientation on the compass (only works in a couple of screens) and not the accelerometer, or something like that?

Cheers, B.

The limitation you're talking about is to do with software. The actual accelerometer gives data on the rotation of 3 axes. The software only rotates it 90 degrees anti-clockwise or brings it back to its normal position.