FEATURE: Screen not so sensitive towards the edges ?

Guest Rocky7

Don't think I am knocking this phone, its very good but if I find an issue I'll post it.

Anyone else finding the screen is less sensitive around the edges ? Having difficulty (very occasionally) pressing P.

Camera zoom slider is quite difficult to move.

I've previously had a HTC Magic and HTC Hero, one of which (can't remember) had similar "issues" with screen sensitivity near the edes reported. May be it's just a capacitive screen thing ?

Don't think I am knocking this phone, its very good but if I find an issue I'll post it.

Anyone else finding the screen is less sensitive around the edges ? Having difficulty (very occasionally) pressing P.

I find it hard pressing ?123 on the virtual keyboard in the bottom left, on the other hand I just grabbed Spotify... gotta take the insignificant bad with all the good ;)

I find it hard pressing ?123 on the virtual keyboard in the bottom left, on the other hand I just grabbed Spotify... gotta take the insignificant bad with all the good ;)

It is a lovely phone, I was using a Milestone last week (pre release GSM model) and it was nippy ... but this is faster, or appears faster.

Things I like EVERYTHING thats not in the following list, its a surprisingly good phone

Things I don't like

* its quite slippy to hold but OK

* the touch sensitive button lights going out when using the phone in the dark, you have to touch them to get them to light up again

* the flashing charging light that keeps me awake unless I cover it (ditto the other icons, there is no setting for them that I can find)

* the RUBBISH looking dialler application ... looks like my first VisualBasic program ;)

Things I wish I could do

* get hold of my disk before next week so I could get ADB working

* install a replacement phone.apk (cytown)

* try installing better browser (probably will not work)

* try installing HTC_IME

Thing I miss from my magic

* track ball

* HARD KEYS ... I love hard keys and the Magic has the best layout of the androids I have used.

Better Browser SHOULD work, else try Dolphin! Wonder if that will support Multitouch?

P

Well until I get my mitts on my install disk I am stuck looking at a USB device installer screen ;)

And to think I have been sitting here wasting time working when I could have been dossing around ! Thx.

Although it doesn't have the USB drivers on there either ... damn !

Guest TheTinyToon

yeah, I have the same problem with the edges, same with with the zoom slider or the spacebar in horizontal mode.

I've also called Acer and written a mail to their support about the lacking USB-driver. In the handbook, they also wrote about VPN-settings, which do not exist in the menus. I also do not understand about the protected junk like an avatar creator, which you are unable to delete by default.

Acer just sucks at support as always, but the price-to-value ratio is still great.

Edit: I've found quite some posts with different phones and the same problem... as already stated by saqulb, this seems to be a normal problem for this kind of touchscreen.

Edited by TheTinyToon